You're setting a bad precedent

hsof777
97 posts Member
edited April 2019
I understand that there are people that spend a lot of money on this game. and I understand that there are people who don't. But to Nerf a character because the free-to-play players found out it beats be paid to play players newest release is really bad.

Just because you're paid a lot of money for something doesn't mean that there should be nothing else that competes.

Replies

• Options
    hsof777 wrote: »
    I understand that there are people that spend a lot of money on this game. and I understand that there are people who don't. But to Nerf a character because the free-to-play players found out it beats be paid to play players newest release is really bad.

Just because you're paid a lot of money for something doesn't mean that there should be nothing else that competes.

Incorrect.

If what they paid for gets destroyed by something old and ftp why would they continue spending?

And it's not just a free counter...it's an easy gear counter. Nobody is complaining Grevious is a counter because it takes zetas and gear. Anakin is an easy gear character.

I understand those that don't pay attention to resource management want to compete like they do but when you destroy reward for effort then nobody has a reason to put any effort in and there is no game..just collecting.
  • Options
    I was on the whole "This game is going south" bandwagon not so long ago, it really irked me the stunt that they pulled with Malak and Palpetine, but then I came to the realisation that Palp himself wasn't nerfed, Malak was just buffed with anti Palp synergies. Turns out this isn't something I should be getting upset over, I don't compete with Malak and the day that I do, there'll likely be other counters.

I've learned to relax about everything now, the devs are always going to favour the 15k people that spend hundreds/thousands per month on this game over Dolphins and FTP. That's just a fact we need to deal with because think about it, without the Whales there is no game.

My only lingering thought is I hope the Devs don't make a habit of nerfing characters (Finn/Nest/NSZombie) because they haven't play tested something properly. That's when it suck because they're messing up the desire to theory craft, destroying mid gamer teams (Finn) not to mention it just makes for bad faith.
  • Options
    Exactly what Javin said.
    If they made Anakin's gimmick restricted by a zeta and it would trigger only when GR allies fall below 50% health or are defeated, then tweaked GR to be able to beat DR but lose to JKR, it would be fine.
    But making Anakin a plug and play toon, that fits perfectly in a JKR squad that most competitive players already have (and even more will unlock within a few days) is just laughing in the face of those who keep the game going by paying for it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Javin37 wrote: »
    hsof777 wrote: »

Incorrect.

If what they paid for gets destroyed by something old and ftp why would they continue spending?

And it's not just a free counter...it's an easy gear counter. Nobody is complaining Grevious is a counter because it takes zetas and gear. Anakin is an easy gear character.

I understand those that don't pay attention to resource management want to compete like they do but when you destroy reward for effort then nobody has a reason to put any effort in and there is no game..just collecting.

Also Incorrect.

First off, for JKAnakin to work, he needs to be in a team with JKR lead - which is hardly and "easy gear counter". Secondly, most of the comps need him to run with Jolee, and either GMY or Hoda (both of whom are "specialty" characters in their own right) and possibly GK or Bastila. Incidentally, that team is not near a 100% counter - it is still very RNG-dependent - especially at high levels.

Thirdly, your assertion that no one is complaining about Grevious counters is also incorrect. Several Malak owners have pined that he should hold on defense against anything except Malak mirrors. Which, has never been the case in the game before - teams never hold on defense.

Those that spent on Malak feel entitiled that he should be the first - the "chosen one" if you'll pardon the pun. He's simply the latest p2p toon ain a long line of them...all of whom have counters. And not ones that were sold 3 months later. JKR is beatable by CLS. Traya is beatable by Thrawn comps - ironically, most are beatable by the previous meta slightly tweaked....just like DR is beatable by JKR + Anakin. Or JTR + KRU or Grevious. In fact if they leave it alone as is (i.e. don't nerf Anakin) then it would be consistent with every other p2p release in recent history. It's only if they nerf Anakin are they, as the OP's thread title suggests, setting a bad precedent. And a game direction that is inconsistent with the way they have run it for 3+ years.

The game does not exist without whales and dolphins. But if the whales and dolphins are the only ones left, it dies as well. Whales don't want to only fight other whales - they want to have an advantage and devour plankton. If you don't believe me, look at the reaction to the "all JKR" meta - that's what it would look like if only whales remained.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I miss the good old days of this game when GM Yoda, GK, Han, and Emperor were the hardest characters to get now it’s too much of a pay to play especially if you try to go competitive which btw I think they need to have real time pvp as let’s face it the outcomes of Grand, Fleet, and Galactic Arena would be completely different as you wouldn’t be playing bots. As far the whole nerf thing goes I don’t think any characters more than a year old should be nerfed as the only reason they would be is to benefit another newer character. However I do believe the creativity of mix and match squads has been taken away as now people just go for straight Jedi teams. While the game will always favor those who pay it shouldn’t ruin it for the rest who actually work for what they get.
  • Options
    What do you mean by "work"? Have JKA in your roster?
  • Options
    What do you mean by "work"? Have JKA in your roster?

Yes but I don’t use him that much but I’m just meaning that getting characters is a very time taking thing which requires putting in resources as well as strategizing the battles to fit what your characters do which in a game like this is considered work
  • Options
    DarthJelly wrote: »
    I was on the whole "This game is going south" bandwagon not so long ago, it really irked me the stunt that they pulled with Malak and Palpetine, but then I came to the realisation that Palp himself wasn't nerfed, Malak was just buffed with anti Palp synergies. Turns out this isn't something I should be getting upset over, I don't compete with Malak and the day that I do, there'll likely be other counters.

I've learned to relax about everything now, the devs are always going to favour the 15k people that spend hundreds/thousands per month on this game over Dolphins and FTP. That's just a fact we need to deal with because think about it, without the Whales there is no game.

My only lingering thought is I hope the Devs don't make a habit of nerfing characters (Finn/Nest/NSZombie) because they haven't play tested something properly. That's when it suck because they're messing up the desire to theory craft, destroying mid gamer teams (Finn) not to mention it just makes for bad faith.
    My sentiments exactly. But I'm still a little peeved about my boy Palps...
  • Options
    I like to try and be competitive but when it comes to Grand arena I fear that who ever happens to get a group with the only revan malak they just auto win.

While I feel having an advantage is okay. I do not believe that it should guarantee your the number one just because you paid the most.
  • Options
    Honestly the game is becoming to much like a pay to play game like GTA