Im not even happy I unlocked padme?

Prev1
Docx
94 posts Member
Whale here, top in arenas, always win GA, most the time win TWs, and now I have a separatist droid squad with one zeta, a GR team with zero zetas, and a complete lack of desire to gear up new squads unless they are meta for either arena or fleets.

The zeta income since the gg rework until now, compared to how many characters have been released with necessary zetas is out of control. If I can’t zeta up the needed abilities please explain why I would care to gear them up and spend crystals? I know we are getting a free zeta but that’s not going to fix the issue. Either stop with the zetas on characters or give us more opportunities to earn them. Yes I have padme, yes I have malak. Players under 2 years are at a massive disadvantage with mods and zetas, but with mods you can at least spend crystals to “even” the playing field, zetas are an entirely different story.

Gg 1-2
Droideka maybe 1
B1 -1
B2 -1

Dr 3
Hk 1-2
Malak 2

GK 1
Anakin 1
Snips 1
Padmé 2

Me being at the .... tip of the spear .... I assure you I earn a zeta every 9-10 days on average. So let’s say 15 of these are needed which would take 150 days to obtain, since January 1st we are now only 122 days into the year leaving you a month away from being able to complete all of this. I’m certain new reworks and characters are in the works with 1-2 zetas on every one, please explain why I want to gear them up if I can’t zeta them up? The zetas are the biggest issue I have with the game currently and is the sole reason for me to NOT want to spend.

Replies

• Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they’ll introduce zeta packs
  • Options
    Well written post. The lack of zetas is becoming an epidemic.
  • Bgcarste
    16 posts Member
    Options
    The omega crunch isn’t much better. Some characters don’t have zetas but everyone needs omegas. Both omegas and zetas should be more accessible.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    Options
    This game is at the end of its lifespan.

I saw this happening with many other mobile games. Sad.

Guess I’ll move on soon.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    Bgcarste wrote: »
    The omega crunch isn’t much better. Some characters don’t have zetas but everyone needs omegas. Both omegas and zetas should be more accessible.

I agree, but at least omegas you can frequently get with crystals. Pretty much every bottleneck in this game you can alleviate by using your crystals. That will either hurt your wallet if you are buying extra, or hurt whatever else those crystals aren’t going to if you are using your “income” crystals, but still, there is a way to get past it. Zetas there is literally nothing you can do if you are already getting 1st in arena. It’s never really made sense to me.
  • Mithos
    109 posts Member
    Options
    You waste zetas or what? Im f2p and just got revan and have a full zeta revan and team and all the droid zetas and with the free zeta i will have 3 of the GR zetas, thats all from this year alone lol i have a ton of them and some are wasted, read the flow of the game and save zeta when you need to
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Docx wrote: »
    Whale here, top in arenas, always win GA, most the time win TWs, and now I have a separatist droid squad with one zeta, a GR team with zero zetas, and a complete lack of desire to gear up new squads unless they are meta for either arena or fleets.

The zeta income since the gg rework until now, compared to how many characters have been released with necessary zetas is out of control. If I can’t zeta up the needed abilities please explain why I would care to gear them up and spend crystals? I know we are getting a free zeta but that’s not going to fix the issue. Either stop with the zetas on characters or give us more opportunities to earn them. Yes I have padme, yes I have malak. Players under 2 years are at a massive disadvantage with mods and zetas, but with mods you can at least spend crystals to “even” the playing field, zetas are an entirely different story.

Gg 1-2
    Droideka maybe 1
    B1 -1
    B2 -1

Dr 3
    Hk 1-2
    Malak 2

GK 1
    Anakin 1
    Snips 1
    Padmé 2

Me being at the .... tip of the spear .... I assure you I earn a zeta every 9-10 days on average. So let’s say 15 of these are needed which would take 150 days to obtain, since January 1st we are now only 122 days into the year leaving you a month away from being able to complete all of this. I’m certain new reworks and characters are in the works with 1-2 zetas on every one, please explain why I want to gear them up if I can’t zeta them up? The zetas are the biggest issue I have with the game currently and is the sole reason for me to NOT want to spend.

