3v3 territory war?

Prev1345
Prosser
284 posts Member
Anyone else notice the last TW in May is listed as 3v3? That should be.... interesting.

Replies

• Arus
    10 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's not interesting at all, it means the old strategy won't works anymore, and we need to put in hours and hours to figure out a new strategy for 3v3 tw.
    And using new strategy with unknown consequences is always stressful!
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Can these people make it any harder and more time-consuming for the guild TW leaders? We've got 4 TWs in the month and 2 will have some crazy bonuses that we'll find out about at the last minute and 1 will be complete chaos with 3 vs. 3 and then 1 normal TW.

@CG_SBCrumb do you guys have any idea how hard you're making it on those of us who plan and manage our guild TWs? We're close to the point of just saying screw it and letting everyone do whatever they want and not really trying and taking our 2 zetas. You thought GA was bad, wait until guilds start setting no TW defenses and just collect their 2nd place rewards.
  • Options
    I’m completely in favor of this. It’s not *that* out of the blue, we’ve had tons of 3v3 GA to figure it out.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Can these people make it any harder and more time-consuming for the guild TW leaders? We've got 4 TWs in the month and 2 will have some crazy bonuses that we'll find out about at the last minute and 1 will be complete chaos with 3 vs. 3 and then 1 normal TW.

@CG_SBCrumb do you guys have any idea how hard you're making it on those of us who plan and manage our guild TWs? We're close to the point of just saying screw it and letting everyone do whatever they want and not really trying and taking our 2 zetas. You thought GA was bad, wait until guilds start setting no TW defenses and just collect their 2nd place rewards.

This
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options
    I’m completely in favor of this. It’s not *that* out of the blue, we’ve had tons of 3v3 GA to figure it out.

GA is individual. Planning out a TW is nothing like GA. You have to take into account your entire guild's roster inventory and scout out the same for your opponent. You're setting entire zones of a couple dozen teams. Clearly you are not in charge of TWs for your guild.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    Options
    I’m looking forward to it. At least my Droids won’t blow up in a single turn.
  • Options
    I'm in, sounds fun. What's the worst that can happen?
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »

This

Is whining.
  • Options

GA is individual. Planning out a TW is nothing like GA. You have to take into account your entire guild's roster inventory and scout out the same for your opponent. You're setting entire zones of a couple dozen teams. Clearly you are not in charge of TWs for your guild.

Dont join. Sit out the TW. Stress removed. Youre welcome
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Fully in favor of this. Be very interesting to see guilds who sole purpose is TW implode from the new format
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 sucks bad idea
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Never said thx bra
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Arus wrote: »
    we need to put in hours and hours to figure out a new strategy for 3v3 tw.

This is overstating the case a little. Most effective 5v5 teams can be whittled down to a 3v3 version that works just as well or nearly so.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• yohann269
    375 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 TW is a horrible idea. The people who say don’t join obviously don’t plan highly competitive TWs. Those of us who do have no desire for 3v3. Just think how hard it is dealing with one DR/BSF/Malak squad in GA then multiply that by 50. There is no grinding that down. On top of that it’s planned for a holiday weeeknd in the US so you will have huge availability problems. Please @CG_SBCrumb reconsider this plan.
  • yohann269
    375 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    And you can’t just not join if you want to be competitive in this game. Giving up zetas willingly is asinine
  • yohann269
    375 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

This is overstating the case a little. Most effective 5v5 teams can be whittled down to a 3v3 version that works just as well or nearly so.

The counters are different and the mechanics are different. It is a ton of planning and trying to test
  • Arus
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

A lot of teams are good in 5v5 while sucks in 3v3, like the troopers, Ewoks, other teams like BH are much better in 3v3, counters are completely different.

And the number of teams that can put on defence in each territory will also change, which means you need to reorganize your guild's forces.

• hunchew
    70 posts Member
    Options
    I think Yohann hit the nail squarely on the head. This thing is bonkers for multiple reasons.
    Holiday weekend will seriously hurt participation. I am pretty sure that the number of teams per person will be doubled, or almost. And I really am NOT looking forward to 2 zones mostly filled with DR+Malak teams.

Please, please, please reconsider.
    I am really hoping it was just a copy-paste error and meant to say "Vanilla"
  • Jordylee24
    117 posts Member
    Options
    **** be tripping
  • Jordylee24
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Give us 30 or 35 teams per territory first
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options

So people who are in charge of TWs for their guild should sit out the TW and just let down their guildmates and let them fend for themselves? What a brilliant suggestion. Like I said, you're clearly not in charge of TWs for your guild, lmao.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    What's the worst that could happen? You get 2 zetas instead of 3.

I promise it will be ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Bring it on! >:)
  • Bigslow
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Meh.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Terrible idea in my opinion. I already foresee a bunch of my guild not signing up for it or not participating if they do.
  • capifico22
    370 posts Member
    Options
    We should probably remove the precious resource in the game from non-serious game modes.
  • EnderGamer87
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Would a 4v4 be a better compromise 😂. I personally like 3v3 over 5v5 because fighting the same dumb meta teams 8 times a day is boring. I can't wait to have 3v3 with bonuses.
  • Paulos999
    315 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    What's the worst that could happen? You get 2 zetas instead of 3.

I promise it will be ok.

This 3 vs 3 is fun and different stop moaning, we can’t have fun anymore because you TW officers don’t wanna have to spend some time thinking of new strategies.. then don’t do it, you chose to be TW officer.

3 vs 3 is fun.