Beating Malak without Zaalbar

Just completed the Malak event with Revan, Bastilla, Jolee, Mission and T3....yes T3!
All gear 12 except Mission at gear 11.
Strategy:
Kill droids only and use Revan/T3 aoe to take down the tanks.
Get them all as close as you dare to almost dead (I messed this up quite a few times). Make sure you have Revan with all possible Bastilla buffs.
Go mad on Malak and ignore the droids, use all abilities to keep him below half health. Keep fingers crossed.
Good luck, there’s hope!

Replies

• Options
    qbw7rdn8sj36.png
  • Options
    I did it without zaalbar as well...

I had Revan, Jolee, Bastila, t3m4, and mission. I had to let malak take the crit immunity from the tank thing on the right by making sure it was the lowest health tank and getting malak to 50% health...then my aoe abilities did not trigger corrupted battle meditation... manage his enrage by killing the droids as often as they come up and make sure the other three tank things are destroyed before malak gets below half health again. Once they are all dead, ignore the droids and go after malak with everything. I lost my t3 and mission early. But revan, Jolee, and Bastia were able to overcome his health regen with a bit of rng.
  • Options
    Nice, congrats buddy!
  • Options
    Just completed the Malak event with Revan, Bastilla, Jolee, Mission and T3....yes T3!
    All gear 12 except Mission at gear 11.
    Strategy:
    Kill droids only and use Revan/T3 aoe to take down the tanks.
    Get them all as close as you dare to almost dead (I messed this up quite a few times). Make sure you have Revan with all possible Bastilla buffs.
    Go mad on Malak and ignore the droids, use all abilities to keep him below half health. Keep fingers crossed.
    Good luck, there’s hope!

Does it mean you only use the AOE when the droids are down? Or all the time when aoe is avalible?
  • Options
    Hey dude, I too was in the same position and just wanted to let you know that I managed to unlock Malak thanks to you. All the youtubers were unlcoking him with Zaalbar and I was starting to believe I couldn't do it. Thanks to you post, and many advices, I was able to finnaly kill this guy. Dunoo who you are but thank you so, so very much. Hope you get to read this, best of luck in anything that you do, love ya bud !
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I could see this potentially being easier, actually. Zaalbar's armor shred is nice, but he's slow as all get out and his regular hits don't do much damage. T3 can hit reasonably hard, so he'd make it easier to keep mowing down the droids to keep Malak's rage down.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    @Aresthundergod no problem at all my friend! I couldn’t see anything on forums or youtube either, glad it helped:)