How to fix Malak - without nerfing Anakin

Hi all,

Reading the forums the past week, it seems clear that many players are happy with the reworked JKA and would like to keep playing with him as such, going forward.
At the same time, it is also clear that Malak is a super legendary, requiring 10+ characters to get, some of them geared to extremely high levels, without proper pre notice, Malak himself requiring a lot of new crystal gear, and currnlently, simply put, still useless. Thats not right.

The aim of this topic would be to provide CG wayd on how Malak can be made useful, without hurting Jka.
Ill start with a few examples, please feel free to add your own.

Give a pre taunt to Malak.
Currently, SiT is used in the DR teams as 5th simply because the team needs a pretaunter. SiT however is a terrible choice under DR lead, as ferocity dissipates SiT's trademark high defense/tenacity immediately. Giving pretaunt to Malak would free up the 5th spot, allowing to swap in someone useful.

Change Malaks crit avoidance to apply to the team, insteqd of himself. Also, tie it to simple stacking mechanism (like 20% crit avoidance each turn, stacking up to 4 times) ,instead of his health percentages.

Make Malak a raid king.
Im not sure what changr is necessary for that, but if he could pull 40m+ in hstr, that would make him useful somewhere at least. (note, hstr requires 7 star so only a handful of people woild benefit from it for a good while)

Make Malak necessary in the new TB map.
He could have his Special mission requiring Malak, awarding something cool, like a lot of GET, or shards to a new character.

Release a ship for Malak.
Malak could become a pilot for a ship. It doesnt have to be HFalcon level, but still one that people actually want to use, making his value in fleet.

Replies

• Doneeta
    157 posts Member
    Options
    There is an easier way to fix malak, just make drain life a 100% health reduction AoE that has a bonus turn at the beginning of the encounter with a no-revives and can't be evaded. Then we can get to a 1v1 style arena where the fastest malak wins!
  • Options
    Smart guy, don't nerf Anakin but make Malak give crit avoidance to the whole team so that Anakin cannot crit them. LOL basically do to Anakin what you did to Palpatine, don't change thing about him, but buff Malak again to simply make the other guy's strength useless.

I admit, you're a smart guy, except some of us are a bit smarter, it will take more than this to fool us.
  • Options
    Doneeta wrote: »
    There is an easier way to fix malak, just make drain life a 100% health reduction AoE that has a bonus turn at the beginning of the encounter with a no-revives and can't be evaded. Then we can get to a 1v1 style arena where the fastest malak wins!

Lmao, if it was up to him trust me, this would be a done deal hahahaha
  • Options
    CG need to add new "meta" tag, any "meta" toon receives only 1/10 of incoming damage, have speed +200% and immune to any debuffs) maximum 1 toon can have this tag) Also, if "meta" hero set on defence, he immideatly kills same "meta" toon in attacker team at start of battle, so no more boring mirror matches! Problem with balance solved forever)
  • Options
    Doneeta wrote: »

The irony is that even if this obvious troll concept would be implemented as such, JKA teams would STILL WIN.

Its because Malak's drain life deals damage based on opponents health. However, most characters have higher prot than health, meaning an area attack life drain not only would leave every jedi standing, but theyd still even have their protection.
  • Options
    Smart guy, don't nerf Anakin but make Malak give crit avoidance to the whole team so that Anakin cannot crit them. LOL basically do to Anakin what you did to Palpatine, don't change thing about him, but buff Malak again to simply make the other guy's strength useless.

I admit, you're a smart guy, except some of us are a bit smarter, it will take more than this to fool us.

4 out of 5 of my ideas would not change the fact that JKA wins. (raid, tb, fleet..)
    If you still want to focus on the only option that does, youre just showing how immature you are.
  • Options

4 out of 5 of my ideas would not change the fact that JKA wins. (raid, tb, fleet..)
    If you still want to focus on the only option that does, youre just showing how immature you are.

You just can't accept that Revan beats Malak if you add Anakin and that's your problem, end of story. You don't want people to use Anakin in Arena and there is absolutely no justification for it especially since Anakin isn't and never will be meta. He's just a counter option and nothing more. He drops like a fly on defense and he's only functioning under Revan lead and no other. He's not even good, he just serves this one purpose.

