As a Malak owner, please leave Anakin alone!

Prev1
RAYRAY
2761 posts Member
I have been saying that although the ham fisted, knee **** reaction to Palp by changing Malak was a really bad decision, that CG has a plan! The plan was to release a simple rework of a character that was completely deserving of a spot in the meta from a faction that we are going to start using more (with more CW content coming). We get a fun character that is awesome to use on offense with JKR, Yoda's and bastila and CAN win from time to time vs. DR/Malak all things being equal (Mods). That same team gets destroyed on defense by the DR/Malak team which is meant to be the meta. this is a good thing. I really like arena, I don't know of anyone who has more arena wins than I do (9,011). I am only saying that to illustrate how much time I have spent in arena. I love running counter teams, I love running meta teams, etc. I tend to get engaged, buy refreshes to try new teams, etc. when we have teams that can win vs. the meta.

Buff Malak to remove Palp form the meta so that you can make room for a different counter (Anakin) looks an awful lot like you have a plan. But now I am seeing rumors and in some cases, people advocating for a nerf to Anakin and I am not so sure CG does have a plan anymore. Let DR/Malak be strong, they are and even with Anakin they remain an amazingly strong team that will never lose on offense vs. that JKR/JKA team and may lose 50-75% of the time on defense if mods are equal. This is good for the game! Usher in the CW content with a blast of glass cannon power from THE CHOSEN ONE. Really, It makes you look like you know what you're doing. Going back on that now would be a colossal disaster in a line of other colossal disasters. #LeaveAnakinAlone
☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

Replies

• Options
    As a Malak owner, please change it.

See?
    Noone cares about your or my opinion.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

See?

Why are you on the forums if you don't care to see other's opinions nor think anyone cares to see yours? Do you really believe that Anakin should be nerfed? If so, why? At least I gave a reason.
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »

See?

Why are you on the forums if you don't care to see other's opinions nor think anyone cares to see yours? Do you really believe that Anakin should be nerfed? If so, why? At least I gave a reason.

Too strong. Enough for you?
    How are 60k+ aoe attacks balanced?

He was doing that before the rework tho, and so so many other toons. How's that unbalanced?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

See?

Because they are easily preventable. Just kill Anakin first. I have a 4.6M GP, have DR/Malak and the entire team maxed out. I don't see how people see this as a bad thing.

• Options
    Definitely agree that the nerf to EP was harsh and uncalled for. We definitely need an option to fight Devan/Malak that isn't just a mirror team with faster mods, so i say leave JKA alone.

Just seems like CG is a hot mess and instead of testing new toons/reworks properly they just swing the nerf hammer wildly until the new paywall toon is unbeatable.
    It's not health for the game too have 1 team that's only beatable with the same team with faster speed mods.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

See?

BSF's shock special can do the same AoE dmg in certain situations, HK can hit for close to 200k and many more examples of such crazy numbers.
    The problem was, is and always will be (I fear): JKR
    They sholud finally swing the nerf hammer on him, they can't even introduce new powerful jedi because JKR might go through the roof again (same problem as with HK's leadership: they're limiting themselves here).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

See?

BSF's shock special can do the same AoE dmg in certain situations, HK can hit for close to 200k and many more examples of such crazy numbers.
    The problem was, is and always will be (I fear): JKR
    They sholud finally swing the nerf hammer on him, they can't even introduce new powerful jedi because JKR might go through the roof again (same problem as with HK's leadership: they're limiting themselves here).

I agree with the fact that JKR is just too strong. And that is problematic. That said, for now. it is good that he is this strong and needs to be because otherwise there would be ZERO counters to DR/Malak. That is the same situation we had with JKR and its horrible for the game. They would need to bring up someone else (MACE) as a GR leader if they are going to nerf JKR.
  • Options

See?

I come to the forum to read the news, and the theorycrafting of other players, and occasionally to help out a new player, if i can.
    NOT to post/read wish lists.

Anakin should be nerfed, because he's stronger than Malak.
    No ftp character should ever be stronger than a very expensive super legendary. Very simple business model - you pay to get a little advantage.
    It doesnt have to be a huge advantage, but you should definitely not have a disadvantage if youre paying.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    They never touched EP...the made a change to Malak.

They should make another change to malak. Or not. It will be fun reading either way.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

See?

I come to the forum to read the news, and the theorycrafting of other players, and occasionally to help out a new player, if i can.

No ftp character should ever be stronger than a very expensive super legendary. Very simple business model - you pay to get a little advantage.
    It doesnt have to be a huge advantage, but you should definitely not have a disadvantage if youre paying.

