Do we need an upgraded omega battle like "zeta battle" ?

We need 6 zetas for JKR team and 8 zetas for DR team and 5 or 6 zetas for Padme team.

But omega battles are really meaningless. Why not add a bonus tier rewarding some zeta?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    We kinda have them in the Talzin and Wicket events.
  • thedrjojo
    955 posts Member
    Options
    Im sitting on 70 zeta mats, 26 Omega mats, and 0 purple mats and still leveling up the skills of the OR characters to get DR, who will also need like 200 purple mats to go along with his 60 zeta and 50 omegas. The crunch is real for all levels of mats (unless you are a day 1 player, but March 2018 player with just over 2mil go it's real). So why not do an addition without any subtraction... Omega battles are far from meaningless
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    TreyVincen wrote: »
    We need 6 zetas for JKR team and 8 zetas for DR team and 5 or 6 zetas for Padme team.

But omega battles are really meaningless. Why not add a bonus tier rewarding some zeta?

Or just wait till episode 9 hoard your zetas so you can 100% the Grey Jedi resistance team or the Grey FO team that will be the new meta then you only need like 8 instead of the 24 needed now for the 3 teams that will be gone in 4 months..

I only say this cause I suck at TW, GA, Arena so even if I geared those 3 teams I still lose every match might as well skip a meta or two and jump on the episode 9 bandwagon if the game is still in operation in a few months

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I don't mind zetas coming in slow, honestly. I'm always starved for the purple mats and I'm about to reach the point where I'm perpetually out of omegas. Whenever we get the 20 zeta gift for the 4th that'll put me at 30 zeta mats that I can't currently spend.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I need omegas more badly than zetas
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    If anything, an assault battle's last bonus tier should give you a zeta with your 2 omegas, instead of only 2 zetas the first time. It'd have to be that hard to warrant a zeta.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    You think this is bad, wait'll beyond-zeta abilities get created as part of the overall powercreep. They'll use zetas the way that current zeta-abilities use omegas.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    DocDoom wrote: »
    You think this is bad, wait'll beyond-zeta abilities get created as part of the overall powercreep. They'll use zetas the way that current zeta-abilities use omegas.

(17 years in the future)

"We're out of Greek letters, guys. What are tier 43 abilities going to require?"

"Screw it, just call them Win Buttons. They cost 100 million credits and you need 42 for one ability."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nihilmus
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Been playing since November 2017, fully f2p. Currently sitting on 19 zetas and 68 unspent zeta mats before the May the 4th gift. My current GA opponent in the finals has 38 zetas on his characters as he has been playing for a longer time than me. The road ahead for me looks something like: 3 zetas req. for DR in about 50 days when Scourge returns the first time, so 60/68+50 (1z mat/day till the event) +20 (the gift), left with about 80 zeta mats at that point. I will need 2 extra for HK (if they are required for the team but probably forced to skip them). If I wanted Malak, 2 for him (probably going to need Z Mission to get to the power reqs, and/or Carth which replaces the two HK mentioned), but then I will have nothing left. I dont have Traya unlocked yet and she needs 2 more. I do not have any triple zeta characters except JKR who I unlocked now after 6 months. (CLS IBAT, JTR Lead). From the newer teams: Separstist droids require about 3 zetas conservatively, maybe 4, and GR team requires about 4 as well without any luxury zetas (Padme, Anakin, Snips, GK) considering you already have GMY with his one zeta which I happen to do. I absolutely do not see how this situation will not end up into a zeta crunch long term for a player like myself who has not been spending money on the game and thus had to also farm multiple characters with fleet currency and ships to be able to keep up with the pace of the game instead of exclusively spam the Zeta mats in the Fleet store since day 1. I am currently ranking 1 each day in Fleet arena and have been doing so for the majority of the time since Fleet unlocked for me, having to compete with people who started with the 4* unlock TIE Advanced pack and Slave I day 1 etc. I really do think anyone who feels like coming here and posting about them having all the zetas like the guy I am about to face should do so with the thought in mind that not all of us have started at the same point in time with the same goals and focuses and everything done perfectly from the start. Besides this, you cannot continuously outrun their character design/rework choices. At some point them adding 20/40/60 zeta mat texts per new character is 100% going to tire all of your resources and make you stand where we do. And I didn’t mention the omega and purple situation.
  • Nihilmus
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Small edit to the post I made above: When Scourge returns I forgot to add up the extra zeta mats from TW, challenges and GA up until that point. There’s 4 TWs this month with each giving me between 2 guaranteed and 3 zeta mats max so let’s go for max if I win all of my TW with my guild - that’s 12 more, 6 more from GA assuming two of them will reward zetas and I can win them entirely (but usually 2/3). So there’s another Zeta, and with the challenges by the time of the event I can assume I will safely have 2 full extra zetas than I needed to account for but forgot. Just updating because my intention is not to be misleading, rather look at a realistic point of view. Now we can compare the numbers because these two zetas I will end up spending on Traya and then truly have none left for Separatist Droids, GR and C3P0 which I currently do not own.