7* Malak pointless?

Better to save GET than 7" Malak:

1) There are enough viable teams to place Top 3 in Sith raid for goodies

2) Drevan / Malak meta is now beaten by JKA rework -- 5/7* Malak is equally effective / ineffective

3) Devs have already announced a new TB map - so a new toon requiring GET is almost a certainty.

So really why waste resources?

Replies

• Options
    When g13 comes available and you're stuck at g11 because of your star count you might feel differently, but sure. In the short term there might very well be more value in gearing up under geared separatists and Republic forces for use in the new TB.
  • Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Because as more people get 7* malak he will become more powerful? Supports 6* mods etc?

7* malak fully geared with 6e mods can be beaten just as easily with using a drevan/5* malak (faster dastila) OR with jedi / jka.

• Options
    When g13 comes available and you're stuck at g11 because of your star count you might feel differently, but sure. In the short term there might very well be more value in gearing up under geared separatists and Republic forces for use in the new TB.

Exactly, I'm not saying you don't need a 7* malak, but there's no pressing need as of now.

Might as well save GET / resources to see what's next than going all in on malak.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    vinitwins wrote: »
    icanectc wrote: »
    Because as more people get 7* malak he will become more powerful? Supports 6* mods etc?

7* malak fully geared with 6e mods can be beaten just as easily with using a drevan/5* malak (faster dastila) OR with jedi / jka.

I'll confirm this.

A great modded team with a 7 star malak got dropped by one in my arena by a JKR anakin.

Revan Malak is not what we thought. Like the last jedi we always knew that...just took some time to sink in.

Don't kill yourself gearing or leveling up.
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    Options
    I guess there is lot off ppl that dont have Anakin geared, so its just one more cash grab from CG, nothing new there, also why they try to counter Papl lead, trio, SiT, Most ppl have those geared = no cash for CG. Those ppl are just untrustworthy and not worth your money, but as long as ppl dont understand that CG wont change.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    ouqd0u0ls3qo.jpeg
    OP makes a valid point. Here’s one of my friends in arena. That malak is maxed
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Great more jkr meta, sigh
  • Options
    Seltgar wrote: »
    Great more jkr meta, sigh

Hey look on the bright side, glass cannon matches will be a lot faster. Or, add GK to your lineup...
  • Options
    Couldn't Anakin, GK and Ahsoka be used for fallen Anakin, maybe? That's why they reworked him
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • vinitwins
    47 posts Member
    Options
    So the proposed rock paper scissor meta in arena is:
    GR beats Drevan
    Drevan beats JKR
    JKR beats GR

Which once again begs the question, what exactly does a 7* malak offer (over 5*)? Better to hoard GET for future toons...
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    Options
    JKA nerf just announced ...
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    c8j9eucbvwzl.png

When you've hoarded enough GET to get almost 3 characters to 7*, I'm sure you can spare the GET to get Malak to 7*
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Don’t worry your precious toys butt can’t be scratched there nerfing JKA
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    @Huatimus looks like it’s not only GET you’ve been hoarding 😂 106.5K purples. Bro!