Know what I care about? Remove the mod cap

Alright I’m all fired up about this once again since I just purged some mods but title says it all.

I’m a huge fan of the game, I don’t care about changing metas, units that needs reworks after a few weeks in the field, that’s all fine and dandy to me. I play this game at my own pace and I love it. Currently loving everything going on with the GR tune ups and reworks and I’m excited to see how the Padmé event goes tomorrow.

But the mod cap is a seriously annoying QOL issue that needs addressing. If there’s to be a cap, make it more user friendly to work on and sell off mods. If that can’t be done (or is wayyy far out in the development cycle, which is understandable) remove the cap.

Replies

• fletchmars
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Why do you have so many mods? It’s been ages since I’ve hit the mod cap. Clean out/assign mods regularly and you shouldn’t have a problem. Most recently I haven’t even been farming new mods but instead slicing the ones I’ve already got in my inv. Not to brag (actually it is) but I got 3 new mods above 15 speed in the last 2 weeks from slicing!!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I just hit my cap again... it's very annoying. A great solution would be to allow us to reject mods we don't want from rewards.
  • StratosF34r
    69 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    What they should allow us to filter:

1) Filter by mod levels. We would level up to a certain level to roll out an ideal secondary stat (usually speed). If it doesn't roll out one, we stop wasting credits leveling it. Hence, it becomes a trash mod. So, probably a filter to show mods NOT at max level.

2) Excluding mods with selected stat(s). Eg. Allow us to select mods that DON'T have a speed secondary and delete all of them away.
  • Options
    fletchmars wrote: »
    Why do you have so many mods? It’s been ages since I’ve hit the mod cap. Clean out/assign mods regularly and you shouldn’t have a problem. Most recently I haven’t even been farming new mods but instead slicing the ones I’ve already got in my inv. Not to brag (actually it is) but I got 3 new mods above 15 speed in the last 2 weeks from slicing!!

I haven't farmed mods in ages either, but we get thrm all the time from events. Selling them is annoying and the cap is kind of useless, as there is no possible abuse, at least I think there's not
  • fletchmars
    156 posts Member
    Options

I haven't farmed mods in ages either, but we get thrm all the time from events. Selling them is annoying and the cap is kind of useless, as there is no possible abuse, at least I think there's not

They would have to store all the data from the mods on their servers? That’s all I can think of
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Maybe it's a limitation of the software or something?
  • usArmyJedi
    351 posts Member
    Options
    I also hit the cap very often. Pls increase it
  • DaarthBrewer
    1961 posts Member
    Options
    Limitation in the software. What about the thousands upon thousands of Mace challenge gear?
    Nope.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Limitation in the software. What about the thousands upon thousands of Mace challenge gear?
    Nope.

Yeah but that's just keeping track of a single value, every mod is unique. Still idk, just a guess.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    2) Excluding mods with selected stat(s). Eg. Allow us to select mods that DON'T have a speed secondary and delete all of them away.

Go to sell screen. Sort by speed. It will order by worst to best, but it includes all mods, so the first mods will be ones without that stat. Click on those. Sell. Profit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I’ve already got all mods to Level 15 on characters in matching sets (even CUP!) and have sorted and sold off everything that doesn’t include Speed and/or isn't a Crit Damage triangle. I’ve now moved on to selling off all Grey and Green mods, but I’m almost done and will need to move on to Blue ones before too long.

One (seemingly) easy QOL update I’d also love to see would be setting up a way to straight up swap mods with units, so when I need to temporarily put a good speed mod on Grievous I’m not knee-capping the unit I took it from if it’s a commonly used one for me.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Yes please! Or find some way to not punish us in GA/TW for having mods equipped.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).