Platform specific events - Comments (Merged threads)

Prev1345
Naecabon
1243 posts Member
edited March 2016
Am I seeing things right? There's an... exclusive event? ...what? This is what "exclusive to Google Play" means, correct?

Am I taking crazy pills? I thought the whole push was to make things the same for everyone... I mean, that is what that whole nonsensical public statement about banning energy saving was built around, right? Obviously, a lot of us know that's just a public facade and not REALLY why they did it, but I mean... they did at least TRY to make it seem like it was in the spirit of making things "even for everyone."

So now we have exclusive events? Am I the only one seeing the hypocrisy in these decisions? How can you make public statements that your goal in decision making is to make the play experience as even for everyone as possible while then implementing events only a portion of the playerbase get to participate in? How is this fair / logical? What am I missing here?

Replies

• Options
    Is this going to be the norm? Currently, Android users have a Droid Challenge that gives them a slight competitive edge (little as it may be) and more content than iOS users. I really would not have much of a problem if we were all on different servers but we are not from what I can gather. I own several of both devices so I could have played on either. But you cannot cross play your account. iOS users were never informed before playing the game that Android users would be getting bonus content that may or may not give them a competitive edge. My point is that you take iOS users money like you take Android users money and you place them on the same servers. Why should iOS users continue to play the game if Android users will continue to get a slight competitive edge? Who is to say that a character may only be Android specific or vice versa in the future. If the scenario were flipped I still see this as an issue. I understand that Android users had a jump on the competition but that did not give them an edge as users are placed on the same servers by the time they installed the game. This does not bother me.
  • Options
    Although we don't know if IOS will get anything, your battle is truly with Apple, not EA/CG.

Also, the advantage gained by Google Play users is negligible at best.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. It's not unpresidented either, since iOS and android got different rewards a while back (Poe vs phasma). I don't know why they wouldn't do the same for both platforms. Especially with an event like this. Even if they started iOS after they ended android, it's still bad. Yoda isn't gated by platform, and neither should this.
  • Options
    Who knows what the actual event is or how it will run if at all. I thought it was common knowledge that apple products are inferior in every conceivable way.
  • Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    Although we don't know if IOS will get anything, your battle is truly with Apple, not EA/CG.

Also, the advantage gained by Google Play users is negligible at best.

Not sure how it is Apples fault. Unless it was give me this amount of money to have exclusives and apple refused. Still falls more on EA/CG. I am pretty sure Apple did not say there can not be any events. I also agree that it is only a small advantage but it is an advantage nonetheless in a competitive type game. It hurts FTP more than PTP and it really has no effect on me as I have a full 7* squad of droids and I am PTP. My concern is the precedence it sets and not to keen on continuing to play or spend money if a competive edge is given to a preferred platform if we are on the same server. I would just like to be told now rather than later that it is going to happen more.

• xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Am I seeing things right? There's an... exclusive event? ...what? This is what "exclusive to Google Play" means, correct?
    ?

It's probably Google making this happen rather than CG or EA
    Post edited by xJazzx on
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I started a thread complaining about this when news of it broke late last week. I was shouted down by a bunch of fanboys insisting there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, because if Google dangles something in front of EA, they apparently have no ability to say "no thank you that would be unfair to our Apple users".
    Nope, this billion-dollar company HAD TO do this! Because... free advertising! Otherwise nobody would know about this game with over 5,000,000 installs!
    The one constant remains: wallet first, everything else somewhere down the list.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    The energy cap limit was to get more money.

The Google play event is to get more money.

Sorry EA tried to confuse you, but obviously that's their only intention.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

Okay let me rephrase - I understand everything is about more money, I'm only confused as to how any company could think we're this stupid.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Okay let me rephrase - I understand everything is about more money, I'm only confused as to how any company could think we're this stupid.

They don't care. They do what they want, they make a million bucks a day, and if you don't like it, too bad. That's basically the bottom line at this point.
    I was warned about EA titles back in November. But, well, see the signature. :)
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

They don't care.

