Please Fix Asajj AI

christopher152003
381 posts Member
edited March 2016
I run an all Nightsister team and keep Asajj as my leader for the speed boost. One of the things I've noticed is her heal was changed from being a heal for entire team to being a self only heal. The problem is that the AI was never changed to reflect this. Asajj can be at full health and her ally will be low, so she casts her heal as if she thinks she is gonna save her ally. Wasting her turn when she is defending in SA, or on auto battle in GW or anywhere else.

At best this is annoying, at worst it causes a whole team to not be as viable as any other.

******SIDE RANT******
What I think is really screwed up is that EA focused on making the new characters from the new movie super cool and OP. The characters like Kylo wren, Rey, Capt. Phasma (who was in the movie for what 3 mins total and she is so OP that if you don't use her you can't get in top 10), Poe etc. these characters are weak when compared to Ben Kenobi, Darth Vader, Jedi Knight Luke (who is the most iconic hero in star wars and is missing completely), Emperor (who is the most evil Villain in star wars and is missing completely), but they have Lando, and Admiral Ackbar, and two anakins lol.

What I really want to see in this game is Jar Jar Binks ( I need a suicide bomber character).
******SIDE RANT******
Post edited by christopher152003 on

Replies

• Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    I run an all Nightsister team and keep Asajj as my leader for the speed boost. One of the things I've noticed is her heal was changed from being a heal for entire team to being a self only heal. The problem is that the AI was never changed to reflect this. Asajj can be at full health and her ally will be low, so she casts her heal as if she thinks she is gonna save her ally. Wasting her turn when she is defending in SA, or on auto battle in GW or anywhere else.

At best this is annoying, at worst it causes a whole team to not be as viable as any other.

+1
    You tookaway her ability to team-heal but SHE STILL TRIES TO TEAM-HEAL if a teammate gets low on HP. Please fix.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    Yes please. With her as lead my team is solid on offense (50-100), but sinks like a stone on defense. When I'm up against another Asajj I just laugh (and then cry).
  • Notice
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. She seems to have taken a hit in power as well. She's already the slowest character of the lot (which doesn't make any sense) now the debuff/heal is relatively useless especially given that it doesn't work against Yoda at all. What does EA have against Asajj?
  • Rie_Fu
    33 posts Member
    Options
    I double what everyone wrote. Her heal/debuff is totally useless in AI because she practically wastes the only turn she might get in an arena battle. That skill can be completely removed cause she can life-steal much better with attack and be a threat. The passive for gaining turn meter doesn't compensate because it's only 25% chance, and why must we wait till our team is annihilated in order for her to finally get a chance to attack? Also, where exactly did EA see that Asajj is meant to be a slow character??! One of my favourite and most useful on offense characters becomes a liability on defense - as if my team is of 4...
  • Options
    I hope they fix her and Savage. They both have bugs that make them a terrible choice for the arena.
  • Options
    Are you sure she is not using her debuff/heal to debuff the other team? It may be bad timing for a heal, but it might be necessary if the other team is all offense and defense up.

I would not like to see that skill removed. It is helpful for the team and to her.
  • Rie_Fu
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Are you sure she is not using her debuff/heal to debuff the other team? It may be bad timing for a heal, but it might be necessary if the other team is all offense and defense up.

I would not like to see that skill removed. It is helpful for the team and to her.

Of course the skill can be useful when used correctly, but in the "capable hands" of the AI it renders the character useless in arena defensive team. Also, I'm positive she sometimes uses it ONLY as heal when she'd actually gain much more HP from attack because of her huge life-steal...
  • Options
    That is correct, Asajj on defense is using her debuff/heal ability as a team wide heal, meaning even if she's full hp, and there are no buffs on enemy team, having a teammate on low hp she uses Strike Fear resulting in a round lost for nothing..
  • Options
    Agreed, I love the little bald headed she-devil but that bug is brutal.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Bump. Also as mentioned in another thread - her Dispel procs Dookus buff. If her dispel misses everyone with a Dooku lead, they all get offense up.
    @CG_JohnSalera Thank you for the early am update - in particular the "Key areas we're also looking at"
    Hopefully that includes Asajj and game credits
  • Mol_Eliza_oops
    263 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Bump again, as this seems like a severe bug, rendering a very good/popular character unusable in arena defense.

So, because she has life steal, I think Strike Fear should *only* be used if an enemy is taunting or if the whole team is buffed (maybe 4 total team buffs).

Endless Wrath (AoE) should be used if she has Offense Up or Advantage, in addition to any time an enemy is in the red. You don't get the instant cooldown, but it's worth it if it's guaranteed to do that much extra damage.

Edit: Strike Fear should only look at *removable* buffs - e.g., no Foresight or Tenacity Up
    Post edited by Mol_Eliza_oops on
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    ea_jesse
    cg_johnsalera

Come on guys what's the hold up for a simple character fix??
    Asajj tries to heal the group on AI.
    She also will throw her AoE with 1 toon left standing, and guess what, it gets dodged (big surprise right). In DS battles and GW where the cooldown carries forward that's a problem.
    This is a decent toon that cannot be used in arena due to AI on defense - you might as well defend with 4 characters.

P.S. The bonus' were nice but Give Us More Credits!!!
  • Options
    +1 bump
  • mMmLL4MA
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Almost 2 months, and they still can't figure out that dispelling positive effects for 0 healing isn't good. Come on EA. At least talk to us.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    mMmLL4MA wrote: »
    Almost 2 months, and they still can't figure out that dispelling positive effects for 0 healing isn't good. Come on EA. At least talk to us.

Many times there are no positive effects to dispel. She just tries to heal a weak character which she's not capable of... it's just dumb... Wasted turn & she gets so few.
    Asajj is collecting dust at 71 gear 8.5 until they do something.
  • Options
    Has her speed been reduced further, out of stubbornness I run her as lead and in the past few days she seems slower. I can win 5/5 or 9/10 arena battles each day but make no progress as the a.i. in defence of a nightsister team is terrible, she heals when not needed to knock out one weak positive status from the opposition and aoe often too soon or doesn't when there's multiple characters to kill, It's quite funny seeing her heal herself at these times.
  • Sao
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Pls fix Asajj.... She is so good, yet, pardon my french, she's so stupid (AI) on defence. Once again, fix it pls.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have a poll to have her fixed here: "Does Asajj Ventress Need To Be Fixed"

If you can leave comments there.
  • Options
    Please fix this so that the AI doesn't take her out of the battle. She has the worst AI in the game and it isn't even close. Not asking for a buff just a fix to match the change that was made to her skills.