I am not good at 3v3.

VonZant
3843 posts Member
edited April 2019
What teams do you guys have success with?

On D, I use Revan amd Bossk and Carth Mission Z. The rest of my teams blow.

On offense CLS Han Chewie and JTR do well. The rest of my teams are hit or miss.

I dont have DR or Malak or Traya, but almost everyone else relevant. 3.5M GP. Its not a mod issue - I am rarely out-modded. I win or come in second bracket in 5v5, but I can't seem to get 3v3.

Anyone have any good sleeper teams or just...something?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    I have found that my zPalp, Vader, SiT needs more than 1 try on a regular basis. Maybe people just underestimate it and pay dearly for it? I also don't put Revan on D and instead use zBast, GMY, and Jolee in a squad. Saving Revan for offense is a guaranteed win, and the Bast team still requires a good team to beat it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    asajj, daka and zombi are a PITA in 3v3.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I used to think I was OK at 3v3, but recent results have me rethinking that. I don't think I've ever gone 0-3, but I also nearly always go up against someone who doesn't set a defense or doesn't attack.

I don't think any of my teams are really special, but I do have a tendency to catch some people off guard with my IG88/zT3-M4/zL3-37 droid trio.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    General requirements are same as a 5v5 defensive team:
    * regen/rez capability
    * simple enough a halfwit - the AI algorithm - can use them effectively
    * enough raw DPS / crowd control to make your opponent work for a win and punish any slip-ups

Differences in 3v3:
    * overall DPS is lower
    * group assists are less effective
    * leader abilities may be less effective, most notably BH are less likely to hit payout
    * some squads just don't work well with less than 5 e.g. Imperial Troopers
    * others may work better by distilling them down to the core toons

Bonus points if you come up with an unusual but effective combo which is harder for an opponent to gauge, often forcing them to over-commit or underestimate and lose the first fight.
  • Options
    I always save my best teams for attack. I have all my Bounty Hunters at G12 so I can make 3 decent teams to defend. I have most droids g12 and zeta’d so I make some teams for defense out of those. You don’t see a lot of droid teams so people don’t have practice at fighting them. For defense I try to use unconventional teams. Most people know how to beat the standard teams. My favourite 3vs3 team in defense is my good ol reliable zOldBen lead, zzC3PO and zzR2D2. I always hide it in the back. It’s a team people constantly underestimate as you would think there is no attacking power on that team but it just gets me win after win.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

I just found this out this time around. Took me 3 tries to beat it.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

zJango. >:)
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Thanks. I have a zJango. I’ll try it out next time. Is this the lead that’s zeta’d or his unique? I’m assuming lead.
  • Options
    For 3's, I use a basic team composite if possible. Tank (Taunter) Attacker, and leader.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Thanks. I have a zJango. I’ll try it out next time. Is this the lead that’s zeta’d or his unique? I’m assuming lead.

unique prevents revives.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

unique prevents revives.
    Yes indeedy. I still run BH in arena and my Fetts go through Nightsisters like a hot knife through butter. >:)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i don't have jango's unique zeta'd and i always use them on def ^_^
  • Options
    Even prevents zombie from reviving?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options

Nothing prevents zombie from reviving...but he can ignore her taunt and kill one of the other sisters...and Zombie and Daka can't revive that one.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Get Traya. Triumvirate is great on offense in 3v3.

Other suggestions for offense:

zEP, Vader and TFP/Thrawn (depending on opponent team).
    Thrawn lead, DT and Shoretrooper.
    zVeers, Starck and Range.
    JTR, BB8, R2D2.
    (z)Finn, Scav Rey and RT.
    Qi'ra and Nest.
    Ackbar, 3P0 and Leia.
    Bastilla, GMY and GK.

.... there are plenty of viable teams.
  • Options
    You need to be creative with your rooster. For example sometimes against strongly defensive teams with low damage output I put a cheese team for example zBarris lead, Darth Nihilus and a tank, for example Stormtrooper Han. They can't kill my Han because of Barris regeneration and Nihilus annihilates one by one.. Against tougher teams I use Sion as a tank. It makes a good team when you don't have Traya for your trio.
  • Options
    You need to be creative with your rooster.
    2zk4eg.jpg
    Sorry, it always amuses me when people typo that. :D
  • Options
    3v3 just favors more focused rosters imo. For example a max g12 NS squad can be split into 2 effective 3v3 squads for GA (usually defense). Whereas a person who has a roster filled with one or two G12 toons various different squads is usually going to be more effective in 5v5 GAs.
  • Options
    I usually tailor my offensive teams to the most common defensive teams, and that works pretty well for me. DR for CLS/JKR, JTR for EP, EP for bounty hunters, Traya for NS...once you have a counter for all their defenses you just have to put in a few strong defenses of your own and you can have more "economy" wins.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

Nothing prevents zombie from reviving...but he can ignore her taunt and kill one of the other sisters...and Zombie and Daka can't revive that one.

And his first special hits like a kitten truck.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Chewblocka wrote: »
    3v3 just favors more focused rosters imo. For example a max g12 NS squad can be split into 2 effective 3v3 squads for GA (usually defense).
    3v3 favors players who planned for it. A maxed NS squad can be split into one effective 3v3 squad and two spares who either become part of mixed squads or are dead weight. People who did not plan for it tend to be the ones complaining that 3v3 sucks. ;)
    Chewblocka wrote: »
    Whereas a person who has a roster filled with one or two G12 toons various different squads is usually going to be more effective in 5v5 GAs.
    Tell that to my opponents. >:)
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    Qi’ra, vandor, and either nest or l3 holds extremely well for me, and none of those are gear 12. Grievous lead with b1 and magna is another great one. Carth Z and Mission. Maul, savage, and assassin. Palp, Vader, thrawn/badstila.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 makes it easier for some toons to solo entire teams on offense as well though. For example Sion can easily take on a lot of 3v3 teams by himself, whereas 5v1 with higher DPS he can be killed more easily. If enemy places JKR/GMY/Jolee you run Traya, Nihilus, Thrawn and can easily kill that and Sion can be used to solo some teams.