I like you.
  • Options

Because they don't care if you or I quit.

There's always going to be more whales.

Even though you are probably in the top 0.1% of spenders your opinion just like mine doesn't mean anything.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I like you.

Don't worry, it's just a phase. :)
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

Even though you are probably in the top 0.1% of spenders your opinion just like mine doesn't mean anything.

Doesn't this one affect anyone on iOS though? I mean, this isn't exactly a whale specific shot fired
  • Options
    If I'm right, the event only gives training droids? I'm ok on that
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Credits, training droids, toon shards.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

In unknown quantities so nobody knows if it's worth even putting resources into this. *sigh*
  • Options
    Note - Merging the platform specific comments into this thread. :)
  • Options

Doesn't this one affect anyone on iOS though? I mean, this isn't exactly a whale specific shot fired

Yeah that's right. But iOS users who aren't on the forums won't even know that there is an event happening. The small percentage who are on the forum will voice their opinion, but EA won't care.

I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter, I'm saying that ultimately no one's opinions matter.

As long as they have decent profits it doesn't matter what we say or do.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

In unknown quantities so nobody knows if it's worth even putting resources into this. *sigh*

I'll never know. I'm on iOS.
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's the same reason that Samsung users got the free Droid pack. Because it's a android/Google product. It's just a clever tie in to Droids. I assume they are either working on an apple event, or Apple wasn't interested in the promo. EA did it to all of the Playstation players withat 4 Call of duty releases in a row. XBOX players got access to the new DLC a month before PS players did. It caused a Huge amount of crying and whining.
  • Options
    I understand that if Google offers CG a ton of money for exclusive content they're gonna do it. But they should at least have separate servers for iOS and Android so that Android players can't farm droids faster than iOS players simply due to the device they're playing on.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's the same reason that Samsung users got the free Droid pack. Because it's a android/Google product. It's just a clever tie in to Droids. I assume they are either working on an apple event, or Apple wasn't interested in the promo. EA did it to all of the Playstation players withat 4 Call of duty releases in a row. XBOX players got access to the new DLC a month before PS players did. It caused a Huge amount of crying and whining.

I get what you're saying, but this isn't the same as a pack. CG had to actually take development time and resources to put in an event that a bunch of people can't access because of their platform. At a time when the game is now pushing 1/3 of a year since launch and there's still almost no actual content.
    Not right.
  • Options
    So would it help if we all went to iTunes App Store and rated 1*. Explain in comments that android users should get app but not iOS.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

I'll never know. I'm on iOS.

That might be a blessing in disguise. I'm pumping 1600 tokens a day into HK-47 and it may be for no real reason.
  • Options

They do not care about us, only what is in our bank accounts. I for one have put yup with it in hopes. But what the OP said here is absolutely correct. They say to make things the same for all, then take a big check and develop content and rewards for google only. How stupid do they think we are here? Seriously. Very bad business. I will not spend anymore money until IOS gets equal treatment.
  • Options

Yeah that's right. But iOS users who aren't on the forums won't even know that there is an event happening. The small percentage who are on the forum will voice their opinion, but EA won't care.

I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter, I'm saying that ultimately no one's opinions matter.

As long as they have decent profits it doesn't matter what we say or do.

So we post all over the Apple store make others aware. That simple.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    So would it help if we all went to iTunes App Store and rated 1*. Explain in comments that android users should get app but not iOS.

When i chose my first smartphone, i chose android because android users appears to be more mature. I was not disappointed.
    Also, my country is excluded from the droid "event". Do i have to act like a 5 year old spoiled brat because i don't get it? No. I have more serious concerns that just 3 battles with minor rewards...
  • Options
    I posted this in another thread, I'll post it again here:

I'm not angry because android users will get some sort of advantage or anything (they won't BTW). I'm angry because precious dev time went into designing this event and only half (guesstimation) the player-base will have access to it.

New content should never be exclusive. End of story.

So much for being "fair".