Raid scheduling based on GMT screwup

I really love the ability to schedule raid start times and join periods. However, with everything being based on an offset from GMT, daylight saving adjustments become a problem. In my guild we start our raids every morning at 4am eastern time zone with a 17hour join period so that the raid opens for attacks at 9pm. In order to do that I have to set it up the night before. When daylight saving adjustments happen, it causes discrepancies. The fact that all time zones don't do daylight savings on the same date around the world makes it even worse. We we just messed up by the fact that GMT must have just had their daylight saving adjustment which caused my guild's raid to open for damage an hour early, which then opened the door for some eager guild members to think it was ok to start attacking.

Once the rest of the guild realizes what has happened (I've tried to notify everyone through our discord server), there are likely going to be some irritated individuals.

We can't have a system that is meant to be reliable that is based on a moveable target.

Replies

• Options
    Pick a static time and go with it, set it on auto launch, and you are good, no need to fiddle each time.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    We we just messed up by the fact that GMT must have just had their daylight saving adjustment

GMT doesn't have a daylight savings adjustment.
  • Options
    I just looked it up and I have no idea what caused my raid to start an hour early. GMT has not changed and my settings are as described (4am launch with a 17hour join period = 9pm open for attacks) but yet at 8pm it opened.
  • Options
    aa3i6ebocx5k.png

Here’s the screenshot of the raid settings. It should NOT have opened up for attacks at 8pm.
  • JMac_Mol_Eliza
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    This whole thing is confusing and way too involved. I’ve been doing these settings for my guild ever since the feature was introduced and I’ve never had a problem like this and I’ve been doing the same thing EVERY SINGLE DAY. Why all of a sudden is it being difficult.
  • Options
    Here’s the settings as they ALWAYS look each day. I just click the “auto launch” box and let it go.
  • Options
    c2vq4v7jeqed.png
    b533w09td6m3.png
  • Options
    The display for the HAAT settings is mixed up: 4am UTC instead of 4am Local
  • JMac_Mol_Eliza
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Pick a static time and go with it, set it on auto launch, and you are good, no need to fiddle each time.

That's exactly what I have been doing ever since the feature came out. All our raids are open at 9pm with a 17hour join period.

I'm feeling like I'm over this. I'm not happy that apparently the feature can't be counted on to work perfectly every single time but now I know to double check it when I click Auto Launch and then recheck the time the next morning.
  • Options
    There’s no reason to click it every time. Set it to auto launch at the time you want and leave it. Pretty sure most folks , atleast the ones I have spoken to, simply set the raid to auto launch as soon es enough tickets, with whatever join period they desire, and then never touch it again.

For our crews, the raids have been on auto since the feature came out, and they always launch and run as we want, without ever touching the setting. Just a thought ,
  • Options
    Ok I’m going to ask again. Will you please fix the crashing problem.