• Grimstoned
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Swgoh was fun while it lasted - Everyone 2019
  • crzydroid
    7341 posts Moderator
    Options
    Chaac_Maul wrote: »
    I unlocked her, but these events are getting out control. They are not fun at all. You’re supposed to enjoy them, but there is no joy in facing an op squad with a broken faction with little to no synergy at all. You go in and spend hours hoping for perfect rng. That’s not my idea of fun. I get that they intended for the GG and the Sep droids to beat it, but why not just say so and not waste people’s time on this monstrosity. Not looking for the next broken ridiculous ****.

This was a huge step back from what was a very enjoyable Malak event.

I'll disagree there in terms of my own experience.
    I couldn't even enter the lightside battle because I still had two characters I couldn't get to 17,500 power in four days. Not being able to even attempt it = no fun. So after a few months of spending every crystal I had refreshing Old Republic nodes and being able to get Darth Revan the first time, I still got locked out of top 20 arena because of an arbitrary power requirement that prevented me from even entering the event. I was soured on the game for a while.

Yesterday, after many frustrating attempts, I still felt an adrenaline rush and a thrill. And despite Ventress being the only one of my Seps worth her salt when the event was announced as Legendary, my strategy paid off in the end and I got 6* right before bed last night. T7 is way out of my league even given the whole week I think, but I'm quite satisfied and will farm Grievous and the droids for next time.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    it is not fun or skill based when a tier 5 requires you g12 toons and that's not even enough! maybe if you have gg, b2 and tons of luck..

I did 6* on my second try with no GG and a G8 B2.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/characters/?f=Separatist
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Altazarus wrote: »
    Ehm, even if he uses geo ships, you reall think he would have made his geos G12+ with 6E mods on at least +130 speed per toon just to use the ships? And you expect THAT team to beat HT + Falcon teams in ship arena to make it worth the effort even remotely?

Geo's were number one counter to HT pre falcon under thrawn. Before HT Geos were best ship team in game under ackbar...... G12'ing Geos was a simple path to 400 crystals a day for a long time. If your current GA opponent does not have a falcon you can set yours on D and use the Genos to crush whatever he has.

Spy works for 2-3 million in HSTR under ZZauura if your embo is not done yet (attacker/OHKO swords with special and stealth).

Geos are pretty solid..... wasn't SunFac part of the meta in Arena way back ?

Poe, ITF, (FOTP then Silencer) was good for 400 a day (used to gear Genos)
    Geo's were good for 400 a day. (used to farm BH and get falcon)
    Now Falcon is good for 400 a day (used to finish off most ships to ensure 400 a day)

Geos a big part of that
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Altazarus wrote: »
    Ehm, even if he uses geo ships, you reall think he would have made his geos G12+ with 6E mods on at least +130 speed per toon just to use the ships? And you expect THAT team to beat HT + Falcon teams in ship arena to make it worth the effort even remotely?

Geo's were number one counter to HT pre falcon under thrawn. Before HT Geos were best ship team in game under ackbar...... G12'ing Geos was a simple path to 400 crystals a day for a long time. If your current GA opponent does not have a falcon you can set yours on D and use the Genos to crush whatever he has.

Completely agree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmmm ... when the Description by CG says G10 with lvl 5 mods but a 92k team with 2 G12, 2 G11 and 1 G10 cant do it. That sure doesnt seem right.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Mark2theb wrote: »
    Jeddiewan wrote: »
    I'm no longer going to play at there game. I'll get Padme whenever. I'm going to just work on the toons I like from now on. It's too much too fast, and I'm just over it.

This is the best decision and one I decided on a while back. I refuse to become a whale, better things to spend money on in this life, imho, I will just enjoy plugging along, gearing up toons that interest me and be happy with that. I am not so competitive that I need to be first in a game on my phone.

Once you make this decision, the game is fun again. :smiley:

So you don't like Padme?

• Options
    If you choos the right toons they have some use elsewhere. Asajj is good with ns. Dooku is good in a b sith team. And there ate enough prior meta sith to have room for two or three sith teams.

The other 3 I decided to use were b2, Magnaguard, and sun fac. Partly because I already had them at 7 stars but also because gearing them isn't a complete waste.

B2 and Magnaguard are part of the eventual gg team that is good. And it's always useful to have a 3rd ship tank available for ga and tw so sunfac is ot a waste to gear (even if you don't gear the other bugs)

I beat t6 with g11 dooku, g12 asajj, g10 b2, g9 Magnaguard, and g8 sunfac. It was hard but doable. So you can get away with one or 2 g8 or g9 characters but not a g12 and the rest g5. You need to have the cannon fodder last long enough to get padme out and then asajj's zeta starts ramping up the dmg when you killed padme and they killed 3 of your team. But if your team dies too early asajj can't get through on her own.

But the good news is that by the time you lose three and take out padme, asajj has enough dmg to one shot anakin. And even if fish jolee brings him back yoy can keep one shotting him, healing, and stacking offense. But even that works best if you have at least 2 people alive so they don't focus on asajj and kill her too soon.

And finally this event is beatable ftp. Yes, you have to gear toons higher. But we had the full week's notice and a week for the event (not to mention months of speculation) so if you aren't ready it's not cgs fault. This was much better than the day of notice and 2 day event with a hard gear req that was malak.

• Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I unlocked her, but these events are getting out control. They are not fun at all. You’re supposed to enjoy them, but there is no joy in facing an op squad with a broken faction with little to no synergy at all. You go in and spend hours hoping for perfect rng. That’s not my idea of fun. I get that they intended for the GG and the Sep droids to beat it, but why not just say so and not waste people’s time on this monstrosity. Not looking for the next broken ridiculous ****.

I couldn't even enter the lightside battle because I still had two characters I couldn't get to 17,500 power in four days. Not being able to even attempt it = no fun. So after a few months of spending every crystal I had refreshing Old Republic nodes and being able to get Darth Revan the first time, I still got locked out of top 20 arena because of an arbitrary power requirement that prevented me from even entering the event. I was soured on the game for a while.

Yesterday, after many frustrating attempts, I still felt an adrenaline rush and a thrill. And despite Ventress being the only one of my Seps worth her salt when the event was announced as Legendary, my strategy paid off in the end and I got 6* right before bed last night. T7 is way out of my league even given the whole week I think, but I'm quite satisfied and will farm Grievous and the droids for next time.

I agree with this man right here, I felt so defeated after getting DR only to see I needed Malak.... Being able to unlock Padme with only having to take B2 to gear 10 was so refreshing and to unlock her FTP! wowzers, Thanks CG ill get her 7* next time.

• Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

I feel you with malak. Same thing happened to me. But you can still beat malak teams without malak. Just make your darth revan and dark bastilla as fast as possible. I also throw thrawn in there with speed mods. He's faster than dark bastilla so you can pass a turn to her if needed. Depends on your mods. I use shore trooper as a 5th since ferocity makes sith trooper more squishy and that isn't desirable in a tank.

You can also put in gmy as a 5th. If he's faster than dark bastilla he gives tenacity up and you can resist her corrupted battle meditation.

Hope some of that helps. I still take top 5 with those strats.