Grand arena failure on GP matchup again

So over the course of the last 5 Grand arenas I have noticed that when zetas are the prize, the GP is all out of whack. All the other arena matches (when zetas aren’t prizes) are pretty spot on to my GP (roughly 3.98 million). Someone may be slightly higher in GP like 30-50k in the non-zeta prize arenas. Which is okay. I do have a problem when zetas are the prizes, because I have to go up against other players with GP of 300k higher than mine. This isn’t NOT even close to my GP range. WHY does this only happen when zetas are the prizes? Why can’t the GP matchups be more like the other matchups? More equally based in GP with a tolerance of 50k+-, not 300k+-. 300k is a lot in this game. I’m not spread thin in my roster either. I have 40+ G12, 50+ G11, rest of roster pretty equal in G10 to G8.

Replies

• Options
    Zetas are the prizes in character-only GAs. In those, only character GP is used for matchmaking, not shop GP, which explains what you're seeing. All of your opponents will have similar character GP to you. This was a change made by CG due to popular demand from the forums.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Total GP is irrelevant in a character only GA. What's your character GP? And your opponent's character GP?
  • Options
    FailingCrab and Waqui... I didn’t realize that for Grand arena. I looked at the top players and my GP, and they are similar. Thanks for the info.