In raids he's only there to help Ahsoka get the bonus hits. She is the one who's doing all the damage. In ships, yeah he's got a nice little ship, nowhere near meta defining maybe good enough for a 3rd-4th best team overall. Get over it, no matter how much you're in denial the fact remains that most star wars fans like clone wars and most star wars fans like Anakin and most star wars fans like to see Anakin be used in some way in arena. Idk what type of beef you have with the guy but get over it dude. Revan was 90% of the meta up until Darth Revan came, it's simply dumb and makes no sense for him to completely disappear because of Darth Revan and Malak. Anakin gives Revan the ability to have some sort of presence and a role in arena and that's just 100% reasonable.
  • Options

You just can't accept that Revan beats Malak if you add Anakin and that's your problem, end of story.

[BEEP] Wrong.
    If you actually cared to read my suggestions, you would see that most do nothing against Anakin. Im fine for him to beat Malak.
    Im in a shard chat and no matter how many Anakins there are, I'll always take top payout, so it doesnt matter to me at all.

What I dont think is right, is that Malak is a super legendary, and yet, he's lackluster. He should be useful, like to be required at a TB special mission, or do great at raids, or have a ship or whatever.
    Thats enough to justify the high spend.
  • Options

You just can't accept that Revan beats Malak if you add Anakin and that's your problem, end of story.

[BEEP] Wrong.
    If you actually cared to read my suggestions, you would see that most do nothing against Anakin. Im fine for him to beat Malak.
    Im in a shard chat and no matter how many Anakins there are, I'll always take top payout, so it doesnt matter to me at all.

What I dont think is right, is that Malak is a super legendary, and yet, he's lackluster. He should be useful, like to be required at a TB special mission, or do great at raids, or have a ship or whatever.

You suggested that he should give everyone in his team team avoidance, aka greatly reduce the damage Jedi (Anakin) can do to them, therefore taking away his ability to beat him. So don't try to deny it.

How is he lackluster? His kit in insane, he is a God in 3v3, he has an ability that does 100% health in damage. I mean he is a tank after all, you want him to be a tank and have the damage of an attacker, which he already kind of does. I'm sorry but you can't have everything, he's super rare now sure, but what happens 6 months down the road when everyone has him? Will you then want him to be nerfed because they supercharged him so much that they struggle to come up with the next meta? You want him to be super strong while you have him and then become useless once everyone else catches up? Who are you? The VIP guy that the game has to satisfy every step of the way? Malak beats the Triumvirate in 3v3 without allowing them to take a turn. Idk what else you want?
  • Options

[BEEP] Wrong.

You suggested that he should give everyone in his team team avoidance, aka greatly reduce the damage Jedi (Anakin) can do to them, therefore taking away his ability to beat him. So don't try to deny it.

How is he lackluster? His kit in insane, he is a God in 3v3, he has an ability that does 100% health in damage. I mean he is a tank after all, you want him to be a tank and have the damage of an attacker, which he already kind of does. I'm sorry but you can't have everything, he's super rare now sure, but what happens 6 months down the road when everyone has him? Will you then want him to be nerfed because they supercharged him so much that they struggle to come up with the next meta? You want him to be super strong while you have him and then become useless once everyone else catches up? Who are you? The VIP guy that the game has to satisfy every step of the way? Malak beats the Triumvirate in 3v3 without allowing them to take a turn. Idk what else you want?

Amazing. Everything you said was wrong.

The crit avoidance is the only which has anything to do with jka. Thats ONE OPTION out of 5.

You clearly dont have a Malak, nor have you fought against him in 3v3. The triumvirate easily defeats him.
    Or maybe you did fight against one, you just have no brain to understand how his kit works and how it can be dealt with. Git gud i guess.
  • Options
    Yea malak wouldn't need so many buffs to be top like they want if his kit was good but its mediocre his drain life doing massive dmg? Not really only time it kills anyone is mid to late match when protection is off if they have protection it dosent kill anyone his kit lacks a good way to force u to hit him especially in mirror matches if there dr and bsf goes before u he foes does nothing for 90% of the fight cause he cant taunt so he definitely needs a pretaunt and another way to taunt except fear or shock add when ferocity falls off or when cbm gets inflicted to taunt making him not useless in mirror matches.

His mini annihilate wood be really good if ut ignored protection so would be like dn but they can still be revived then i would say its good but 30-40k isnt a whole lot especially when toons have 60k+ protection