Zetas come in too Slowly?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Saving for the JKR event this month, 27 mats so far lol
    You need to start saving for the new version of Rey coming out!

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    You're not meant to get every zeta. They're like, the one thing in the game you can't buy.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Some people have already said this but...

The rate of zetas is pretty reasonable for non-whale players. The problem is that by whaling, you are developing new teams faster than you can collect their zetas, and zetas are the one item you can't whale. For many of us, the omegas are a bigger bottleneck (but you can whale those).

Lots of folks in my guild are sitting on 80+ zeta mats with no good place to put them, since we're collecting mats faster than we can farm and gear good characters and teams.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Are you getting the zetas from challenges every sunday, monday, thursday?

No cause some ppl get 3-4 every challenge day i get 0 it sucks
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options
    If you finish high in fleet arena,
    You get 1800 fleet currency per day
    So approx 6 zetas a week by flert store
    Then with some luck 2 to 5 zetas from daily challenges per week
  • Options
    I actually need purples and omegas a lot more than zetas.
  • Options
    Saving for the JKR event this month, 27 mats so far lol
    You need to start saving for the new version of Rey coming out!

I need to have my head examined is what I need. I have started pulling way back from the game. Not quitting just adjusting my priorities going into summer.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    So, slightly more than 3 full zetas a month - or about 37 total a year. That should be enough to equip quite a few teams during that year. It's not like we need to build 20 full teams every year.

My dr team took 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 7 zetas.

But did you actually need all of those zetas? You could run that team just fine without putting the zetas on DBas and HK. So yeah, of course if you insist on adding every zeta that comes out you’re going to have a hard time, but that’s because you aren’t supposed to be able to do that, you’re supposed to have to pick and choose.
  • Atzel
    56 posts Member
    Options
    I've gotten many times 2 times 0 from ship challanges , but i never got 2 times 2 ( 4 ) . Last Sunday + Monday i got 1 out of 4 challanges
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So, slightly more than 3 full zetas a month - or about 37 total a year. That should be enough to equip quite a few teams during that year. It's not like we need to build 20 full teams every year.

My dr team took 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 7 zetas.

So, your statement is rather that if you do all challenges at the highest tier, get top fleet reward and spend it all on zetas, have 7* talzin/wicket... Then you can get 5 full teams every year?
    That doesnt sound right.

The amount of zetas is as defined by OP (1 zeta every 9-10 days).

I doubt that you would really need to equip more than 5 complete teams with 7 zetas each every year.
  • Options
    I doubt that you would really need to equip more than 5 complete teams with 7 zetas each every year.

This.

No one builds a completely new Arena team from the ground up every 72 days.

And if you did outfit a 7-zeta team every 72 days when first starting the game b/c of the backlog of toons, by the 20-month mark you're fully equipped to completely crush both TBs, you've got your perfect arena squad, and there are no worlds left to conquer. At that point, you only need to equip the new meta-squad, which doesn't change more than 3x/year (and when it does, it usually includes at least 1-2 toons that aren't new - look at Jedi Knight Revan).

3 new meta-teams a year is 21 zetas/year ... and that's only if none of the toons in the new meta have been around long enough to be zeta'd already. Then, of course, there's usually at least one of those zetas that simply isn't very good. Now you're talking 18/year - the number from old toons that joined the new meta team, so 15-17/year.

Oh, look! Not even half your zetas are required to keep up with the meta!

If 35 zetas/year isn't good enough to keep you competitive, then you just aren't a good player.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Docx wrote: »
    They are a scarce resource, of course they come in slowly.

Obviously, the whole point of the game is what you do with scarce resources. That's the point.

Point of the game is to make money, I can buy my omegas and gears and get these tw / ga viable teams, but if I don’t have the zetas on them, what’s the point?

So that F2P has a glimmer of hope to compete.

Not to be cruel. But.... whales dont care about f2p having hope.

• Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    So on top of this we are in a zeta drought as well. It has been a consistent 8-10 days time frame since I started tracking back in January minus one time where we obtained 5 zetas from the dr event to boost it to 6 days.

I’m currently on day 8 with 12/20 after fleets.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    While I'm fine with taking CG to task for issues in the game, this isn't one. Part of the game is resource management and deciding how to use them. Zeta acquisition rates are fine if you are not trying to simply slap zetas on everything on your roster.

It just feels weird that they don’t make them more available. Whenever something that can’t be bought is a bottleneck it dampens spending across the board. After using my stash on DR and acquiring Malak I am spent on zetas, and my next 4 are planned out, pending new characters and such (2 for Malak, Ahsoka, GK). All of those characters are already geared up.

