Game has evolved- 5 attempts per hard node is outdated

Many discussions on this but needed to leave my own feedback. You’ve added so many toons- legendaries- ships- metas- dropping back from 8-5 attempts makes the game unplayable unless as ftp. Which I guess as a business - you are trying to eliminate. But I would say - that’s not a sustainable business plan. It would take YEARS to farm all hard node toons and ships at 5 attempts. You are going to lose player base if you don’t revert it back. Just my two cents, If cg even cares.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Many discussions on this but needed to leave my own feedback. You’ve added so many toons- legendaries- ships- metas- dropping back from 8-5 attempts makes the game unplayable unless as ftp. Which I guess as a business - you are trying to eliminate. But I would say - that’s not a sustainable business plan. It would take YEARS to farm all hard node toons and ships at 5 attempts. You are going to lose player base if you don’t revert it back. Just my two cents, If cg even cares.

When you look at it from the perspective of the collective amount of time it would take to farm all hard node characters in the game, the change from 8 to 5 has no effect whatsoever. The total number of attempts you can do is limited by the amount of energy you have (given whatever number of energy refreshes you are willing to do), and if you do 8 attempts on 5 different nodes or 5 attempts on 8 different nodes, the total amount of time it will take to farm everything is identical. The only difference is when you finish any particular character.
  • Options
    Yea but it will take substantial time to unlock a character now. That goes against a game moving forward. You don’t regress. Especially when you are constantly adding toons
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Yea but it will take substantial time to unlock a character now. That goes against a game moving forward. You don’t regress. Especially when you are constantly adding toons

I mean. You're basically saying that temporary bonuses are not allowed. They aren't allowed to revert them, so they just can't ever give them to us in the first place.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options

What does this have to do with the game moving forward or where it’s been in the past? I fail to see why it matters if it takes 2 weeks to farm a character or 2 years. It is what it is. Yeah, I liked 8 to, but oh well.

As has already been stated, this only impacts you if you a) need to have a specific character right away or b) simply have no one else to farm. Neither of those are hindered by there being more characters available.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Funny enough, I was buying and using crystals for hard nodes when I had 8 attempts. Since it was reduced to 5, I stopped. I'm still occasionally buying crystals for cantina but I'm spending much less than I used to. Less money for CG.
  • SuliX
    2 posts Member
    Options
    The game is very frustrating with the change from 8 to 5 hard node attempts, please go back to 8 or maybe even more, the game is too slow and will be gated behind energy anyway.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    Options
    Remember when it was 3??? That was the woooorrrrrrrrsssssstttttt. How they've convinced me to play this game for so long I'll never understand, so big time kudos to player development people.

Back to the topic at hand. I agree that 5 attempts is too few since almost all characters and ships are now a single node farm and I imagine the game is trending to where ALL characters and ships are only available in a single location (whether it be shops or nodes). Thus, the time to farm characters that were on 2 or more nodes has significantly increased. Plus, tenured players get all newly released characters. So a new player starting from scratch has fewer locations to farm and is starting on every existing customer from a deficit.

I'm not going to do the math on how this impacts character progress towards 7*, but I will say that my OCD would prefer if you increased the attempts per node to 6 so I can knock out the daily quest on a single node.

That took a strange twist, but I'm sticking with it.

PS - thank you, CG, for removing the DS / LS requirement and just making it 6 attempts. Insane people like me were getting frustrated at having to do 3 sims on a normal light side node so that I could max all energy toward the guild activity and vice versa on LS days
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    the game become old, so if you want new player come in the game the farming as to become faster
    If not, the new player will stop the game!
    In a game who already have 4 years, join end game can't take the same time than the older player made.
    Reach lvl 85 just take 5-6month for a very regular player having a competive team to arena and for legendary trium 18-24 month so in better case you will take 2 years to join old player so the game will have 6 years... a mobile game who live 6 years is very rare... so new player will stop play and a game without new player is a future dead game.

Post edited by Jenjhys on