Fun event

I enjoyed the Padme event. It was challenging and forced me to learn to use some toons I had never bothered with before. Yes, it was hard and took a lot of attempts to win. However, those attempts were quick, unlike some past events where every try took 10 minutes or more to reach the failure point.

I know a lot of people want to hit an easy button and get every new toon, but I'm glad recent Legendary and Journey events have been so hard. It should feel like an accomplishment to get these iconic toons!

Replies

• Options
    oevyuv4e7uut.png
    I know a lot of people want to hit an easy button and get every new toon,

That's not what I want. But I want a fair play button.
    The above is my separatist roster. It should be enough to unlock tier 5 - in my opinion.
    But it's not. I tried several times, moved my Arena-team-mods around, shifted toons and leadership.
    And it's not enough.
    Five 7*/GXII toons are not enough for tier 5...

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I unlocked padme, and even I think this is a troll. Some are saying its ridiculous, you say it's fun. I say it's somewhere in the middle, far from either.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Options
    oevyuv4e7uut.png

The above is my separatist roster. It should be enough to unlock tier 5 - in my opinion.
    But it's not. I tried several times, moved my Arena-team-mods around, shifted toons and leadership.
    And it's not enough.

eew3amgdcs6k.png

kh6yjklmwstj.png

I unlocked with those seps mate so you should be able to do it

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the Padme event. It was challenging and forced me to learn to use some toons I had never bothered with before. Yes, it was hard and took a lot of attempts to win. However, those attempts were quick, unlike some past events where every try took 10 minutes or more to reach the failure point.

I know a lot of people want to hit an easy button and get every new toon, but I'm glad recent Legendary and Journey events have been so hard. It should feel like an accomplishment to get these iconic toons!

Great. Wanna post under your real account and not some burner one, Crumb?
  • Options
    Tattz wrote: »

No way. Tried several times. GG-lead is the key here, obviously.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I had a lot of fun with the event! That reskin of Jolee - one of the most fun characters to play against. And the possibility to play the event again and again and again, watching your team get slaughtered until things happen just right, so much fun! And the constant heals - you never know if the almost-dead enemy falls or not! The only thing missing was repeating the whole intro video before every attempt, like it was in the Chewie event.
    /s
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

I unlocked with a "lesser" squad, but with gg lead. I agree that is the difference.
  • Ascetic_Monkfish
    163 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Padme has been unlocked with GG, Asajj and Poggle leads. For a 5* unlock only, Geos, Asajj and Dooku is enough (that’s what I used). Just read the other posts in the forum for tips. Strategy, mods and kill order are important.

But do you need GG for tier 7? Absolutely!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Padme has been unlocked with GG, Asajj and Poggle leads. For a 5* unlock only, Geos, Asajj and Dooku is enough (that’s what I used). Just read the other posts in the forum for tips. Strategy, mods and kill order are important.

But do you need GG for tier 7? Absolutely!

Strong, properly modded Asajj does wonders up till t6. In t7, Anakin just one-shots her...
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Options

I used dooku and 4 bugs mate

• Options
    I remember when I used to be excited about Legendary events. Now I just dread them. They are a ridiculous and a chore. Ultimately they managed to kill the fun and excitement out of Legendaries. Sad times, indeed.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Chaac_Maul wrote: »
    I remember when I used to be excited about Legendary events. Now I just dread them. They are a ridiculous and a chore. Ultimately they managed to kill the fun and excitement out of Legendaries. Sad times, indeed.

Before: Touch up a faction to obtain a new and exciting character.
    Now: Pour an insane amount of time and resources into obtaining a useless bench-warmer you can't gear up anyway because every new character requires the KreditTech gear.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Now: Pour an insane amount of time and resources into obtaining a useless bench-warmer you can't gear up anyway because every new character requires the KreditTech gear.

100%
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I enjoyed the event as well. Last tier was RNG heavy but still fun.
    Probably the most attempts I’ve ever had to do to get a character lol.
    But now am the owner of a 7* padamé and feel good about the time invested in greos for ships, GG because I just like him a lot, Ventress as well and she’s a beast with NS.
    And now with a new sep TB coming my investment is paying off again!
    Oh and spoiler alert. With these sep reworks I wouldn’t doubt we get a sep cap ship. So even more benefits from sep investments ;)
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I unlocked padme, and even I think this is a troll. Some are saying its ridiculous, you say it's fun. I say it's somewhere in the middle, far from either.

I know there are people who disagree with me, but this wasn't a troll post. I legitimately enjoyed the event, and wanted to voice that to offset the large amount of people complaining (of course, people complain every time anything new is released, but I digress).

People are welcome to disagree with me. I'm not here to argue with them; they're entitled to their opinion too. But I did like the event.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with the part about it being fast. Failing quickly is a million times better than failing slowly.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    I agree with the part about it being fast. Failing quickly is a million times better than failing slowly.

Han trying to open door on Bespin flashbacks
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I enjoyed the event. I beat tier 6, but I dont have enough 7*s to attempt tier seven.
  • Options
    389azz3dm96g.png
    strrnbn3b3nk.png
    oevyuv4e7uut.png

And it's not enough.

Yeah you should be able to unlock as well. Asajj back hurts from carrying the whole team.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I know there are people who disagree with me, but this wasn't a troll post. I legitimately enjoyed the event, and wanted to voice that to offset the large amount of people complaining (of course, people complain every time anything new is released, but I digress).

People are welcome to disagree with me. I'm not here to argue with them; they're entitled to their opinion too. But I did like the event.

Fair enough. Glad you enjoyed it. To be fair it's got to be nearly impossible to tune an event that's enjoyable for every level of player. I didn't find it "fun" but I'm glad I got her and hope she's worth the trouble :)
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

So you are ignoring the touch up on the droids?
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Someone is drunk, lol calling this a fun event, lol. Read what 90% of players are saying

True but most people expect this to be easy without having a strategy or decently geared characters. Mikayas put up a great guide to unlock Padmé if people need help.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

So you are ignoring the touch up on the droids?

Most people need to do much more than a "touch up" on their droids in order to complete the event. I was talking about what we have to do, not what the devs have done, I thought it was clear enough.
  • Options
    It don’t help that they (CG) are changing things in the middle of this event. I was playing tier 7 for hours yesterday and I wouldn’t once lose a character in the 1st few seconds, but late last night and so far this morning it is constantly happening! And after raising my B2 up 1 gear level! Pic below (DINYASKYWALKER)

They didn't change the difficulty, it's the same, you're just getting bad rng... Just read up on tactics and mechanics then git gud.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    Options
    It don’t help that they (CG) are changing things in the middle of this event. I was playing tier 7 for hours yesterday and I wouldn’t once lose a character in the 1st few seconds, but late last night and so far this morning it is constantly happening! And after raising my B2 up 1 gear level! Pic below (DINYASKYWALKER)

They didn't change the difficulty, it's the same, you're just getting bad rng... Just read up on tactics and mechanics then git gud.

This. Lol