Can we talk about gearing?

I think we all knew the excuse for the new purple pieces (alleviating the bottleneck on stun guns and cuffs) was a bit dishonest. But the Padme gear list just makes it a total joke. The new pieces aren’t replacing stun guns and cuffs in gear requirements. They are replacing the easy pieces we already have. Padme needs 5 stun guns, 5 Mk8 BioTech Implants and 5 stun cuffs in addition to 3 of the new pieces which, btw, still aren’t available in any raids or in any store except for crystals.

These gearing requirements are beyond ridiculous.

Replies

• Options
    An argument could be made that the new gear is here so we don't have to deal with anymore 400 carbanti support characters like Qi'ra or 600 carb tanks like Shore. Malak has 300 carbs when he could have easily had 500+ as a tank. Putting the p2w nature of the new gear aside, it does look like they're sort of reducing the gated gear needed on these characters.
    I'm not saying this to defend them. I of course think it's stupid how every character revolves around like 10 pieces of gear when we have hundreds of possible pieces available to use. IF the new gear were to become more accessible (re: TB/TW rewards, raid rewards, daily challenges, GET store or shard shop, etc.) then I would happily accept the new pieces as a means of halving the carbs/guns needed. As it stands I would rather them put more carbs back on characters because I at least know I'll be getting 45 salvage a week from challenges as opposed to having to buy these ridiculous new pieces for 2800 crystals each.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    These gearing requirements are beyond ridiculous.
    CG_Erik recently made a post hinting they will make Padme's gearing easier. So lets wait and see what they do tomorrow