Which means that unless a character doesn’t need a zeta, I’m not even bother gearing them up right now, because I know it’s going to be months before they get their zeta. So I’m starting to hoard gear and crystals with no urge to purchase more. Then if an event drops in the meantime I won’t have to spend for it either.

I’d zetas were available for crystals I would have the urge to spend for them right now. If they were just more available in general I’d have the urge to buy gear to have characters to put a zeta on for GA/TW.
  • Options
    Which means that unless a character doesn’t need a zeta, I’m not even bother gearing them up right now, because I know it’s going to be months before they get their zeta. So I’m starting to hoard gear and crystals with no urge to purchase more. Then if an event drops in the meantime I won’t have to spend for it either.
    - There are plenty of characters who are almost as good without their zeta, or without all their zetas (ex - Dark Bastila, GK).
    - It is reasonable that there is one key item that can't be purchased. True it dampens the spending of Krakens, but it also narrows the gap between Krakens and Dolphins, keeping the Dolphins engaged and spending.
    - If zetas were available for purchase, you would buy them and then still run out of things to buy, and still end up hoarding gear and crystals with no reason to spend more.
    - Unless you're wasting resources on bad zetas like Canderous or weaker characters like Juhani, I'm surprised you're having trouble keeping them in stock. I have enough that I can go back and do non-meta zetas I skipped earlier, like Jyn and Wicket, and still maintain a stash for the new hotness.

• Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    - There are plenty of characters who are almost as good without their zeta, or without all their zetas (ex - Dark Bastila, GK).
    - It is reasonable that there is one key item that can't be purchased. True it dampens the spending of Krakens, but it also narrows the gap between Krakens and Dolphins, keeping the Dolphins engaged and spending.
    - If zetas were available for purchase, you would buy them and then still run out of things to buy, and still end up hoarding gear and crystals with no reason to spend more.
    - Unless you're wasting resources on bad zetas like Canderous or weaker characters like Juhani, I'm surprised you're having trouble keeping them in stock. I have enough that I can go back and do non-meta zetas I skipped earlier, like Jyn and Wicket, and still maintain a stash for the new hotness.

Alot of good points, but for people who started much later than you, and want to catch their teams up it is literally impossible to do so. I'm a fan of earning zetas - but the way to earn them is too slow especially with how many new zetas they introduce.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Alot of good points, but for people who started much later than you, and want to catch their teams up it is literally impossible to do so. I'm a fan of earning zetas - but the way to earn them is too slow especially with how many new zetas they introduce.

I doubt that the game is designed to let new players catch up to veteran players. Yes, new players advance much faster than new players did 3 years ago, but new players of today should not expect to catch up to veteran players.
  • Options
    I think it’s closer to 2 Zetas a month. But with the release of the new toons with more Zetas I feel they could up the TW Zetas and maybe get 4 for the higher tiers.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

I doubt that the game is designed to let new players catch up to veteran players. Yes, new players advance much faster than new players did 3 years ago, but new players of today should not expect to catch up to veteran players.

Then that means this is the end of the game, this exact moment right here. You MUST have new blood brought into the game and you MUST allow them to get towards the "end game". I'm not saying they should have the absolute best accounts, but WoW was successful for so many years because with each new expansion, there was nothing to hold anyone back from being in a top end raid guild, or climb in arenas / pvp with each expansion.

As of right now there are 2 barriers for newer players to compete with older players - Zetas, and Mods. There is literally zero hope for me to compete with a player who has been around for 3+ years in terms of zetas or even get close and an extremely likely chance I can never compete with them on mods as well, however at least I'm given the "chance" to do so with spending an exorbitant amount crystals.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Then that means this is the end of the game, this exact moment right here.

Why?
    As of right now there are 2 barriers for newer players to compete with older players - Zetas, and Mods. There is literally zero hope for me to compete with a player who has been around for 3+ years in terms of zetas or even get close and an extremely likely chance I can never compete with them on mods as well, however at least I'm given the "chance" to do so with spending an exorbitant amount crystals.

When would new players compete with veteran players? Arena shards consists of players, who joined about the same time - not verans vs. new players. In GA new players are only matched with veteran players, if they actually did catch up to them. How is it relevant, that there are even more advanced vererans out there?

• Docx
    94 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Why?

When would new players compete with veteran players? Arena shards consists of players, who joined about the same time - not verans vs. new players. In GA new players are only matched with veteran players, if they actually did catch up to them. How is it relevant, that there are even more advanced vererans out there?

Grand arena, the new grand arena championships, and TWs specifically.

I have a buddy, a kraken and we started playing at the same time 18 months ago. While my roster is 4.3m, his is nearly 5m with *every* character g12 and a 0% chance to win because of his lack of mods and zetas. This guy spent a ton of money and can’t even begin to compete because he is going up against players who have spent 3+ years farming mods and have an abundance of zetas.

