Crowd source new character testing

@CG_Erik You said upon a new character release the amount of hours put in by players overcame the amount of hours put in by CG very quickly. Why not use a sort of beta testing to work out issues with new toons and reworks? Set up a pool of players who have been playing swgoh for a long time and have a deep knowledge of current characters and let them into whatever server you use for CG testing employees. Maybe offer crystals as compensation? It seems like you guys need help in this area and I'd be surprised if you couldn't find people willing to participate. It could help find issues, relieve pressure on y'all and encourage brand loyalty for those participating and for all those who are disgruntled with how things are going.

Replies

• Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    I'd happily volunteer, and likely find several weird bugs and random interactions quickly. I do it every new release and rework anyway to give my guild the upper hand for awhile.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    I thought this is what the game changer program was supposed to help with.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    CG_Erik wrote:
    The reality is, as we had the opportunity to discuss with many of you at Celebration, that within the first hour of a character going live the community has eclipsed the total number of hours that we’ve been able to test - and many times over.
    None of this is an excuse, it’s our job, and we will continue to work as hard as possible to ensure we minimize these issues as much as possible. There are a number of changes we’re considering making to the testing process - see: Carrie’s recent overtures about our intention to potentially expand our balancing process to something akin to a Public Test Server that you see in complicated games like MMOs.

@IgorconQueso Yes - Erik said this exact thing. Emphasis mine.
  • Options
    There are many bugs and they dont fix them. Be sure Beta tester only work to keep whales happy, not for bug fixing.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    five2zero wrote: »
    There are many bugs and they dont fix them. Be sure Beta tester only work to keep whales happy, not for bug fixing.

FIXES
    CHARACTER - Fixed a bug where Bastila Shan (Fallen) would prioritize Wild Lightning over Fear
    CHARACTER - Fixed an issue where HK-47's unique "Loyalty to the Maker" was not properly expiring on death
    CHARACTER - Updated HK-47's ability description to include +30% Critical Avoidance for each Jedi enemy at the start of an encounter
    EVENT - Fixed an issue where Rebel Spy's first special in the Rebel Roundup Assault battle was calling the wrong animation
    TERRITORY WARS - Fixed a bug where the Territory War ability Unstable Batteries had an incorrect description.
    FIXES
    UNIT - Bastila Shan (Fallen) will now use her ability "Wild Lighting" during auto or on defense.
    UNIT - Fixed a bug where Savage Opress' "Brute" could sometimes grant Offense Up and Defense Up for an incorrect duration at lower ability levels.
    UNIT - Fixed a bug where Savage Opress' "Brute" would only boost Attack Damage with Offense Up.
    UNIT - Fixed an issue that caused First Order Officer to ignore damage immunity with his "Pinning Shot".
    UNIT - Fixed an issue where B1 Battle Droid's basic attack could recover negative Protection if the allied leader was Darth Nihilus.
    UNIT - General Grievous will now display the proper icon for Baleful Laugh in battle and in the details tab of both Normal and Heroic tiers.
    UNIT - Grand Master Yoda will no longer copy PvE unit buffs in the Grand Admiral Thrawn mythic event.
    UNIT - Jedi will now receive their 50% offense bonus if Aayla Secura had called them to assist from her Basic ability "Inspiring Strike".
    UNIT - L3-37 will now gain Prepared in the scenario where she was damaged by an ally such as General Grievous' "Metalloid Monstrosity" or Emperor Palpatine's "Let the Hate Flow", regardless if she was or wasn't damaged by an enemy since her last turn.
    UNIT - L3-37's "For the Droids" no longer blocks Darth Vader's "Inspire Through Fear" from reapplying.
    UNIT - Buffs granted from Old Daka’s "Serve Again" now correctly expire on death.
    UNIT - Royal Guard's Taunt mechanic from "Unyielding Defender" will now expire correctly to be in line with similar Taunt mechanics such as General Kenobi's "Soresu" or Baze Malbus' "For Jedha".
    UNIT - Scarif Rebel Pathfinder will now properly benefit from Daka's Unique "Serve Again" when revived.
    UNIT - Fixed a bug where Han's Millennium Falcon was not counting the force taunt from Geonosian Spy's Starfighter as a debuff.
    RAID - The AAT tank in Tank Takedown Phase 4 will no longer get stuck in topple mode when the main turret is defeated by Plague and simultaneously fires its main cannon.

You're right, they never fix bugs.
  • Options
    lol
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds great let
    Me in