Need ideas

So currently I am level 74, I have a pretty decent team as far as squad arena goes. I use Darth Vader, Jedi consular, kylo Ren unmasked, Darth Sion, and Darth Nihilus. I have taken out teams with 20000 more power than me so I'm ok there for now. But I'm really struggling in the ship section of the game. I can barely take it teams of the same power let alone higher. What ships should I try and build up? I currently use the silencer, Biggs, clone sergeant, consular with executrix. literally can't even make executrix 3 star because I can't win the challenge

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    1) Power level means nothing get that out of your head "trust me"

2) You have 2 choices right now and one is a gamble. You can farm your bounty hunter ships and get the falcon. This will give you the current meta team in ships and let you climb to the top of your shard. But by the time you have done this it won't be meta anymore...that's where your second choice comes in... Gambling on the next meta...

Now that's where it get's hairy.

Most think Sith will be next meta locked behind DR or Malak which would peev a lot of people off which is why I think it's coming because anger fuels CG somehow with sith power. At your level and farming I have no idea if you could even pull off a sith meta.

Some think Seps or Mace might be the new meta with incoming TB map - I think it's far fetched but with Galactic Republic reworks coming who knows maybe their ships will get a massive boost.... I'm still not buying it though

That leaves you with Ep 9 content with your FO fleet and possibly a resistance P2W multiple marquee release format making CG money and changing the meta.... I do like to follow the possible money and this might be where it's at.

Either way it's a gamble. You might be better off just going BH....getting the falcon ASAP then saving all your pilots gear until Episode 9 and pray you are right

IF falcon meta does not change for 6-12 months which is possible I guess the way CG treats ships it would be your best bet....

Or gamble on the faction you think most likely to become next meta.. my money is on sith banking massive protection gains from capital along with palps HT mechanic but not sure it would fit in the 5 min timeframe...possible timeout team....

HMF will benefit you in a raid and in arena... I would go there first then gamble on whoever you think is the next meta

EDIT... my dream (so not happening is that ACE squadron get's Quintiple marquee released (i'll deal with the 5 months of pain) and I can have that sweet sweet resistance cartoon squad..... Or the FO ships from the show that red interceptor WAS the bomb !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Well first I would like to say thank u for taking the time to help me out I definitely appreciate it! I honestly have tried to get a couple of the rare or extremely rare characters, but there are so many different essential teams that need farming (ewoks empire, pheonix, etc.) That I start farming one and then the next event comes and I move on to the next one. I literally don't have a single character that you can get from the heroes journeys or events that's how green I am. I wish I had enough time to grind so I could get the better characters in the game but it sure is a grind. One day I will definitely get there. Again I do appreciate the help. And one last thing, power level, what's that? Lol
  • Options
    Well first I would like to say thank u for taking the time to help me out I definitely appreciate it! I honestly have tried to get a couple of the rare or extremely rare characters, but there are so many different essential teams that need farming (ewoks empire, pheonix, etc.) That I start farming one and then the next event comes and I move on to the next one. I literally don't have a single character that you can get from the heroes journeys or events that's how green I am. I wish I had enough time to grind so I could get the better characters in the game but it sure is a grind. One day I will definitely get there. Again I do appreciate the help. And one last thing, power level, what's that? Lol

This game needs a long-term approach. It sounds like you've been trying to get characters for whatever legendary is on at the time. I'm afraid that doesn't lead down a good road - you'll end up with lots of half-finished squads and get stomped on. It's better to have fewer, more well-developed squads.

The advice by the guy above is sound but is better aimed at someone further into the game than you. You won't be able to use the millennium falcon for some time because unlocking Chewbacca is a challenge.

I suggest thinking about the legendary characters (they're all useful) and planning your farming around that.

Legendary/journey characters:
    - Yoda - needs jedi
    - Palpatine - needs rebel
    - thrawn - needs phoenix
    - Chewbacca - needs bounty hunters *at high gear*
    - C3PO - needs ewoks *at high gear*
    - bb8 - needs first order
    - R2-D2 - needs empire
    - commander luke skywalker
    - jedi training rey
    - jedi revan
    - Darth revan

You can choose to approach it how you like based on which factions you like best.

You also need to think about resources, particularly credits. The credit heists need scoundrels and you want to be doing the max tier asap.

