Just Stop

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I feel like I can’t even invest in a toon anymore due to the lack of confidence I have in CG at the moment. Hopefully you can make it right and change my opinion.

This - exactly.

So I did a post a while back praising CG about how arena was balanced for once - then they introduce the nerf to zzEP and all hell breaks loose so can we maybe break this down - blow by bow to understand why your player base is kinda upset with you right now?

1. Darth Revan gets leaked so people spend money on OR.

CG_Carrie talks about “too many people having DR” - but thats kinda your fault right?

You leak the character and then make him easily accessible and then complain about it.

So you leak a toon - made money from it - and then complain about it and use that as a platform to release another toon (Malak) causing your player base to play catchup in under a month. How is that respecting the investment that people made into Darth Revan?

2. You allowed zzEP to run for weeks before nerfing it AFTER Malak event.

I mean why was that necessary? People again spent money on getting ideal zzEP lineup up and running - SiT/SA etc....you send your player base down a rabbit hole then do a complete 180 a few weeks later - how is that fair?

Also, some people that MIGHT have geared OR for MALAK didn’t b/c apart from the die hard lore crowd MALAK appeared to be an incremental increase over zzEP - I mean we make decisions based on YOUR decisions and representations and more importantly we SPEND OUR HARD EARNED MONEY relying on CG to demonstrate a base level of honesty and respect to your player base and respect the investment we put into our rosters and expect YOU to stand by your representations.

Knee **** reactions to “nerf” toons - poorly thought out character interactions COST US MONEY.

3. And now you release changes to Annakin which have no doubt caused some to pile more $$$ into Annakin only to now brace for a possible nerf b/c your “intention is that Jedi Knight Annakin should not out perform Malak”...

I mean seriously - get your act together...

And no I am not “dev bashing” - it is however a blow by blow chronology (from a players perspective) of what has been a train wreck of poor communication, knee **** reactions and poorly thought out character interactions which...well...costs me money.

Absolutely livid.
  • Options
    I feel like I can’t even invest in a toon anymore due to the lack of confidence I have in CG at the moment.

Or just don't spend hundreds of dollars buying gear for a new or reworked character 1-2 days after they drop because, if there's a game-breaking issue with a character, it's most likely going to be discovered in the first 48 hours. It's not like you can do that much farming in 1-2 days so the "investing" that people did in Anakin was with cash....not smart to dump a bunch of cash on something brand-new that might end up getting nerfed.

Ever heard of planning ahead? I don’t spend hundreds of dollars to gear every new or reworked toon that gets released. I hoard everything until I see something that I want to use it on. It’s pretty easy when my guild can perform well to earn resources, in events. Your logic is one sided if you think people don’t plan ahead of time.
  • Options
    So who knows what and how they test yhe toons/content? they could be testing with no mods to feel the base kit or with speed primary mods so no going all offense aka why jka is destroying dr/malak teams? For zzemp i knew it wasn't going to stay due to why would they allow a new meta team be hard countered out if the gate look at jkr no hard counter till dr.

If they dont try to dr/malak at top i can see them loosing trust/faith in making investments worthwhile and dolphins whales and krakens stop spending cause the game to fail fast and/or all the prices for everything goes up and we get more rushed paywall exclusive toons for the purpose of trying to recover the lost profit. But if they mske it to broken and jkr csnt beat it even as a soft counter at times they loose a bunch of ftp causing no profit loss issues but the lack of the number of overall players which can cause the game to go down also. So in a way its a loose/loose for them especially if they cant get it right everytime.

Personally i think they need to undo the sith enemies cant gain bonus tm part of malak but insteadgive malak a pretaunt with synergy with ferocity reducing the negative defense to -5 to -7% instead of the -15% per stack so they dont have 0 defenses but still csn give -50 to -70% defense at 10 stacks vice the -150% to allow them not to be as squishy to jkas aoe but still usable and maybe give Sith empire allies immunity to shock and dots to reduce emp effectiveness by a decent amount but still allows tm from ferocity and other debuffs to trigger the tm train but stops the shock spam and the instant tm gain from vader to ramp it up to start.
  • Options
    In the past it seems like they always gave the ftp community SOMETHING that they could climb with. Maybe it wouldn’t hold on defense but at least they could climb and get their crystal income. Even with JKR they released Bastila fallen shortly thereafter which allowed people to climb with Traya if they modded the squad properly.
    It seems like they are trying to make DR airtight. No counters.

I have all the shiny new toys but this still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. On top of having no reliable counters they have basically turned this meta into a speed race. If you have been unlucky with speed mods and can’t put 150+ speed on DR and Bastilla fallen its difficult to win reliably too.

Remember when they said they wanted to put less of an emphasis on speed in order to make other mod sets more useful? I feel like they accomplished that for awhile. You could reliably win in the JKR and Traya metas even if you were slower. This meta feels very speed based.