Falcon vs Falcon

How the hell do you beat that thing if you have 6* falcon and they have a 7 star one? What's the best capital ship to use? I'm experimenting with HT and I keep swapping ships in the 3rd slot but I'm only winning about 30% of the matches

Replies

• Options
    Home one. If they are faster than you, meaning their home one is faster, you typically want HT, Biggs, Falcon as your starting 3.
  • Options
    Home one.
    I've always found the key is not using Hounds Tooth Breach Taunt ability straight away.

(I start HT, Hans Falcon, Ghost)

If they end up faster, you just use basics to allow them to kill the breached ship (by not taunting) so you can reinforce Cassian and clear the HT Taunt. That let's you focus fire down their Falcon. Easy mode after that 95% of the time.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Fast Home One.
    Gear/mod your HMF pilots and Ackbar to increase HMF/Home One speed.
    Gear up Bistan/SRP to get a fast U-wing.

If you keep loosing your HMF in the initial blast, because your ships are too slow, try using Sun Fac as third along with HT and HMF.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Fast Home One.

If you keep loosing your HMF in the initial blast, because your ships are too slow, try using Sun Fac as third along with HT and HMF.
    At the risk of pointing out the obvious, Fun Sac is slower than a stunned snail on a patch of superglue. :D
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Fast Home One.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, Fun Sac is slower than a stunned snail on a patch of superglue. :D

At the risk of pointing out the obvious:
    Sun Fac is not there for his speed.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Fast Home One.

So what is he there for? If the problem is losing one's Falcon in the opening volley, Fun Sac wont help because he's way too slow to go first and his auto-taunt only kicks in if an enemy is buffed at the start of their turn and on the first turn nobody is buffed.
  • Options
    HomeOne, HT, Facon, Biggs
    Your Falcon has to be faster than his HomeOne.
    On yout turn attack his HT and hope you land targetlock so Biggs can tank. If it fails ... sorry, lost.
    Or use Facon's Special and wait what he is doing try to take down his Biggs, call either Wegdge as enforcement if you have breach and target HT giving him Buffimmunity. If you do not have breach and he has no Sun Fac out, call Cassian and then attack his Falcon with Cassians maxed Special (attack and assist, both crit) ... that should kill his falcon.
    It is not easy to win against a stronger team but it is possible.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Fast Home One.

So what is he there for? If the problem is losing one's Falcon in the opening volley, Fun Sac wont help because he's way too slow to go first and his auto-taunt only kicks in if an enemy is buffed at the start of their turn and on the first turn nobody is buffed.

So what is the Falcon doing on his first turn every single time?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Hortus
    624 posts Member
    Options
    I'm defeating 6-7* with 5* consistently enough to hit 1 place most of days (I think winrate is about 60% overall). The setup is HMF-Biggs-Silencer, Phoenixes and Wedge as reinforcements (pretty weak setup, I know, but still enough for offence wins). Silencer's initial stun on opposing HMF gives enough headstart to compete. After that is up to random - who procs more assists or if enemy ships suddenly dodge like crazy, etc. And it's much easier if your Home One is faster.
  • Options
    6* falcon should be faster than their home 1. If it’s not, you need to gear/mod your toons because you are being outclassed. Assuming it is faster, I’ve found the best combo to be HT + Biggs. On mirror matches, they can both usually stay alive long enough for you to reinforce Phantom, who will usually take out the other Biggs (they will also usually kill off your Biggs). Next reinforcement depends on whether or not you have a breached toon. No? Cassian and nuke the falcon. Yes? Well, now it’s a bit of a challenge to see if you can survive long enough to take out their falcon.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Fast Home One.

Enemy HMF moves fast and buffs itself.

Try it out. It works. (But no, not particularly well on defense)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Fast Home One.

Falcon Immediately buffs itself starting SF auto-taunt. Bistan, Biggs, ghost all have buffs really quickly too. Even if Falcon clears SF taunt he taunts again. It works kinda even with my g8 SF under Thrawn. Would be way better with a maxxed SF.
  • Options
    But what, ultimately, is SF being used for? He's not putting out damage, and he's not synergizing with the rest of the ships.

Biggs gets taunt on TL - which Rebels have plenty of.
    HT is slow as molasses, but Rebels love AoE which speeds HT up considerably.

Just not seeing why you'd give up a ship spot to SF. Maxed Home One tops at 179 speed. If your Falcon is slower than that, you've been slacking.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    But what, ultimately, is SF being used for? He's not putting out damage, and he's not synergizing with the rest of the ships.

Just not seeing why you'd give up a ship spot to SF. Maxed Home One tops at 179 speed. If your Falcon is slower than that, you've been slacking.

His auto-taunt is basically unavoidable since Rebel fleets buff themselves constantly, so he keeps the heat off your Rebel ships while they throw their assist party. There's a guy that uses him as a reinforcement in my shard, and it does screw up my "reinforce Cassian and then nuke the enemy Falcon" strategy since Cassian comes in buffed. I still usually win, but it does throw a wrench in things.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options

His only purpose is you keep your own HMF alive during the opening attacks by the faster enemies.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

I gave the reason in my initial comment:

If your fleet handles the initial blast fine without risking loosing a ship, then you don't need Sun Fac, of course.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Fast Home One.

Enemy HMF moves fast and buffs itself.

Try it out. It works. (But no, not particularly well on defense)
    At the risk of actually agreeing with you, fair enough. I was thinking about facing that as a defensive lineup but the OP's question was indeed about his offensive lineup.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Home one.
    I've always found the key is not using Hounds Tooth Breach Taunt ability straight away.

(I start HT, Hans Falcon, Ghost)

If they end up faster, you just use basics to allow them to kill the breached ship (by not taunting) so you can reinforce Cassian and clear the HT Taunt. That let's you focus fire down their Falcon. Easy mode after that 95% of the time.

Do you have a video of this? I believe you, I'm just not understanding the moves and turns your talking about.

Maybe if I saw a video I can understand it. I just unlocked falcon so it's really tough to get my head around all the different strategies.