Upcoming Change to Darth Malak [MERGE]

191011121315Next

Replies

• Nihion wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people here are lambasting Crumb. He's the community manager. He is the "messenger" if you will - but he didn't design Malak, set the event timings, or decide on how to rework Malak. He gets to be the voice to try and let us know what those changes are, and interact with us.

The phrase "don't shoot the messenger" comes to mind.

What?! I thought Crumb ran the whole game...

Apparently that's Carrie - she's in charge. News to me too.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I don't understand why people here are lambasting Crumb. He's the community manager. He gets to be the voice to try and let us know what those changes are, and interact with us.

He informed us of the change. Backlash then shortly consumes here, on reddit, everywhere. He curls up and goes into hiding and doesn't interact at all as the community manager and goes through with change. And to top it off they do it right in the the middle of a GA. These guys are blowing it left and right and that's fact, not opinion.

He’s hiding because everyone attacks him - when it seems he has no input in development anyway. It’s not his fault. He seems like a cool guy that gets a bad rap.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Community Manager - I mean it's all in the job description.

I think he should be out here chatting more with us....but I also understand it's frustrating when a bunch of ignorant angry gamers blame you for other people's decisions.

Maybe he would be chatting out here more if people weren't aiming direct personal attacks at him, just for being the messenger?
  • in other news, the new f2p jka, gk, tano reworks beat DR/Malak...
    this game is going down in dumpster fire fashion. get your popcorn. either it gets nerfed or it doesn't. either way, CG loses all credibility. wow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlkDL2bQ8HM
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member

I think he should be out here chatting more with us....but I also understand it's frustrating when a bunch of ignorant angry gamers blame you for other people's decisions.

Maybe he would be chatting out here more if people weren't aiming direct personal attacks at him, just for being the messenger?

I would have agreed a few days ago but the past couple of days makes think that would be a bad idea. People are claiming they are lying while completely misquoting them....tearing apart everything they say.

The problem was the delay for darth revan and the silence. They have to stop teasing something if it isn't ready to go.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Evidently his management style is by delegating our views quietly, without actually consulting us.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    He can kill the Dathomir Alter with one move, so... there’s that...

Not even Nihilus can do that
  • Along the week they will throw some weak bone trying to calm down the community.

Called.
    Reworks just released right before...

I am hyped to see what bomb will drop friday afternoon this week.

Called again. Swgoh devs becoming so so so predictable.
    This game is *starting* to become a joke.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!