Banners in GA need rework

Starkomat
33 posts Member
edited April 2019
GA with mixed fleets and toons needs a rework in banner rewards.
Why?
Clearing toons rewards with 300 banners, with ships only with 155.
Result today for me: cleared 5 toon teams, cant beat number 6. All 6 of my toon teams were beaten. Ok.
Ships: my defence hold, i win on offence.
The end: i lost by 150 banners because of the different clearing banners of the sectors.

Means ships are pointless in GA cause the better toon player with better meta or galactic power will always win.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i disagree. Squad should reward more banners.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    As we have discussed in another thread, a maxed fleet is over 3x the GP of a maxed squad yet the fleet victory is only worth up to 66 points vs 64 for a squad win.
  • Options
    Why? Any arguments at hand? Make no sense to me.
    Without sector banners it would have been a tie, cause both win 6 battles and loose one. With sector banners the stronger squad player will always win.
    Thats why fleets are pointless in this banner system.
  • Starkomat
    33 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    As we have discussed in another thread, a maxed fleet is over 3x the GP of a maxed squad yet the fleet victory is only worth up to 66 points vs 64 for a squad win.

Or a solution is more points for fleet victory. This would also work.
    Post edited by Starkomat on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

my opinion is still the same. Just because a fleet team has tripple the amount of GP doesn't mean fleet territory should reward 3 times the amount of banners.
  • Options

my opinion is still the same. Just because a fleet team has tripple the amount of GP doesn't mean fleet territory should reward 3 times the amount of banners.
    Whatever your opinion, there is a clear and undeniable mismatch between matchmaking criteria and victory conditions.
  • Options
    No it should reward 2 times the banners it now does or to be correct even less, named 300 points instead of 155. And the max victory points can be the same as for squad win 64. This would be enough for a fair match.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Whatever your opinion, there is a clear and undeniable mismatch between matchmaking criteria and victory conditions.

the banners aren't based on GP (clearly), there's no reason they should. Adjusting matchmaking is fine by me.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

If following your line of thinking:
    Conquering a character zone of 6 teams requires you to defeat approximately twice as much GP as is required to conquer a fleet zone (Each of the 6 character teams have between 1/4 and 1/3 the GP of the fleet). Hence it's perfectly fine that the bonus for conquering the character zone is approximately twice the bonus for conquering the fleet zone.

(Just trying to think along your line of thinking)
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

If following your line of thinking:
    Conquering a character zone of 6 teams requires you to defeat approximately twice as much GP as is required to conquer a fleet zone (Each of the 6 character teams have between 1/4 and 1/3 the GP of the fleet). Hence it's perfectly fine that the bonus for conquering the character zone is approximately twice the bonus for conquering the fleet zone.

(Just trying to think along your line of thinking)
    My squad zone has 5 spots because my GP is lower, however I don't think the flags currently scale with number of squads (my squad zone is worth 270 for conquest) so this math should be correct for your scenario...

Currently:
    Squad
    max GP: 750,000
    max defense flags: 540
    max offense flags: 654
    Fleet
    max GP: 400,000 (53% of squad)
    max defense flags: 100 (18.5% of squad)
    max offense flags: 221 (17% of squad)

In fact the only thing that is even close to the GP ratio is zone conquest at 270:155 or 57.4% of squad.