Days to get enough training droids for 1-70?

How long does it take?

I just hit 70 a few days ago. I had enough credits and droids all along the way to keep my A squad at my account's level cap. During the next couple of days, I had enough credits to bring my B squad to level 70, but I had a shortage of training droids. Now, my B squad is at 70 as well, and I'm saving up to level characters I've farmed but not activated yet. I have 3.3 million credits now, more than enough to 1-70 a new character, but only enough droids to get to lvl 64.

I know how long it will take me to collect the 2.3 million credits to 1-70 a character, but I don't have any idea how long it takes to collect the dumb droids. (Honestly, why do we need two separate currencies for accomplishing this one thing?)
Barris irl imo idk

Replies

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Save save save is my suggestion! Level cap will be coming along before you know it
  • Options
    That is a bad idea to save up. Best idea is to just increase everyone to level 70. If you go higher with a few characters, then GW will become impossible for you. You can increase in level, just do not level up your characters past level 70. Since GW will become easy, you can win it constantly, and then level up slowly so that each time you level your characters past level 70, they all go up one level. Level up 30 characters or so all from level 70 to level 71. This will keep GW easy for you, and you will pass a bunch of people up who will get stuck not being able to beat GW because they just focused on 5 or so characters to get to them to level 80.
  • Options
    On my way to 70, I always kept my GW squad at my account level cap. I used the same squad for arena too, and GW was pretty easy almost the whole way through. I've completed it 43 times, and only failed 5 or so. But on the way to 80, I'm probably going to take it a bit slower, choosing 10 characters that will give me decent squads for GW, Arena, and LS/DS, leaving the other characters behind until I hit the cap again.

But back to the question. I know it's about 5 days to save up the credits for 1-70. How many days for the droids?
    Barris irl imo idk
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    it depends greatly on how many refreshes you do- cantina, hard mode, or normal mode. Spending 120 energy on 1a normal will yield much less than 120 on level 7 cantina energy. For me, Droids come with time. Just keep farming your gear and use droids as you can. Personally, I need credits much much much more than droids because I need to promote I think 15 toons from 2-6* to 7* (and many in between). I have the shards, just don't have the credits.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    That is a bad idea to save up. Best idea is to just increase everyone to level 70. If you go higher with a few characters, then GW will become impossible for you. You can increase in level, just do not level up your characters past level 70. Since GW will become easy, you can win it constantly, and then level up slowly so that each time you level your characters past level 70, they all go up one level. Level up 30 characters or so all from level 70 to level 71. This will keep GW easy for you, and you will pass a bunch of people up who will get stuck not being able to beat GW because they just focused on 5 or so characters to get to them to level 80.

I think you mean 60s instead of 70? Since you can't actually get past lv 70 atm. But that's what I do. I push to 60 then stop and work on another.
  • Options
    I always do one cantina refresh, currently farming Barriss' node, and I alternate between one or two regular refreshes depending on whether I've been getting top 100 arena rewards or not. Most of the LS/DS nodes I farm are stage 5 or higher, though I do hit light side 1 for RG, and 2 for Rey.
    Barris irl imo idk
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Mittens wrote: »

I think you mean 60s instead of 70? Since you can't actually get past lv 70 atm. But that's what I do. I push to 60 then stop and work on another.

Get a teaam of 2 to 70 then save! When the credit crunch comes with the level increase spending unwise right now will haunt you in the future!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

How is it a bad idea to save up????? When you're strugging to level characters at level 72-73 when guys in galactic war are 75-77 you'll know why i'm saying save!
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You need a total of 339,370 Xp to go from 1-70. The following xp is granted by each droid:

1*- 30
    2*- 150
    3*- 750
    4*- 1500
    5*- 3000
    6*- 6000

Barriss node give 1-3* and 1-1* so that's 780xp each, so 7800 for every 10 runs (per refresh). Just calculate the nodes you normally do, and divide 339,370 by however much you do on a normal day and it will tell you how many days you need (round up). For instance, if you only did 10 Barriss runs a day you would need 339,370/7800=43.5 days or 44 days (since on day 43 you would still be short).

For 60 crystals you can get 7-5* droids, or 21,000 Xp.
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    How is it a bad idea to save up????? When you're strugging to level characters at level 72-73 when guys in galactic war are 75-77 you'll know why i'm saying save!

In my experience, keeping 5 characters at level was never an issue, so I don't see why it would be going to 80. The credits and droids earned playing daily kept pace with how much I needed to spend from 1-70 for my main squad, plus enough left over for a B squad 8-10 levels lower than my main.

For me, it's a bad idea to save up, because I'm tired of having to use JC and Chewie everywhere. I'm hoping I have enough time before the cap increase to get new characters ready so that 70-80 doesn't feel exactly the same as 1-70. I'd probably quit from boredom if I don't get to change some things up.
    Barris irl imo idk
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    You need a total of 339,370 Xp to go from 1-70. The following xp is granted by each droid:

1*- 30
    2*- 150
    3*- 750
    4*- 1500
    5*- 3000
    6*- 6000

Barriss node give 1-3* and 1-1* so that's 780xp each, so 7800 for every 10 runs (per refresh). Just calculate the nodes you normally do, and divide 339,370 by however much you do on a normal day and it will tell you how many days you need (round up). For instance, if you only did 10 Barriss runs a day you would need 339,370/7800=43.5 days or 44 days (since on day 43 you would still be short).

For 60 crystals you can get 7-5* droids, or 21,000 Xp.

Thanks! Very helpful :-)

Barris irl imo idk