For maximum efficiency, I'd suggest farming phoenix as they'll help you get both Palpatine and thrawn. These two will in turn form the basis of an empire squad to help you get R2-D2, who is needed for commander luke. The Empire squad will also do reasonably well in both squad and fleet arena (thrawn's capital ship, Vader's ship and TIE Fighter pilot's ship, alongside the phoenix ships, are all good early-game). By this point you'll probably have Han solo too, so you're on the way to building a good rebel squad. Now things get complicated; you can push for chewie and 3PO to round out the squad - it's doable at 5* but 7* will be a huge effort for a new player. Or you could diversify and go for any of the other legendaries. The choice is a lot more complicated now than it used to be.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    I’d work on the easy to farm ships first, then once you can start clearing the ships table you can refine your focus to a specific faction. You’re very early in on ships, where it’s just about getting any ships started up, really, so you can do the challenges. Biggs’ X-wing is a great farm, as you can get both its shards and Biggs’ shards from the GW store. You can also use GW tokens to get shards for Ahsoka’s ship and Imperial Tie Fighter. From the ship store, pick 2 or 3 ships and stick with them so you can star them up. Also, pick up shards for Vader’s Tie any time they show up at the ship store. It’ll take a while to get 80 for the unlock, but it will help massively in the early game. It will also help if your arena team and ship team share as many characters as possible, so you don’t have to spread your resources so thin. That’s why you’ll probably see a lot of Vaders, Tarkins, TFPs and KRUs in the arena.
    Specifically, I’d recommend the following if I were in your shoes:
    Cantina Energy: Farm KRU until silencer is 7*, then start starring up Tie Fighter Pilot.
    Regular Energy: Farm IG-2000, and, once you can, Xanadu Blood and Hounds Tooth (along with Bossk).
    Galactic War: Biggs’ X-Wing and Imperial Tie Fighter. If you’re thinking about switching to Ackbar lead, Ahsoka Tano’s Starfighter so you have another LS ship (eventually capital ship challenges will require only LS or DS ships, depending on which capital you’re trying to unlock).
    Arena Store: Tarkin (assuming you stick with his lead) to 7*, then IG-88
    Ship store: This is where you have the most options, but pick 2. I’d probably go with Imperial Tie Fighter plus 1. If your Jedi Consular is 7* and at least G8, probably go with his starship since you’ve already got the pilot in a decent spot.
  • Options

This game needs a long-term approach. It sounds like you've been trying to get characters for whatever legendary is on at the time. I'm afraid that doesn't lead down a good road - you'll end up with lots of half-finished squads and get stomped on. It's better to have fewer, more well-developed squads.

The advice by the guy above is sound but is better aimed at someone further into the game than you. You won't be able to use the millennium falcon for some time because unlocking Chewbacca is a challenge.

I suggest thinking about the legendary characters (they're all useful) and planning your farming around that.

Legendary/journey characters:
    - Yoda - needs jedi
    - Palpatine - needs rebel
    - thrawn - needs phoenix
    - Chewbacca - needs bounty hunters *at high gear*
    - C3PO - needs ewoks *at high gear*
    - bb8 - needs first order
    - R2-D2 - needs empire
    - commander luke skywalker
    - jedi training rey
    - jedi revan
    - Darth revan

You can choose to approach it how you like based on which factions you like best.

You also need to think about resources, particularly credits. The credit heists need scoundrels and you want to be doing the max tier asap.

For maximum efficiency, I'd suggest farming phoenix as they'll help you get both Palpatine and thrawn. These two will in turn form the basis of an empire squad to help you get R2-D2, who is needed for commander luke. The Empire squad will also do reasonably well in both squad and fleet arena (thrawn's capital ship, Vader's ship and TIE Fighter pilot's ship, alongside the phoenix ships, are all good early-game). By this point you'll probably have Han solo too, so you're on the way to building a good rebel squad. Now things get complicated; you can push for chewie and 3PO to round out the squad - it's doable at 5* but 7* will be a huge effort for a new player. Or you could diversify and go for any of the other legendaries. The choice is a lot more complicated now than it used to be.

