Dear CG...

To the Dev team at CG,

WHY!? What is WRONG with you?

Let's be honest, Emperor Palpatine has been a fantastic all-around leader for a long time. Many people will agree with me that his zeta is amazing. With this in mind, why in heckfire would you completely undermine him?!

With Darth Malak's new update, you are basically giving our zeta investments the middle finger, and by default give the SWGOH community the middle finger. All because Palps, the flippin' Emperor of the Galactic flippin' Empire, hurts your shiny new toy. I mean, seriously. Granted, Malak is hard to get at first, but eventually people are gonna start getting him, and turning this game upside down.

Before this, there was a short rock-paper-scissors meta going on. For a team to win, everything wasn't entirely dependent on how fast your characters are, but were rather focused on strategy. That's what the game is centered on, right? But now, it's who's got the fastest characters and who's got the best mods. As you guys stated in the lates Road Ahead post, "our hope is that a variety of competitive teams filter into the community over time, and that the primary 'meta' of the game becomes a little bit more balanced in the future. While it may not be a true rock-paper-scissors meta, and while it will take some time to execute, this is the targeted end state." WE ARE AT THE END STATE!! If you guys would care to look at the latest Meta Report on swgoh.gg, you will observe there is a rock-paper-scissors meta: 1730 EP leaders, 1779 JK Revan leaders, and 4383 Darth Revan leaders. All three of these teams can beat each other! By following through with this update, you totally kill the balance!

Instead of making Malak a better character, you folks flat out nerf Palpatine just because he gets dirt on your new toy. This is just ****, guys. Jeez.

To the CG community, below is a poll. You can vote for either, "I want the meta to remain balanced, heck with this update!" or "Yeah I like this 'JK Revanesque' reign of terror to come again with Darth Revan, I want this update."

Again, to CG I beg of you not to follow through with this update. You'll definitely put a smile on Ahnaldt's face.

Sincerely,
TevlodiObight1

Dear CG... 27 votes

I want the meta to remain balanced, heck with this update!
77% 21 votes
Yeah I like this 'JK Revanesque' reign of terror to come again with Darth Revan, I want this update!
22% 6 votes

Replies