No surprise here. Another Friday announcement

Prev1
TOYODAcamry
51 posts Member
edited April 2019
They did it again, this is yet another "oops, we made another mistake" announcement. A Friday classic.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201929/i-assure-you-lord-vader#latest

The refund, of course, covers only sith assassin. As if no one would gear other sith empire characters after the initial DRevan announcement.

Replies

• Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Options
    What does outperforming Darth Malak mean? Malak is a tank who is only good for his 100% max health damage gimmick, which 100s of other characters outperform. He doesn't hit hard at all. Is the damage Anakin's dealing the issue or by outperforming Malak, they mean beating Darth Revan led teams with Darth Malak

General Kenobi outperforms Malak as a tank imo when it comes to taunting. Does this mean he should be nerfed for being a better tank?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    What does outperforming Darth Malak mean? Malak is a tank who is only good for his 100% max health damage gimmick, which 100s of other characters outperform. He doesn't hit hard at all. Is the damage Anakin's dealing the issue or by outperforming Malak, they mean beating Darth Revan led teams with Darth Malak

General Kenobi outperforms Malak as a tank imo when it comes to taunting. Does this mean he should be nerfed for being a better tank?

Anakin is NOT outperforming Malak. Just because he can beat him on offense, doesn’t mean he is better. Those JKR Anakin teams are awful on defense. Target Anakin first and he’s pretty worthless. He’s only good due to poor AI.
  • Options
    Who cares if the announcement is on a Friday? Most people have more time to play and get up to speed with what's going on with the game on the weekends....the Game Changers are around and making videos on weekends. It's not like everyone just ignores the game until Monday morning and they'll miss what is going on, lol.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Options

Anakin is NOT outperforming Malak. Just because he can beat him on offense, doesn’t mean he is better. Those JKR Anakin teams are awful on defense. Target Anakin first and he’s pretty worthless. He’s only good due to poor AI.
    As someone testing JKA in arena for TW / Grand Arena, I agree. Its not as reliable as some people are blowing it out to be. Yes, it does massive damage, but people aren't showing the parts where the team fails and aren't vocal enough about it

EDIT: My point was that the word "outperforming" feels very vague, and we could use a lot more clarification on what they mean by that
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    It means the 4/10 post by Carrie about "variety" and "balance" in arena was meaningless and untrue. It also means CG is a bigger joke than even I thought.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    First time in months funny F2P character and ofc they want nerf it after rework..... omg whales have Anakin too and he is good only for offence so pls DONT NERF HIM...
  • Options
    This game is turning into a joke, fast.
  • Options
    @CG_Erik have you considered the problem may be JKR? Especially his Jedi tag. It seems GR Jedi may be getting more touch ups are we going to go through this every time?

Jedi Luke ? Jedi Rey - if that’s a thing.
  • Options
    CG cannot handle releasing characters at this rate. They should simply slow down ans do more test. The rest of the game is good
  • Options

They need you more than ever Bulldog! You just need to tell them who to test. Lol
  • Options
    If they are just gonna take away the counters we find, how about they just tell us what teams to use so we can stop trying and getting punished for finding unexpected ways to beat the new over priced toy?
  • Options

They need you more than ever Bulldog! You just need to tell them who to test. Lol

I haven’t sent them my monthly email trying to get access to the test server yet 😂. I’m sure it will get thrown in the trash anyways.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It means the 4/10 post by Carrie about "variety" and "balance" in arena was meaningless and untrue. It also means CG is a bigger joke than even I thought.

I wouldn’t be that extreme but it does seem to directly contradict that post. This is feeling more and more like Marvel Heroes on the way down.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can we get Darth Nihilus nerfed since he outperforms Malak with that instant kill button :joy:
  • Options
    Here’s the thing though, that gear that was spent on assassin and DR (to form their new perceived meta) before Malak dropped, ...
    ..would have made achieving Malak possible for some. At least for me. I’m sure others.

I guess something is better than nothing, though it doesn’t change the sting, of wasting the gear at the wrong time.
    I mean now, at least there are 5 full g12 SE.
    but still that gear could have made Malak possible and that stings.
    @CG_Erik

• Options
    I wonder how long this can happen, and "others" just shrug. Popcorn on standby.
  • Options
    JKR, Mob Enforcer, CUP, Ugnaught, Tuskin Shaman the next team to outperform Malak needing nerfed. Tuskin Shaman our performs Malak in healing. Ugnaught outperforms Malak in stunning droids. Mob Enforcer outperforms Malak in thermal detonators. And CUP outperforms every single character in Non-Lethal attacks.

Nerfs inc...
  • Options
    What I understand is that devs testings hours works like microtransactions you take much from few instead the opposite,no meaning in upgrading after a rework or pay to have the advantage and btw the reworks was great but maybe to early.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Kithryn wrote: »
    If they are just gonna take away the counters we find, how about they just tell us what teams to use so we can stop trying and getting punished for finding unexpected ways to beat the new over priced toy?

And if we do find a way, keep it a secret and make sure to never leave it up on defence for even a minute or it will be changed and all our gear made pointless once again.
  • Options

I haven’t sent them my monthly email trying to get access to the test server yet 😂. I’m sure it will get thrown in the trash anyways.

I’ll start sending them for you
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    What ever kraken that is giving CG advice is a whiny troll and destroying the game by having it catered to them alone and their testing abilities are subpar at best.
  • Options
    So remember when someone said that they will eventually nerf all characters and malaks kit will eventually say “cannot be beat”. It appears that’s actually going to happen. What a terrible terrible decision. Anakin SHOULD be powerful, if you don’t know this, then apparently you aren’t familiar with the Star Wars history.
  • Options
    Thank you for another weekend of fun reading CG.
  • Options
    The best part is, 6 or so months down the line malak is probably gonna get nerfed as the masses will obtain him and probably some new op game breaking garbage will need to be adhered to
  • Options
    Anyone think they will match the Sith assassin gear refunds to her ships gear level? Perhaps I can get her ship to gear 14 or something if they screw it up.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Funny how they cry about a limited time to test.
    Wouldn’t you have thought testing anakin (a Jedi) in the current best Jedi meta against current meta teams, would have been the most obvious tests?
    Does this constitute some hidden “theory crafting” they don’t have time for?

It’s like the zpalp situation. Let’s make DR teams boost up on debuffs. Did they not see the obvious?
  • Kailen
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Whoa whoa whoa. The refund ONLY applies if you actually HAVE Darth Revan? So anyone who's geared their existing Assassins to prepar for getting Darth Revan NEXT time out are screwed?

Bad move.
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Anyone think they will match the Sith assassin gear refunds to her ships gear level? Perhaps I can get her ship to gear 14 or something if they screw it up.

This is a legit question. If you used Ship Omegas on the Sith Fighter, and then Sith Assassin gets rolled back a few gear levels, are those going to be refunded and the ship reverted as well? Or are ship abilities going to stay the same even with the undergeared pilot?!

This one probably needs to get passed on to the devs for an answer - @Kyno
This discussion has been closed.