Death Trooper rework!

dimi4a
1558 posts Member
edited May 2019
As we know Death Troopers served as the guard of not only Director Krennic, but also of Grand Admiral Thrawn and Grand Moff Tarkin, so a rework of Death Trooper's unique is in order:
Krennic, Thrawn and Tarkin get a new tag: Imperial Commander

Elite Guard - Unique

Whenever Death Trooper scores a Critical Hit, he and any Imperial Commander ally recover 20% Health. Death Trooper has a 50% chance to gain 100% Turn Meter whenever an allied Imperial Commander takes damage. Imperial Commander allies can't be Critically Hit while Death Trooper is alive. While Death Trooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +10% Health Steal.
Post edited by dimi4a on

Replies

• Options
    To reduce on text, Tarkin, Thrawn and Krennic should get an Imperial Commander, or something along those lines, tag, and replace ll references of Krennic with the tag instead
  • Options
    While I get where you come from, I disagree with this idea. Both from a lore perspective and from a gameplay perspective.

It is true that Death Trooper didn't only act as Krennic's guards. However, Krennic was the only one that relied on them. Tarkin could really take care of himself (there is even a comic in which he and Darth Vader hunt each other. That is just awesome. What happened when Krennic was close to Vader again? oh yeah. "be careful not to choke on your aspirations") And Trawn... Well. It's Trawn. Anyone who has seen any of Rebels will know enough.
    Krennic on the other hand really needs his Death Troopers in order to do anything. Without them he was beaten easily. I personally think showing this trough a unique synergy is pretty clever.
    As from a game play perspective.... You honestly want Trawn to gain all of these bonuses. One of the strongest and most plug-and-play characters ever?!!! That is a really bad idea. Both because it will make Trawn a bit too powerful, but also because it will end up hurting both Death trooper and Trawn.
    Death trooper already has 2 pretty specific teams in which he can be placed. Both these require pretty precise farming however. And adding another specific group of characters to that is not going to help. In the end he is not a tank.
    As for Trawn it will mean that he performs best with Death trooper besides him. Meaning you end up hurting his plug-and-play viability.
    For Tarkin I suppose an argument can be made gameplay wise. It would help him with just that little bit extra.
    Krennc on the other hand is designed to go with him. Which, again, giving how he was without them, is very understandable. It also is a nice extra to have for 3v3 Grand Arena. But that is just me.
    So yeah. Overall I disagree with this idea. The idea in and of itself does sound ok. But I'm gonna say "no, thank you" to it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I like this idea.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    personally i feel like DT is already a solid toon, it's krennic that needs something extra.
    fwiw, i'm not opposed to this rework idea. ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, this is how forums work. People can disagree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Lol @ that kit. We get it, you leveled krennic 😉
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lol @ that kit.

I think this about any player-created kit I read. Which is why I generally don't anymore.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

So, your logic is:

Since he leveled Krennic, he wants DTs zeta to also apply to other characters than Krennic?

;-) ..... I guess.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

So, your logic is:

Since he leveled Krennic, he wants DTs zeta to also apply to other characters than Krennic?

;-) ..... I guess.

Some people are silly.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Would Royal guard get a similar treatment for Palp and Vader?
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Would Royal guard get a similar treatment for Palp and Vader?

I hope so. He doesn't have any unique synergy with Palpatine and he should, cuz right now he is pretty useless.

Now here is something I can fully agree with. Royal guard really should get some unique synergy with palpatine. I even did a rework idea for Royal Guard quite a while ago. Been thinking about it recently again too. Maybe I should have taken some of the suggestions people did. Eh, who knows. For those interested, you can find it here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200586/royal-guard-rework-idea
  • Options
    Royal guard is even required for palpatine’s ship. They should get synergy if they are going to share a ship.