About Padme’s Gear Update Today…

I want to start out by giving CG some praise today. This was a very quick turnaround in addressing yet another self-inflicted blunder. Realizing the contradictory nature of Padme’s kit compared to previous statements around diversifying gear requirements and coming up with the solution proposed is very much appreciated.

After reading today’s solution to the issue though, I’m not sure we’re being told the whole story still:

Quote 1 - "This was due to an error in the gear creation tool we use to design characters, which has been rectified."

Quote 2 - "To that end, we will not be changing any of Padmé Amidala’s gear as currently published. She’s tuned the way we’d like (using her current gear and stats)"

I could be wrong here (and if so please help me understand), but how are these not contradictory statements? On one hand, the tool used to create her kit was not working properly, but on the other hand her kit will not be altered because her kit is fine according to the testing process. Sounds fishy to me. How can she be over-geared due to an error in the gear building tool while at the same her kit is working as expected?

I can’t help but feel this has nothing to do with a tool not working properly, and is merely a face-saving statement plus a freebie after being called out once again for overly predatory practices.

Am I missing something here?

Replies

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Quote 1 - she is overly hard to gear

Quote 2 - with that in mind, we've tested her with the current gear and like how it works. Rather than delay the release to allow a rework of gear we're going to give you gear in the event

That's the way I read it.
  • Options
    Am I not correct in assuming that if she had been geared with pieces that was easier to obtain, that gear would not have been as powerful?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Am I not correct in assuming that if she had been geared with pieces that was easier to obtain, that gear would not have been as powerful?

Nope, its easy to get all the stats that these harder to farm gear give from other pieces of gear, plus if you adjust her bast stats even easier. Everything a stun gun gives can be given elsewhere, you seen the tiny amount of strength a eyeball gives? Easy to give that on another piece of gear.
  • Options
    Cool beans...
    Gorem wrote: »

Nope, its easy to get all the stats that these harder to farm gear give from other pieces of gear, plus if you adjust her bast stats even easier. Everything a stun gun gives can be given elsewhere, you seen the tiny amount of strength a eyeball gives? Easy to give that on another piece of gear.

Thanks for clarifying for this noob. :)
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

Only if that strength already exists on a piece of gear. Otherwise they have to make new gear.

Granted, adjusting the base stats should be simple enough, but they might have been balancing her across multiple gear levels. Providing us with the "excessive" gear is a simple, yet very effective solution to the problem, that could be done very quickly.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Makes you wonder if the same "game creation tool" was actually responsible for Canderous needing identical gear at G7/G8, and Raid Gear at G7, but they were like "meh".
  • Options
    Gear creation tool - I'm skeptical this exists. They make one new toon a month at this rate, can someone not manually decide what gear that toon should have? I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but how much time was saved by writing code for a tool to determine the gear for new characters. Versus someone manually saying, they should have this gear for gear 8 and this gear for gear 9 and so on.
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Gear creation tool - I'm skeptical this exists.
    Might be a cash register.

I‘M PICKLE RICK!