Malak's "Exclusive" Value...

2Next

Replies

• Options
    How does Malak cost $500? Or anything for that matter.

Some people were more prepared than others and it may have cost $500 If you weren't prepared at all but for some it was just a small gear allocation to get the 10 characters to 17.5K GP

And More people got Malak the first time than Revan.

Source?
    It certainly doesnt feel like that on my shard. We have like 20 malaks, and had around 50 jkrs the first time it launched.

15k Malaks the first go around... 12K JKR. 25K Darth Revan’s. If I remember right
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Here is a under modded Malak team doing 13 million in damage in the hstr

https://youtu.be/rXcNTvtaL5I

13 million? What year is it, 2017?
    My c3po team does between 18-50 million, and it was a free character.

The 3po thing just got nerfed, get with the times bruh...

It did?

l5ndm36scp2o.png

This was just last week so I guess it could have and I just missed it.

I know it was recent, pretty sure it was last week...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Here is a under modded Malak team doing 13 million in damage in the hstr

https://youtu.be/rXcNTvtaL5I

13 million? What year is it, 2017?
    My c3po team does between 18-50 million, and it was a free character.

The 3po thing just got nerfed, get with the times bruh...

It did?

l5ndm36scp2o.png

This was just last week so I guess it could have and I just missed it.

Yes it did get nerfed via Finn, what you’re running is a completey different team so no reason to be so smug and arrogant. That team is not nearly as fun to run as the original Finn one...

Wow, I didnt realize that 3po can still help do crazy damage on another team!? I don't know how you could possibly get 37 million without some kind of infinite loop. That would be crazy if they had to nerf him again...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options

Some people were more prepared than others and it may have cost $500 If you weren't prepared at all but for some it was just a small gear allocation to get the 10 characters to 17.5K GP

True, but for some it was closer to $1000...
  • Options
    True, but for some people who wanted to dump cash into the game it was closer to $1000...

I'll never understand why the people who make a choice to spend money on a game then complain. You wanted to spend the money. You (presumably) had the money to spend. You made the choice.

If I go to a store and drop $1000 dollars on a bottle of wine - which, yes, many stores sell - and end up liking it no better than the $28 bottle of wine I bought last week, I have sufficient maturity to keep myself from writing horrible posts on the website of the wine seller declaring that the universe is unjust unless they start dumping vinegar in all their $28 bottles.

Okay, so you bought a $1000 bottle of wine. Okay, you ended up liking it only a tiny bit better than that bottle of wine that someone gave you for your birthday absolutely free. What's the crisis?

All of this whining amounts to people being unwilling to take responsibility for their own choices. Ultimately the people complaining about having dropped hundreds of dollars on Malak have no complaint other than,
    "Even though I knew I wasn't guaranteed wins, I spent money. Now I win a lot, but I'm not guaranteed wins. So now I feel bad, having gotten exactly what was promised, but not exactly what I imagined. So I'll lash out at anyone other than the only person who controls both my imagination and my bank account."

How very informative.
  • Options

Source?
    It certainly doesnt feel like that on my shard. We have like 20 malaks, and had around 50 jkrs the first time it launched.

It was in a post I can’t remember but 12% got Jedi Revan and 15% got Malak. 25% actually got Darth Revan.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    True, but for some people who wanted to dump cash into the game it was closer to $1000...

I'll never understand why the people who make a choice to spend money on a game then complain. You wanted to spend the money. You (presumably) had the money to spend. You made the choice.

If I go to a store and drop $1000 dollars on a bottle of wine - which, yes, many stores sell - and end up liking it no better than the $28 bottle of wine I bought last week, I have sufficient maturity to keep myself from writing horrible posts on the website of the wine seller declaring that the universe is unjust unless they start dumping vinegar in all their $28 bottles.

Okay, so you bought a $1000 bottle of wine. Okay, you ended up liking it only a tiny bit better than that bottle of wine that someone gave you for your birthday absolutely free. What's the crisis?

All of this whining amounts to people being unwilling to take responsibility for their own choices. Ultimately the people complaining about having dropped hundreds of dollars on Malak have no complaint other than,
    "Even though I knew I wasn't guaranteed wins, I spent money. Now I win a lot, but I'm not guaranteed wins. So now I feel bad, having gotten exactly what was promised, but not exactly what I imagined. So I'll lash out at anyone other than the only person who controls both my imagination and my bank account."

How very informative.

Well arguing on the side of the heavy spenders, you cant change the flavor of the wine mid pour. Paying for digital items that can be altered at any time, is a new, and quite honestly sketchy concept; ESPECIALLY for how much they are charging.
  • Options

Source?

It was in a post I can’t remember but 12% got Jedi Revan and 15% got Malak. 25% actually got Darth Revan.

I call ****.
    I mean I believe that youve seen a post like that and I appreciate you taking the time to copy it here, but this clearly cant be right. We have like 10000 players on our shard. 15% getting Malak would be the top1500 (probably even more because newer shards had less chance).
    Instead of 1500, I see like 15.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »

Source?

I call ****.
    I mean I believe that youve seen a post like that and I appreciate you taking the time to copy it here, but this clearly cant be right. We have like 10000 players on our shard. 15% getting Malak would be the top1500 (probably even more because newer shards had less chance).

15% across the board.

What is 'the board'?
    If you believe every 6th player got Malak, youre a fool.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Source?

I call ****.

probably swgoh.gg meta report percentages. 15% of the top100 using toon x.
    If so, that 15% is probably still increasing due to the gear wall.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Source?

I call ****.

Much more plausible.
    15% of top100 is like 0.15% of the playerbase.
    Arguing between 0.12% and 0.15% seems a bit dull.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Source?

I call ****.

Much more plausible.
    15% of top100 is like 0.15% of the playerbase.
    Arguing between 0.12% and 0.15% seems a bit dull.

There's no life outside of the top100!
    No but seriously though, in arena only the top matters. The difference between 12 revans in your top20 and 25 drevans is very noticable.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Source?

I call ****.

I believe it was 15,000 and 12,000, not 15% and 12%
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Also remember the gear cost of revan and malak for the new gear piece. A lot of players with revan and malak cant gear him and are still running JKR
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Giving Malak a leadership ability would have made DR's leadership ability obsolete and made a ton of people upset.
  • Options
    I cant beat Malak in 3v3 in GA now. The opponent put Malak on defense and secured a win. That game mode is effectively broken for me now. The other guys is supposed to win.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    Also remember the gear cost of revan and malak for the new gear piece. A lot of players with revan and malak cant gear him and are still running JKR

Or not having zetas ready
    Or not having faith that a 5 star is worth a meta

Once i get mine to 7 star i may be compelled to use him more