Balance is key. If Zetas become buyable chaos will arise. Also, your a whale so stop tryna buy yourself Zetas.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Here's how I read this post:

"I win at everything always, and I won at this, but I'm upset that winning at this won't make me win even more at other things, which I also already win."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Docx
    94 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I’m not advocating zetas to be purchasable, only more accessible such as in every GA and not alternating each time for the rewards. New character zetas shouldn’t outpace player zeta income, it’s not healthy and it prohibits newer players progression.

Malak x2, dr x3, hk x2, cls lead, 3po wt f, gg unique, mission, carth since I started tracking at the New Years. Most everyone saying zeta income is fine is a combination of older players who have 60+ zetas and or f2p with less teams which is fine, but please tell me why I should spend crystals on shards and gear if I can’t make the teams viable with the necessary zetas?

• Options
    Zeta in GA are an outrage. The format is just not stable enough. I am also a whale. Yesterday I lost GA because I had a crash on my DR team, and a freeze at the end of my JKR team on offense. I also had 6 separate client restarts yesterday and multiple other freezes that didn’t effect GA.

I lost by 9 points having managed to clear anyway.

This has been my ongoing experience of GA from day one, but is always worse after an update. Atleast one match always occurs just after an update, and before niggles are resolved.

I acknowledge that internet speeds in China add to my problems as compared to others, but Zetas are the top reward in the game and they should be more earnable through the game (how about raid rewards update), however they should not be a reward for having faster internet, which is what they become if in GA.

I would make the argument that China is now the largest spending nation in the world on mobile games, but regrettably the platform problems in SWGOH has largely alienated the once healthy China player base. Star Wars is not as popular here so the game has to survive on its merits as a game. Sadly it hasn’t.

If they can resolve the crashing issues, which I would guess are not isolated to China (anyone with slower internet), then I wouldn’t object to zetas as a regular GA prize.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I’m in the same boat. Newer whale and it’s becoming pointless to gear up new stuff because I can’t keep up with the zetas to make the teams viable. I get first in fleet every day and only buy zetas. I can’t keep up with the new releases much less go back and zeta stuff from before I started playing like CLS, Bariss, Maul, Troopers, etc. I have no incentive to spend anymore really. Until the zeta drought is fixed I can basically make every second squad they release viable.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    Options
    Me being at the .... tip of the spear .... I assure you I earn a zeta every 9-10 days on average

Eh? I'm about as far at the butt end of the spear as you could be lol and I earn more Zetas than that!

Currently have 78 in the bank waiting to do something with.

• Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    Options
    I've been contemplating writing a similar post to the OP. I'm genuinely concerned about the imbalance of ability mats with the increase in toons that need them. While I am unsure of the necessity of increasing zetas on their own. I do think that the purple and gold ability mats availability should be increased.

Keep zetas as a paywall of sorts if necessary but increase the number of and drop rates of the other two. Zetas should be hard to get and we should be trying to figure out which toon should get one. As the power increase can be significant. But there needs to be a little bit more of an ease to get toons just prior to applying zetas.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Me being at the .... tip of the spear .... I assure you I earn a zeta every 9-10 days on average

Eh? I'm about as far at the butt end of the spear as you could be lol and I earn more Zetas than that!

I'm pretty sure he means a full zeta lol not 1/20.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    If you're already at the top **** difference does it make? You want to spend to what? Stay where you are?
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he means a full zeta lol not 1/20.

Ah, I've got ya, thanks.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    If you're already at the top **** difference does it make? You want to spend to what? Stay where you are?

The point is that whales are no longer at the top. I just chewed up a whale in GA because their gearing had outpaced their ability to zeta/mod their toons. This wasn't one of those stupid bloated whales, either. They had done all the right things with their roster.

Whaling on gear brings you into a GP bracket with players who have been around and earning zetas for longer.

The core argument is that if zeta abilities are being introduced into the game faster than zeta mats, then:

A ) nobody will ever be able to have all the zetas. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it irks the completionist in me.
    B ) new players will never be able to zeta old teams because they'll always need to be focused on the hottest new thing, especially with the introduction of harder legendaries and mythic battles which require zetas even to unlock new characters.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    boohoo :(
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

B ) new players will never be able to zeta old teams because they'll always need to be focused on the hottest new thing, especially with the introduction of harder legendaries and mythic battles which require zetas even to unlock new characters.

