How to beat DR/Malak without speed advantage?

Looking for some help and strategy! Is there a way to beat DR/Malak teams if you aren’t faster than their badstilla? I haven’t found anything that comes close. I have DR, Malak, etc.

Seems to be a broken game where 1 speed dictates the winner of a match. CBM is the real poison I think.

P.S., I’d love to throw in a couple dozen four letter words that express how I feel about this situation, but those pesky moderators.

Replies

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't gone up against a malak DR team yet. But utilizing a zaul lead with nest, and traya has gotten me wins against maxed out DR squads. I'm pretty certain I could beat malak teams too. Should find out tomorrow. But that is a way to counter a severe speed differential.
  • Options
    @Ninjah9 you do know your zaul lead won’t work anymore vs a double zeta malak right?
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    By the way, the tm negating portion in Malak's kit doesn't need a z.
    Res non verba
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Options
    Super simple JKR zombie old daka jolee anakin.... just try it soooooo easy just wow
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I’d like to mute a lot of arguments around here...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    JKR. There are dozens of videos out with various teams that can beat Malak, with similar mods.
  • Options
    So popular consensus is mirrors cant be won at all reliably without a speed advantage?

Kudos, well done CG. Lmao, wont play the **** jkr team. Might as well give up top 10 arena for this meta. :v
  • Options
    Drim wrote: »
    Super simple JKR zombie old daka jolee anakin.... just try it soooooo easy just wow

Can’t tell if this is real or not?
  • Options
    @Kiritoismyname Not sure if this is still a problem for you, but players on my shard have started to put GMY in for either HK or Malak if they lose the speed fight. Get your GMY faster than opposing BSF (shouldn't be too hard based on their base speed and if you can't then maybe don't deserve to climb that high). GMY issues tenacity up before enemy BSF goes so CBM doesn't get applied leaving your DR team to shock away. He's pretty useless after that without the offensive buffs and other goodies he gets from his usual squad mates, but it's generally enough to give you a fighting chance and not an auto-loss.

Another theory going around is that a high tenacity build BSF can get a resist on the initial faster Bastila's CBM turn, but I haven't tried it on and would think it's just more RNG with the natural potency from BSF.
  • Options
    fast GMY for sure.
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    fast GMY for sure.

The irony of this is that if both teams have fast GMY, it simply becomes a battle of which team is faster...which is the entire point to begin with. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    There's a guy in my shard that runs DR/DBastila/HK/GMY/KRU. With the pretaunt zeta on KRU it makes it almost impossible to land anything before you get overwhelmed, and Drain Life does squat because KRU has the same reduced damage from % effects that Malak does. Granted, I have one of the slowest DRevan teams on my shard, but I see him chilling in the top 10 on the regular so it appears to hold up.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I'd shock the [redacted] out of that team. Easy win.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    fast GMY for sure.

The irony of this is that if both teams have fast GMY, it simply becomes a battle of which team is faster...which is the entire point to begin with. :D

If you are running into this, slow your FB down (mod for max damage while your at it) below HK so you get tenacity down first.
  • Options
    @Kiritoismyname Not sure if this is still a problem for you, but players on my shard have started to put GMY in for either HK or Malak if they lose the speed fight. Get your GMY faster than opposing BSF (shouldn't be too hard based on their base speed and if you can't then maybe don't deserve to climb that high). GMY issues tenacity up before enemy BSF goes so CBM doesn't get applied leaving your DR team to shock away. He's pretty useless after that without the offensive buffs and other goodies he gets from his usual squad mates, but it's generally enough to give you a fighting chance and not an auto-loss.

Another theory going around is that a high tenacity build BSF can get a resist on the initial faster Bastila's CBM turn, but I haven't tried it on and would think it's just more RNG with the natural potency from BSF.

Thank you very much for the advice, but since then i've g12ed my entire team except malak and its rngey but can beat every team in my shard quite reliably.(except the annoying marauder teams that one shot my malak!)

Personally wont use the green goblin cause lets be real; the actual full sith empire team is so dam fun to run when it finally clicks, wont want to ruin that!

I've tried bastilla tenacity thingy, can assure it works more than you might think. Atleast against non zeta fbast. ;D