HK Health/Protection Recovery

Bulldog1205
3573 posts Member
edited April 2019
Alright everyone, help me figure out what I’m missing. Other than his health/prot recovery for an enemy losing a buff, how is HK gaining health/protection every turn in your standard Sith Empire meta squad. I’m rewatching my recordings and can’t figure out why he’s being healed at the end of turns when no buffs are lost or being healed 6 times when 1 buff is lost.

Replies

• Options
    To show an example to maybe make it more helpful, here is the start and end of a turn where Chewie looses 1 buff (health steal up).

eow21fv06xdg.png
    nle476k3zrdf.png
  • Options
    just a question.. did any translation got reset?. At the start of encounter, C-3PO and R2-D2 gain Translation for 3 turns" but "If the character already has Translation, the duration for all current stacks on that character resets to 3 turns."...
  • Options
    If the mastermind Bulldog cant figure it out I don't think we'll be able to figure it out either. I read his kit and it would make sense for HK to gain 5% health and 5% protection from chewie losing the buff. However it should only be 2 heals, not 6.... This seems like a bug in my eyes..
  • Options
    Is it to do with raging wookie and chewie gaining 25% offense and cc until the end of his next turn when taking damage?
  • Options
    To show an example to maybe make it more helpful, here is the start and end of a turn where Chewie looses 1 buff (health steal up).

eow21fv06xdg.png
    nle476k3zrdf.png

Looks like he's healing 3 times there (prot and health each time) which would suggest 3 buffs are being lost.

My first thought would be to look at translation, but it doesn't look like any toons there gained/lost a translation buff during that turn.

Did Qi'ra regain Prepared? That could count as an extra buff?

Neither of those options is particularly convincing. I think @coco8863 is probably on to something with Cheque's raging wookiee ability. That gives him two extra positive status effects, although they're not displayed as buffs.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    invisible buffs shouldn't count, as buff immunity does not stop those, probably a bug.

So the below is all from the swgoh.gg mechanics - might not be 100% reflective of in-game but I've always taken it as reliable:

HK's heal is set to trigger when a 'countable_buff' or 'countable_special_buff' expires.

The swgoh.gg mechanics show the description given to the stat modifications as 'chewbacca_unique_attack_buff', 'chewbacca_unique_ability_buff' and 'chewbacca_unique_crit_buff', but none of them are labelled as 'countable_buff' or 'countable_special_buff'. This would suggest that's not the cause of the healing here.

It also doesn't look like Prepared is a 'countable_buff' so that's not an explanation either.

I'm all out of ideas.
  • Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    If the mastermind Bulldog cant figure it out I don't think we'll be able to figure it out either. I read his kit and it would make sense for HK to gain 5% health and 5% protection from chewie losing the buff. However it should only be 2 heals, not 6.... This seems like a bug in my eyes..

Hey, these kits are so complicated that sometimes I miss things too, even simple things. So I wanted to get more eyes looking at it before just reporting it as a bug.

eow21fv06xdg.png
    nle476k3zrdf.png

Looks like he's healing 3 times there (prot and health each time) which would suggest 3 buffs are being lost.

My first thought would be to look at translation, but it doesn't look like any toons there gained/lost a translation buff during that turn.

Did Qi'ra regain Prepared? That could count as an extra buff?

Neither of those options is particularly convincing. I think @coco8863 is probably on to something with Cheque's raging wookiee ability. That gives him two extra positive status effects, although they're not displayed as buffs.

Translation was just gained for the first time on this turn. Qira did not become prepared here as it was just a single Chewie attack. The opposing team has also not moved yet so he didn’t take any damage.

I appreciate people looking at it. I’m going to report it as a bug since it seems I’m not just missing a mechanic somewhere (if I can get that horrible website to work).
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I see it like this:
    - Health Steal expires - first heal
    - Translation gets reset which works like losing and gaining it again - second heal
    - invisible buff Crit Damage Up from Qi'ras Unique Insult To Injury expires right after the attack - third heal

All in all it's a big mess and seems bugged.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    I see it like this:
    - Health Steal expires - first heal
    - Translation gets reset which works like losing and gaining it again - second heal
    - invisible buff Crit Damage Up from Qi'ras Unique Insult To Injury expires right after the attack - third heal

All in all it's a big mess and seems bugged.

Why would translation get reset? The only time that happens is when a character gains it again and resets previous instances, but in that case they'd have more than one stack.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Why would translation get reset? The only time that happens is when a character gains it again and resets previous instances, but in that case they'd have more than one stack.

Mhm, true..
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Haven’t dug into HKs mechanics, but could it have anything to do with him losing expose and gaining a ferocity stack as well? The total buff/debuff change between both HK and Chewie gets us to the 3 count, even though that definitely doesn’t seem right.
  • Options
    Haven’t dug into HKs mechanics, but could it have anything to do with him losing expose and gaining a ferocity stack as well? The total buff/debuff change between both HK and Chewie gets us to the 3 count, even though that definitely doesn’t seem right.

It should only be when an enemy loses a buff. Debuffs shouldn't count at all, nor should status effect on himself/allies. I've been racking my brains and can't find an explanation other than 'bug'
  • Options

It should only be when an enemy loses a buff. Debuffs shouldn't count at all, nor should status effect on himself/allies. I've been racking my brains and can't find an explanation other than 'bug'

Right, I understand that. I was suggesting bug as well.
  • Options
    New theory: the mechanics of Guard look funkier than I expected, there’s some wording around application at round begin. Is there a chance it’s clearing and reapplying Guard and inaccurately treating them as countable?