Guild leaders/officers and even members - what do you do to increase morale within your guild?

2Next

Replies

• Gannon
    1632 posts Member
    Options
    Our guild leader offers hand jobs. No one accepts, but he keeps offering. @Gannon

Any openings ?

Might want to ask who's hand first. Just a thought.

9b2gs5zdj8u3.png
    Don't worry about it darius, cuz I'm a mile high and in the scariest! 😜
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    Our guild leader offers hand jobs. No one accepts, but he keeps offering. @Gannon

Any openings ?

Might want to ask who's hand first. Just a thought.

9b2gs5zdj8u3.png
    Don't worry about it darius, cuz I'm a mile high and in the scariest! 😜

Ha! I’m happy where I am but if I’m ever lonely I’ll give y’all a ring lol
  • Options
    The environment in guild chat is everything. If everyone treats it like a friend hangout, the guild is a good place. We've had a few whiners and complainers. We haven't had the guts to boot them (probably should have), but we did constantly dismiss their complaints until they got sick of it and left.

We are a casual guild where 90% of the HSTR damage is done by the top 10 and there are 20 folks or so who do nothing. But as long as they get their raid tickets and a decent amount of TB points, it's fine. The folks who put in more work get more rewards in raids. In TW the low activity folks either sit out or place more defense.
  • Options
    The guild has tools to consistently win (regardless of some losses). That’s what increases morale. If your guild is not viable they will leave. It’s as simple as that.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    We recently implemented Player of the Month. Awarded to those that stepped up their game enough for the officers to notice. Then for two days the officers fill POMs gear requests.
    As a couple have pointed out, having an officer chat and an absence chat is a real boon. We use discord and have made several chat rooms for TB, TW, GA, Fleet, squad, offtopic and so on.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    It may sound stupid but the best thing for my guild was to remember that this is a game. People have real life issues, going from trivial to life threatening at times, and while this game brings people together the community that people can form is what keeps it strong. My guild members actually saved my life in the past, both my current guild and the previous one. I now have friends all over the world that helped me through a very dark place in my life.

By treating this as a real community that plays a game instead of just a game we happen to play makes for stronger connections to each player and true friendships to be formed. While some have left the guild and even the game, they still have a place on our guilds discord and the community it has grown into. The best way to keep people together and moral up is to remember that we are all people and instead of berating someone for missing a target, be it raid coins or TW/TB totals, ask them what happened and see if you can help them.
  • Options
    We recently implemented Player of the Month. Awarded to those that stepped up their game enough for the officers to notice. Then for two days the officers fill POMs gear requests.
    As a couple have pointed out, having an officer chat and an absence chat is a real boon. We use discord and have made several chat rooms for TB, TW, GA, Fleet, squad, offtopic and so on.

I like the POM idea that's neat.

We've a good group of people in our guild, we have Discord. although for some reason it's never really been utilised. We have an officers WhatsApp group which has been amazing. There's a core of players that are actually becoming really good friends as a result which, given how widespread we all are it's great. We have guys from Australia, USA, UK even Switzerland. So diverse yet it really works for us.

One thing we did before we were able to sim Rancor was set a 200k limit for those who had 7* Han. This allowed those lesser players the opportunity to get more Han shards. As a way to make this more fun for the guys we limited, we started a game whereby if anyone was able to get bang on 200k they would receive ultimate bragging rights and an 8* JarJar. Unfortunately it never happened, one guy hit 200,001 which has gone down as the guild record.

That leads me to the next thing, we've started a hall of fame.

One guys TW First Order defence stood for 20 battles which suffice it to say ensured victory for us so that went in the hall of fame, things like that. All in all we have a great rapport and the guild is only getting stronger, keeping it light hearted and civil is absolutely the best way to keep everyone pulling in the same direction. We give little nudges to people to farm certain things to help the guild move forward but we don't put pressure on and that's the key. Keep it fun.

• Gannon
    1632 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    It’s been very very hard over the past few months with what has been happening to the game. Farming only 5 nodes instead of 8 was a horrible move and made our farm times even longer. This has been the worst decision made in a long time

I do agree there, I've seen a drop in activity in my guild and chats after that. I'm hoping it will pick up again soon tho. Till then, we're just cracking jokes about @disbeliever to keep conversations going 😂
  • Options
    start a #kickCarth channel and let them take it out on me. I can take it and it keeps People happy.

No, I’m not kidding...

I blame @Carth_Onassi1973 it’s all his fault :joy:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    In 'We might be giants' which just happens to be SWGOH's top ranked guild, we recruit the best people. That helps with morale.
  • Options
    Anyone with a happiness index lower than 3.0 is summarily booted.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    We have discussions on discord. Memes.

But we are a chill guild to begin with.

Eventually we will get to traya, but its a journey. Intense guilds cause burnout in my book