Drop Rates on Shards and Gear

Hello All

Without getting into an all out cry fest, did anyone else have an absolutely punishing weekend on the shard and gear drop rates?

I get that this is a farming game and that drop rates are designed to make the user spend money on refreshes. But this weekend was brutal. I don't think I experienced higher than a 15% percent drop rate on anything I was farming.

I remember reading an article on the forums about drops rates being a complete RNG and that you'll experience swings both ways. I'm going to really start looking for those positive swings because I can't seem to remember one.

Maybe I'm just driving the wahhhhhh-bulance? Hope so cause my weekend was shift with the drops.

Happy Monday!

Love,

Ragin.

Replies

• slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Mine was average
  • Options
    There are good days and bad days....
  • Options
    ... random it is.
  • boy2sok
    95 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This weekend up to today... cringeworthy for me. 2 purple cuff out of 40 sims. Bad luck? Sure ill take it. And i know devs are having a good laugh reading these things coz they want us to spend real money by frustrating the heck out of us. :disappointed:
    Post edited by WillowStar on
  • AlexHermanssonGr
    155 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It was completely horrible for me too: 5/33 Rey shards, 2/18 anakin shards and 6/36 (I think) dooku shards. Also I got 1 freaking yoda eyeball from 3 refreshes yesterday, mind blown by that rng.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Shard drop rate was way down for me, but gear drops were average and purple ability upgrades were up a bit. Sometimes it seems like the game just knows what you have your heart set on and decides, "haha, nope!"
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Anakin shards were above average for me, 15/36. Dooku farming was pretty bad at just 15/60 cantina attempts. Purple handcuffs were likewise bad with about 10/100 attempts.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nope - fairly normal when I looked at the totals. I had a rough day yesterday, but Saturday made up for it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I came to the forums to see about this very thing. Here's what I noted this weekend/morning for the worst drop rate drought I've ever seen:

GS shards: 4/48
    Rey shards: 2/18
    Purple frisbees: 0/7
    Purple hairdryers: 0/9

Between that and the state of endgame content, I'm wondering if it's time to hang it up. Something's gotta give cuz the fun/reward factor has diminished nearly to nothing.
  • Options
    nokoryous wrote: »
    I came to the forums to see about this very thing. Here's what I noted this weekend/morning for the worst drop rate drought I've ever seen:

GS shards: 4/48
    Rey shards: 2/18
    Purple frisbees: 0/7
    Purple hairdryers: 0/9

Between that and the state of endgame content, I'm wondering if it's time to hang it up. Something's gotta give cuz the fun/reward factor has diminished nearly to nothing.

Ridiculous!! Experienced similar poor drop rates. Getting to the point of no return.
  • Options
    today farming blue laptop for QGJ - 3 energy refreshes and only got 3 laptops out of 20 needed!!!!

3 laptops / 60 battles = 5% drop rate + 100% pissssed off
  • Options
    My total shard drop rates have been about 33%. I've had some days where a particular character went 0/6 or 1/6. Went 3/6 on Rey today.

I don't keep track of the horrible purple drop rates.
  • Options
    I'm currently recording the drop rates on shards and gear being farmed by around 15 players for the month of March.
  • Options
    I suspect different drop rates for different gear / shards - but I have no real evidence and have not written down anything to really prove this.

Nevertheless I found it quite easy to farm purple "MK3-Holoprojector" (farmed it 60 times or so, using all free energy per day and 1 crystal refresh, and got around 20 per day) - but farming the purple "MK4 Keypad" is a pain in the *** for me. When I use the same amount of energy I am lucky when I get 10 per day (I know one also gets them from a challenge, but I wanted to speed certain things up a little bit ;-) )

Calculating the energy used: 10 energy per hour for 24 hours, 3 times 45 energy within 24 hours and one refresh: 120 energy, results in 495 => 60 attemps (each 8 Energy)

So regarding the MK3-Holoprojector I got around 60 items out of ~180 attempts over 3 days
    Regarding the MK4-Keypad I only got around 20 items out of ~120 attempts over 2 days

I am still farmig the MK4-Keypads and today it does not look any better up to now: ~35 attempts up to now and got only 4 pieces of gear... so it's even worse...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Generally (and those with more knowledge like Qeltar, cosmicturtle, Telaan, etc. please correct me where I am wrong) it has been shown by quite a bit of actual data that drop rates are:

Shards - 33%
    Purple Gear - 20%
    Tier III ability mats drop rates increase at higher Cantina node levels (sop you're drop is higher on the 12 Cantina energy missions than the 10...which, in turn are better mat rates than the 8). Shard rates are constant though.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    It's time for a rage post....200 energy...0 purple hand cuffs.

FOOK OFF.

/end
  • Options
    Lol pretty freaking obvious they stealth nerfed gear drop rates to induce people to buy shipments.
    Just stop spending. I did. Happy days
  • Options
    Stop. Necroing. Threads.
  • Options
    More terrible programming from EA!
  • Options
    Idle curiosity. What's necroing threads?
  • Options

Commenting on a thread that has had no action in weeks/months.

Things have generally changed since old threads were created, therefore the information in them is out of date and/or not reliable or relevant.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    boy2sok wrote: »
    This weekend up to today... cringeworthy for me. 2 purple cuff out of 40 sims. Bad luck? Sure ill take it. And i know devs are having a good laugh reading these things coz they want us to spend real money by frustrating the **** out of us. :disappointed:

On the other end of the spectrum, I've been getting ~8 a day for the past week. Barring something crazy, I should be able to finish the Cuffs tomorrow.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Bjorne_Fellhanded
    306 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ahhhh. Makes sense. I have a tendency to read all the posts on page 1 of the forums and assume they're active/pertinent. Seeing as they're on the front page and all. But thank you for clarifying. In this case, confirmation bias confirmed
  • Options

I wish I knew. So I don't do it and make someone mad
  • Options
    Seems logical to me. I started with a whine...and I wanted to whine again so I did it on the same thread....

The numbers haven't changed cause there weren't any in the first place.

Happy Saturday!

Love

Ragin.

• CapnnRex
    184 posts Member
    Options
    Oh I agree with you. Drop rates are horrible. The "hard" battles are not even worth it. Never get shards so why waste the energy on them. I have bee. Working on MK 2 for Talia for over a week. It is honestly and not kidding about 10-12 fight per drop. It is ridiculous
  • Options
    EA knows what you want and they don't give you