Ships is broken

Everyone runs the same team now or a very minor variation.

Hound, falcon, biggs + Phoenix

Firstly, it’s boring. Ships has never been massively diverse but this is the worst it’s been.

Secondly, the current meta requires very little focus on ships to be a powerhouse.

Falcon - Han and Chewie (which people farmed anyway for other game modes).

Hound - bossk Is farmed in order to get chewie and the ship itself is on an incredibly rich node with Jango.

Biggs - f2p ship and pilot.

Phoenix - f2p beginner team and easy ships which everyone should have.

Ships needs an overhaul and here’s my suggestion.

1. A new capital ship - seriously we’ve had 1 additional ship since launch (not to mention that Mace’s is awful).

2. Hound needs a hard counter. It’s stupidly overpowered. Even if you manage to apply buff immunity you have to kill it before it takes a turn and cleanses.

3. Improve the faction synergies to match the power of rebels. Rebels are the only ones who have decent synergy across the board from capital ship to the individuals.

Replies

• Options
    This. I've benefited greatly from it, but I can also recognize it's broken. I'm guessing all new capital ships will have quite a bit more faction synergy.
  • Options
    A new ship will introduce daze and neuter the Falcon for a long time. Book it. Falcon without all those assists is mediocre.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

Firstly, it’s boring. Ships has never been massively diverse but this is the worst it’s been.
    Because 95%(?) Thrawn + Biggs + TIEs was so much different...in fact HMF has more diversity in it's starting lineups than Thrawn + TIEs which was basically set in stone.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    A new ship will introduce daze and neuter the Falcon for a long time. Book it. Falcon without all those assists is mediocre.

Daze is already available on multiple ships, and there isnt a reliable counter with them.
  • Options
    Bossk has a hard counter.

There is a ship which easily one shots bossk or (cripples him for an easy finish) after about round 3-4.

Milfalcon teams still beat me though a lot of the time though due to RNG crapshoot..
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options

Alternatively, it could have a method to strip Falcon's buffs. "Whenever an enemy ship assists, remove all buffs from that ship" for example. Once the Falcon can't hide behind Outmaneuver, it dies really quickly.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    DarthWok wrote: »
    Bossk has a hard counter.

There is a ship which easily one shots bossk or (cripples him for an easy finish) after about round 3-4.

Milfalcon teams still beat me though a lot of the time though due to RNG crapshoot..

you´re saying HMF teams need RNG to win vs your team (presumably without HMF)?
    if so, that's something i find hard to believe.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

Alternatively, it could have a method to strip Falcon's buffs. "Whenever an enemy ship assists, remove all buffs from that ship" for example. Once the Falcon can't hide behind Outmaneuver, it dies really quickly.

Unless it dodges. So better get rid of the 2% dodge chance and also inflict evasion down (ha, there you go RNG!).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    I'm expecting two new capital ships soon. One for Grievous to launch with the Geonosis TB. The second for Malak, which will appear in 3 months when Malak's event returns - and it'll be much better. Players who will have invested in Grievous' ship will be out of resources for Malak's, and it'll be much stronger.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

Because 95%(?) Thrawn + Biggs + TIEs was so much different...in fact HMF has more diversity in it's starting lineups than Thrawn + TIEs which was basically set in stone.

The problem with your statement was biggs TIE's was the meta from the start, except with ships up until Houndstooth release any fleet could just about beat any fleet with a little thought. Were new strategies out there that were better yes...but biggs TIES still worked... if you have something that worked stick with it especially how lazy some people are when it comes to farming fleets.

You could have run anything which was pretty darn diverse...but people just left their biggs and ties in because...that's ALL they had... So it was very diverse in the fact you could run whatever you wanted and still taken 1.

Now you Run HMF and you'll like it... unless your in a shard (so not getting sniped) when you put in your flip a coin 4 leaf clover counters
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »

Unless it dodges. So better get rid of the 2% dodge chance so there is not an 80% chance to dodgeand also inflict evasion down (ha, there you go RNG!).

fyp
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Tie fighter pilot dodges 5 times in a row and then ultimate wiping out your whole fleet while they had 1 left is thankfully something we don't have to deal with now.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    Tie fighter pilot dodges 5 times in a row and then ultimate wiping out your whole fleet while they had 1 left is thankfully something we don't have to deal with now.

Your right....now it's 5 ships dodging 20 times in a row and the falcon wipingyou out instead of the capital ultimate..... good oberservation
  • Options

Yup, now it’s hounds tooth soaking up all damage (including ultimates) whilst the rest of the team does everything.

Show me one viable team that doesn’t have HT in it?

HT needs a counter.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Yup, now it’s hounds tooth soaking up all damage (including ultimates) whilst the rest of the team does everything.

Show me one viable team that doesn’t have HT in it?

HT needs a counter.

Yes HT ruined ships...not the falcon... falcon fleets would be beatable with Jedi Consular and maul lol but not for that stupid stuipid HT

Give nest the cleanse and taunt HT has.....loli see the whales cry