This! I’ve been preaching this forever. In every thread on this subject. I would gladly spend money to gear and farm some of the older decent squads but what’s the point if I can never zeta them to make them viable? All these new squads they are releasing take 4-8 zetas. How am I supposed to zeta these new squads AND go back and zeta some of the older ones that were put in the game before I started playing? I will ALWAYS be behind on zetas compared to older players, which directly impacts GA. Besides that, it disincentives me from spending to gear older squads.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Basically you have everything, so if you have enough zetas to spare to the newest (GR for now) teams, how about ppl store his/her zetas and wait for his/her beloved faction?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Here's how I read this post:

"I win at everything always, and I won at this, but I'm upset that winning at this won't make me win even more at other things, which I also already win."
    Good job reading a completely different post than what was posted
  • Options
    I'm not a whale, but OP makes a really good argument. The zeta crunch is real for everyone, but CG does need to pay attention to how it affects those who keep the lights on - this is a collection game, and for those who are spending to win 'at everything' (in the words of the comments), it's not a good omen that payers hesitate when they come to such hard zeta requirements in the new characters they cannot buy their way past, which makes purchasing accessories for these new characters less appealing. The zeta supply has been the same since fleet challenges and MT, Wicket events were released, while the pace at which zeta abilities are released has increased dramatically. That this imbalance disincentives spenders from spending on gear is bad for CG and increasing the pace of zeta acquisitions closer to the pace of new zetas seems like it would benefit everyone.
  • Options
    The zeta crunch is real for everyone,

No, it's not.
    Forum says, I'm playing this game since November 2015. Starting a little dolphinish at the beginning, I switched to be F2P completely for various reasons. As of today, I bought a 20th zeta-mat for a full zeta - which I don't know whom to give it to. Most of the zeta-abilities a crap. You're just needing some of them zetas.
    Well, I got the zeta on FO TIE Pilot! What a waste...
    Farming a new toon takes so much time, if you're not having the needed zetas ready when having the said toon 7*/GXII plus some zetas to spare on older toons, your whaling is wrong.

• FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Options

No, it's not.
    Forum says, I'm playing this game since November 2015. Starting a little dolphinish at the beginning, I switched to be F2P completely for various reasons. As of today, I bought a 20th zeta-mat for a full zeta - which I don't know whom to give it to. Most of the zeta-abilities a crap. You're just needing some of them zetas.
    Farming a new toon takes so much time, if you're not having the needed zetas ready when having the said toon 7*/GXII plus some zetas to spare on older toons, your whaling is wrong.

Link your roster and let us see how wise you've been with your zeta allocations.

Farming a new toon takes no time at all if you whale. That's the whole point of this thread. The zeta bottleneck is a disincentive to spending money, increasingly so since CG has been pushing 2/3 zeta toons on us with increasing frequency.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options

No, it's not.

Again I would like to point out, this prohibits NEWER players, you’ve been playing since release of course you have a ton of zeta materials but with games you must allow new blood to come in and compete which is on the verge of impossible. I’m nearly 18 months in, I can’t imagine how someone at 12 months and is a whale is feeling.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Reptillor wrote: »
    Zetas are far too easily accessible as is. You shouldnt be able to zeta every new character. You have to pick and choose which one you want to zeta.

Did you even read the thread?
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Reptillor wrote: »
    Of course this guy wants to zeta all the droids, zeta revan and his malak, and zeta everyone else as well. Of course he is trying to pander to newer players which I am one. I will get my Zetas in due time, I dont need some greedy sob telling us we need more access to a material that should be rare just cause he thinks he deserves it.

*sigh*

You don't understand the problem because you're not one of the players affected, you haven't even been playing long enough to understand what the problem is.

Crumb has already acknowledged that this is an issue and has taken it to the development team. Don't worry yourself about it, everything will be fine.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    The mad scramble to push out hero after hero, and obvious push to increase revenues could be pointing to EOL. With Anthem tanking, and Apex Legends failing to keep up with Fortnites updates, I think EA is taking a long hard look at all it's studios and the axe is about to fall on many of them.