Will Malak even return?

2Next

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    My bet is darth revan returns first....

But itd be funny if they bring malak back before darth revan just to get all the dolphins onto the malak train. Then do darth revan, then 3 months later malak again
  • Options
    First week of July, or 2 weeks after next DR event.

Don’t listen to these **** that say “never”. They say that about every new OP toon
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    Options
    I'd imagine it'll be longer than the return of any character ever in this game. Possibly even a year. I doubt he will coincide with Darth revans return

Wow, such wisdom.

Meta will be changed twice in a year, so... =)
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Machinist wrote: »
    Guess then ima start buffin up the old republic crew

Wow how did you manage to decode it??? D:
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Don’t listen to these **** that say “never”. They say that about every new OP toon

Lol, the “never” is just a joke.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

Lol, the “never” is just a joke.

The laugh will be that around his second pass they will release the next GET store character and you'll have to choose....and this won't even make them money...just the thrill of being sadistic.
  • Options
    he is too op to get released again, the whales don't want their precious character in other accounts :tongue:
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Options
    Javin37 wrote: »
    The laugh will be that around his second pass they will release the next GET store character and you'll have to choose....and this won't even make them money...just the thrill of being sadistic.
    Releasing content and putting things in the stores is not sadism.

There are two new territory battles coming out. Most likely, that means two more GET toons as part of the proceedings. This is not surprising. This is not cruel. It's just content.

GET toons have always come at significant opportunity cost, and took a while to get your hands on. We were at two for a very long time. We are now up to three. Before the year's out, we may be up to five. And that's nothing outlandish. As always, you'll have to choose whether you're more worried about the characters or the gear.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I'll never own him myself but I wouldn't mind him not returning. The choice is easy for me, be part of the problem or the solution. I choose to be the solution. JKR will never get a spot on this roster, never. adto8cr9vh8h.jpg

So your solution is to draw back both your guild (in TW) and yourself (in GA), because you refuse to have in your roster the journey toon that is the easiest to unlock?

You might not suffer too much in arena, both Revans will probably be replaced in 6 months there, but even ~1.5 year old former meta teams are at least B+ tier in TW.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I'll never own him myself but I wouldn't mind him not returning. The choice is easy for me, be part of the problem or the solution. I choose to be the solution. JKR will never get a spot on this roster, never. adto8cr9vh8h.jpg

I mean, play how you want, but this isn't a "solution" to anything. The overwhelming majority are always going to chase, so this isn't going to compel the developers to change their way of doing things.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Play the way you want @Crazygone510 and have fun but i'd highly recommend to at least farm mission and bigZ. Especially since you went for carth. Such a great defense Team.
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Would make sense to run it at the weekend for 2 days each time a Revan event ends.

I should have elaborated. I say this for 3 reasons:

- the money to be made from Malak dwindles every day as people get closer to the requirements. Even those without JKR and/or DRevan know they can get Malak by just taking the OR/SE toons a few gear tiers higher.

- storywise, the event should now be broken up and the LS Starforge run the Friday - Sun after JKR event. The DS Starforge event after DRevan. That keeps exclusivity too as there will be 2 months between.

- he's a 5 star unlock with a farm. Keeping him locked this way for 3-6 months doesn't make much sense given the length of subsequent farm and also new toons and reworks will probably superseded him before most have 7*.

Interesting theory.

I could see it happening. Say you have neither JKR or DR at the current time. If you are not done farming the required toons, you are probably spending your energy on that. Additionally, you need to farm gear for those toons to get them to them to the Darth Malak power threshold. That essentially prevents you from hoarding gear for JKR/DR so that if you unlock a Revan, you probably will have a difficult time to get him to the power threshold for Darth Malak. At a minimum, you will probably need to spend crystals on the new DR gear. I have been farming the first piece with any left over energy I have and I still haven't got to 50 pieces of the one on the level 7 node.

I fortunately have JKR so I'm working on finishing Juhani, Carth and Bastila. However, since I need to boost all these toons to G11 plus a zeta, I probably won't have a zeta ready for DR when he returns so I might to have to wait for a third time around for Malak if he returns immediately after DR's second appearance.