Again thank you for the response, I actually have started the Phoenix squad, and currently all are at at least 4 star with 3 at 5 and I have 75 shards for thrawn, I just recently unlocked both the ghost and phantom, and that in itself has helped they're just still really low level. That's pretty much what I've been farming across the board, other than making my main team stronger. If I could get TIE advanced that would be awesome (I think) because my Vader is by far my most built character. I do 100% agree that trying to build one team is going to be better than 4 or 5 especially with how long it takes to level my characters.
  • Options
    I’d work on the easy to farm ships first, then once you can start clearing the ships table you can refine your focus to a specific faction. You’re very early in on ships, where it’s just about getting any ships started up, really, so you can do the challenges. Biggs’ X-wing is a great farm, as you can get both its shards and Biggs’ shards from the GW store. You can also use GW tokens to get shards for Ahsoka’s ship and Imperial Tie Fighter. From the ship store, pick 2 or 3 ships and stick with them so you can star them up. Also, pick up shards for Vader’s Tie any time they show up at the ship store. It’ll take a while to get 80 for the unlock, but it will help massively in the early game. It will also help if your arena team and ship team share as many characters as possible, so you don’t have to spread your resources so thin. That’s why you’ll probably see a lot of Vaders, Tarkins, TFPs and KRUs in the arena.
    Specifically, I’d recommend the following if I were in your shoes:
    Cantina Energy: Farm KRU until silencer is 7*, then start starring up Tie Fighter Pilot.
    Regular Energy: Farm IG-2000, and, once you can, Xanadu Blood and Hounds Tooth (along with Bossk).
    Galactic War: Biggs’ X-Wing and Imperial Tie Fighter. If you’re thinking about switching to Ackbar lead, Ahsoka Tano’s Starfighter so you have another LS ship (eventually capital ship challenges will require only LS or DS ships, depending on which capital you’re trying to unlock).
    Arena Store: Tarkin (assuming you stick with his lead) to 7*, then IG-88
    Ship store: This is where you have the most options, but pick 2. I’d probably go with Imperial Tie Fighter plus 1. If your Jedi Consular is 7* and at least G8, probably go with his starship since you’ve already got the pilot in a decent spot.

Yes I have noticed a lot of those characters in the arena and was never sure why. That's good to know. I did unlock the pheonix ships and they have been helping, I just need to level them a bunch. What would you say is the best if the 3 starter ship leaders? I currently do use my cantina for KRU when I'm not going for Phoenix. I'm at 5 starts so doing ok I guess. I wish the advanced showed it's ugly face more often because I really want to try it out. Your suggestions do sound good so I will take them into consideration thank you
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    5* chewy not that hard to unlock..... 6 and 7....that's a different ballgame..

As an early game player being able to beat a tier or two of Contraband Cargo will allow you to start collecting resources that will be super valuable to your fleet down the line.

Houndstooth (a must) Slave one is an early ship along with boba... this also gives you 2 of the bounty hunter ships and toons needed for falcon if you have your phoneix already phantom and ghost will help you once you get falcon. You should be able to beat CC with just houndstooth just need the ships to get the tiers unlocked..

IG and Xanadu should always be in your mind if you have extra energy

Getting Houndstooth up and running even at 3/4/5/ * should be your main goal for ships...once you have that you can clear a ton of the fleet table....and pick and choose targets in arena that cannot counter hounds tooth.
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    5* chewy not that hard to unlock..... 6 and 7....that's a different ballgame..

As an early game player being able to beat a tier or two of Contraband Cargo will allow you to start collecting resources that will be super valuable to your fleet down the line.

Houndstooth (a must) Slave one is an early ship along with boba... this also gives you 2 of the bounty hunter ships and toons needed for falcon if you have your phoneix already phantom and ghost will help you once you get falcon. You should be able to beat CC with just houndstooth just need the ships to get the tiers unlocked..

IG and Xanadu should always be in your mind if you have extra energy

Getting Houndstooth up and running even at 3/4/5/ * should be your main goal for ships...once you have that you can clear a ton of the fleet table....and pick and choose targets in arena that cannot counter hounds tooth.

Ok sweet. I every once in a while throw my crystals at getting hounds tooth but I will for sure do it more often. It's in the store quite a lot
  • Options
    I'm level 82 and generally find fleet annoying. The only bit of advice I really have is to farm ships that you already have the pilots for. This generally is good for a start since it means you have to level less characters since you're likely to be levelling them anyway.