Malak is still much better than Anakin. Anakin does do a lot of damage but I have Malak, how is he "super expensive"? I got malak AND geared him to g11 for less than a normal Marquee. I welcome a counter to Malak. He is easily beaten on defense so it allows for another team to battle instead of my DR/Malak team... or a team to switch to when I get bored.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options

See?

Funny thing about humans, most are selfish and their opinions depend on which side of the track your on.

I'd love to see your opinion in the future when you dont have the meta on your side
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    Here's an idea: All the whales and krakens can start a new game:

Start a Discord, and upload screenshots of your bank account balances, credit-scores and limits, and 1099s or W2s.

Then, brag about who would have the ability to p2w the most based on your ability to spendspendspend!

Meanwhile, for those who want to play a game where there is a chance that you will lose if someone else plays better or is just a little luckier, there'll be games like SWGOH.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    DocDoom wrote: »
    Here's an idea: All the whales and krakens can start a new game:

Start a Discord, and upload screenshots of your bank account balances, credit-scores and limits, and 1099s or W2s.

Then, brag about who would have the ability to p2w the most based on your ability to spendspendspend!

Meanwhile, for those who want to play a game where there is a chance that you will lose if someone else plays better or is just a little luckier, there'll be games like SWGOH.

There would be no swgoh then.
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e8OLTi7nmKE&feature=youtu.be

Get out of here with this trash. Anakin needs a change. Zombie lead and still beating DR/Malak :P
  • Options
    Arena is starting to feel like the sith raid. Oh you found something that will work. Well let’s nerf it. Then they rework or release a new toon. Oh that wins too. Don’t worry. We will nerf it. This is getting beyond ridiculous. It’s not much of a game if they keep changing the rules.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Get out of here with this trash. Anakin needs a change. Zombie lead and still beating DR/Malak :P

So much RNG needed to win that battle. The problem is not anakin in that video.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options

The problem is cg has gotten to cute with their kits and programming. They made drevan to specifically go after the enemy leader, so someone figured out that putting zombie as lead neuters drevan. They have no one to blame but themselves.
  • Options

See?

There has NEVER been a new expensive toon released that was unbeatable by an older toon in this game though. In fact most counter teams are consisted of these very same toons every time. Whales need to learn and understand that NO AMOUNT OF MONEY IN THE WORLD will make you unbeatable in this game. And for good reason. I learned this quickly before I even hit the $5k mark. It's not that difficult to understand really. Money buys time and that's about it.

NEVER? Does Jkr ring a bell? You know, the one that was completely dominating all the top 50,later all the top200, for about 6 months.
    And Malak costed more than jkr.

Also, i wrote 3 separate sentences stating exactly that p2p should not be unbeatable, but get an advantage. Malak does not have an advantage over Anakin. Sure, Malak's annoying and sturdy, but Id happily change his kit tk be able to aoe damage 100k+. (in addition to the various other synergies and debuffs)
  • Options
    Agreed RayRay. People complain about a lack of diversity in the meta. But then when alternate squads pop up that can create that diversity and beat the top team, people want to nerf them to the ground. We can’t have it both ways!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    OP probably has slow mods, that's why he wants a reliable counter.
    calm down, it's a joke
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    FOE can do over 100k of damage multiple times in a row. Is HE too powerful? Would you nerf a character just because if they’re powerful and you’re on the receiving end, you don’t like/want them?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    OP probably has slow mods, that's why he wants a reliable counter.
    calm down, it's a joke

I know it's a joke but I can only get +151 on my Dark Bastila. Its not slow but it isn't the fastest my shard. I have found though with Malak, Total team speed does matter. I have depth in my team speed but my fastest isn't faster than most of the top fastest sets on my shard. That said, I do have good success vs. the other DR/Malak teams because of that and even with those same mods on the JTR/JKA team I have more success with my DR/Malak team. I just want the option to run something else that has a chance (not a guarentee) in beating the other DR/Malak teams. Side note, I stayed in 2nd most of the day yesterday with DR/Malak. I put in JTR/JKA and went from 3-10 in 1 hour. It's **** on defense. #LeaveAnakinAlone!
  • Options
    1. Change the AI on the Darth Malak team to always attack/kill JKA first.
    2. Limit JKA’s syenergy to just Galactic Republic or Jedi. Problem solved?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

OR...1. they should change JKR to focus Bastila Fallen on Defense every time with Mark and
    2. LEAVE ANAKIN ALONE

That way even those of us with DR/Malak can have a little fun in our battles on offense.
  • Options

OR...1. they should change JKR to focus Bastila Fallen on Defense every time with Mark and
    2. LEAVE ANAKIN ALONE

That way even those of us with DR/Malak can have a little fun in our battles on offense.

Anakin’s my favorite SW character so I’m onboard. #LeaveAnakinAlone #TheChosenOne