My situation is much better because I spent less money ( how is that fair? I’m ok with it but come on ), but I still have an entire GG team with b1 and droideka maxed at g11, and GG, B2, magna g12 3/5 as paperweights because I can’t get zetas any faster. Unless it is THE meta for arena do you think I’m willing to spend money to gear up any new or current ancillary squads who depend on these zetas? What the hell is the point if I can’t make them relevant?

I’m not saying everyone on my roster needs zetas, what I am saying is that zeta income has to be faster than new zetas released for the good of the game.
  • Options
    As said above - we re also in a point of the game where 1 zeta on a leadership ability won’t cut the mustard. And there are so many more game modes and we just had a bunch of legendaries /journies/ mythic battle thrown at us.

Now with this new Tb I suspect many more zetas to be needed
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    How are people clocking a full zeta, 20 zeta shards in 10 days? In my arena sitting at #30 I get 1250 ship currency or is it 1300? Anyway, that's it a day. Takes 2 days to get 1 zeta shard. The challenges? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I seriously haven't gotten more than 2 in the last month. Yeah no kidding I just laugh when I sim it. That's like 16 opportunities and I got 2. It takes me about 3 weeks to get a full zeta.

1250 fleet a day..... So, in ten days, that's 12500..... Add the fleet time since you get from dailies and you are at about 13,500...... So 6 zeta mats.....

Then, let's say 16 rolls in fleet challenges (I see you got bad RNG,, but I would say I get about 1 zeta mat from every two rolls) so there is 8 more = 14 total ..... Win a tw, there is 3 more, so 17...... Win a Ga that has Zetas and there is your 20......

One every ten days is a bit of a stretch, but I'd be comfortable saying I average one every two weeks.....
  • Options
    I have a much bigger problem with the gear walls than the slow zeta. Personally I am fine that zetas take some time...it would take a lot of fun out of it if you could just immediately max out every toon.
  • DJayK3
    90 posts Member
    Options
    I dunno, I always seem to have enough zetas for at least 1 or 2 in the chamber as new toons drop, I find that it takes me longer to get a toon to G12 that it does to save up for their zetas. I do spend most of my ship currency on zetas, though, so that may be a contributing factor.

Agreed 100% even though I only rank mid 200s on fleet arena.
  • Options

Why?

I have a buddy, a kraken and we started playing at the same time 18 months ago. While my roster is 4.3m, his is nearly 5m with *every* character g12 and a 0% chance to win because of his lack of mods and zetas. This guy spent a ton of money and can’t even begin to compete because he is going up against players who have spent 3+ years farming mods and have an abundance of zetas.

My situation is much better because I spent less money ( how is that fair? I’m ok with it but come on ), but I still have an entire GG team with b1 and droideka maxed at g11, and GG, B2, magna g12 3/5 as paperweights because I can’t get zetas any faster. Unless it is THE meta for arena do you think I’m willing to spend money to gear up any new or current ancillary squads who depend on these zetas? What the hell is the point if I can’t make them relevant?

I’m not saying everyone on my roster needs zetas, what I am saying is that zeta income has to be faster than new zetas released for the good of the game.

Zetas being throttled in the way they are is pretty much the only thing that allows F2P players to compete in squad arena. If whales could have a full G12 and zeta team within days of an arena shard starting, that balance between F2P and P2P would be completely eliminated.

I suspect that would be bad for the game because the F2P players snapping at our heels in PvP game modes provide an incentive for continued spending. CG have clearly chosen to restrict zetas for a reason and I suspect this is it.

You can whale on mods, it's just phenomenally expensive with a low return.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options

Why?

Zetas being throttled in the way they are is pretty much the only thing that allows F2P players to compete in squad arena. If whales could have a full G12 and zeta team within days of an arena shard starting, that balance between F2P and P2P would be completely eliminated.

I suspect that would be bad for the game because the F2P players snapping at our heels in PvP game modes provide an incentive for continued spending. CG have clearly chosen to restrict zetas for a reason and I suspect this is it.

You can whale on mods, it's just phenomenally expensive with a low return.

Totally understand, I don’t think being able to whale out on mods is the right thing to do.

The right thing to do, is allow zeta income to exceed how many new zetas are released. That’s it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Why?

Mods are farmable. You can buy mod energy with crystals (/cash). If your kraken friend lacks mods, he just needs to spend more cash.

Yes, zetas are some of the few things that can't be bought, but that doesn't mean, the farming rate is too low/slow. You simply can't speed it up by spending. That's not the same.