Does charatcter position matter?

Apart from leader, does the placement of the other 4 characters matter?

Replies

• Options
    No
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    In GW I've found changing the position of some of the toon's will impact who the AI attacks first. That's about it though.
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Yes and no. It does affects which chars AI attacks based on the RNG seed. So yes only in GW where you can retreat and try again but no in arena cause you can't 'figure' out what's the RNG seed like cause you only have 1 try
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Zxcas wrote: »
    Yes and no. It does affects which chars AI attacks based on the RNG seed. So yes only in GW where you can retreat and try again but no in arena cause you can't 'figure' out what's the RNG seed like cause you only have 1 try

Yes! ;) or at least it looks like..
    It happened to me in four distinct occasions to battle the same player with same team comp in arena three times in a row: I was being defeated on offence since my team was heavily depending on Poe being able to proc and suffering no/little stuns. And RNG behaved exactly like in GW..
    First two occasions I fought the first two battles without switching characters slot, just to see the same exact cycle, and then, on third attempt, I tried just to shuffle toons positions.. And I could foresee what my opponent where going to do like in GW, being then able to prevent/counter the seed and achieving victory. Third and fourth occasion I just did it for testing purpose, with same results.
    Res non verba
  • Options
    Yes in arena and GW when talking about assists attacks.
    The character slot that makes an assists from qgj attack is constant.
    So if you have FOTP but say lumi did the assists, just swap slots between them.
    FOTP will then make the assists.
  • Options
    I cannot see Yoda's health/stats well if he is behind people... so that.
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Bora wrote: »
    No
    Zxcas wrote: »

Yes! ;) or at least it looks like..
    It happened to me in four distinct occasions to battle the same player with same team comp in arena three times in a row: I was being defeated on offence since my team was heavily depending on Poe being able to proc and suffering no/little stuns. And RNG behaved exactly like in GW..
    First two occasions I fought the first two battles without switching characters slot, just to see the same exact cycle, and then, on third attempt, I tried just to shuffle toons positions.. And I could foresee what my opponent where going to do like in GW, being then able to prevent/counter the seed and achieving victory. Third and fourth occasion I just did it for testing purpose, with same results.

Interesting. That is when their ranks and your ranks didn't change in arena? And your 3 times is without refreshes?
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    3 times without refreshes, no rank changed (until 3rd fight, which I won) sorry I forgot to mention it.
    Res non verba
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Bora wrote: »
    3 times without refreshes, no rank changed (until 3rd fight, which I won) sorry I forgot to mention it.

Good to know! Thanks for the info!