JKA gear refund????

Hello team,

I am bit disappointed to see JKA nerfed a couple of days after we were told that things looked OK and within expected etc etc.

I'd like to request refunding his gear (I put all G12+ pieces on him based on his promised kit, which is not as useful now).

Replies

• Options
    Also can we get a fix for the forced-audio bug??

Requiring to disable the audio manually every time I log in, makes the players very aware of how many times they log-in. Bordering too much for me....
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options
    Actually, we were told that he seemed to be performing within their intended range but that "while we are not planning on making any immediate changes due to the interaction with Darth Revan and Darth Malak, we are continuing to consider some changes to ensure his performance under Padme meets our desired performance targets. Some of the changes we are considering would make him synergize more specifically inside a Galactic Republic squad (as many players have suggested). Either way, we’ll continue to monitor these battles and reveal any changes prior to making them." They said very clearly that he was still being monitored and changes were being considered. There was never any "all ok" given. There won't be any gear refund coming on Anakin.
  • Ahmadoo
    7 posts Member
    Options
    If what's below is not all ok, what would be??

on April 25th

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202467/your-focus-determines-your-reality#latest

"Since we released Jedi Knight Anakin’s rework, only 8,000 players have used Jedi Knight Anakin under a Jedi Knight Revan lead to fight against Darth Revan & Darth Malak. That represents less than 1% of the total battles fought by the entire community during this window. Of these battles, JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome."
  • Options
    Game changers said no nerf. On top of that it doesn't matter, they fundamentally changed his kit to where he is no longer viable without an all republic squad which is totally dumb if you ask me. They said they wanted a rock-paper-scizor meta where Jedi Revan could compete, the only way that was remotely possible is with the way Anakin was previously. This definitely falls within refund territory. Remember assassin didn't even get nerf but she was refunded
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Ahmadoo wrote: »

on April 25th

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202467/your-focus-determines-your-reality#latest

"Since we released Jedi Knight Anakin’s rework, only 8,000 players have used Jedi Knight Anakin under a Jedi Knight Revan lead to fight against Darth Revan & Darth Malak. That represents less than 1% of the total battles fought by the entire community during this window. Of these battles, JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome."

Maybe keep reading the paragraph after the one you quoted? (It's conveniently quoted in the post just before yours)
  • TSWPandaman
    81 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Ahmadoo wrote: »

on April 25th

Maybe keep reading the paragraph after the one you quoted? (It's conveniently quoted in the post just before yours)[/quote]

Ahmadoo, did you read the second paragraph ? Because not reading everything eventually leads to misunderstanding.
    Here, i quoted it for you. It was written right under the one you just quoted out of context. Stop complaining already - they said it already, we suggested it.

"Many players astutely noted that Anakin’s rework conspicuously did not include a zeta...which we have been saving for the release of Padme. So, while we are not planning on making any immediate changes due to the interaction with Darth Revan and Darth Malak, we are continuing to consider some changes to ensure his performance under Padme meets our desired performance targets. Some of the changes we are considering would make him synergize more specifically inside a Galactic Republic squad (as many players have suggested). Either way, we’ll continue to monitor these battles and reveal any changes prior to making them."
  • Options
    What stinks about this is that many players won't get Padme and as a result they basically wasted all of the gear on Anakin for another 4-5 months. I'm sure they can use it on another character for all of these months until Padme returns. There is absolutely no reason why the gear should not be refunded since most players geared up Anakin to work with Revan and no he simply doesn't work with Revan. Assassin wasn't even touched and yet because another character's buff (Malak) made her useless only in that particular matchup they said they were going to refund it.

I don't know why anyone defends the non refund option. You probably aren't affected by it and all you want to do is ruin if for those unfortunate souls who are affected. I see no legitimate counter argument to the refund, Anakin was good for a couple weeks, now he is trash unless you have Padme, in which case he's still not working as intended so the refund is the only legitimate option.

We keep being told that we need to be mindful of our decisions because investments in this game are meant to be long term but we aren't here to play psychics with the nerf game. Test your stuff better and if you don't then you better give out refunds when you change stuff. And lastly, you've given game changers too much authority and unless you take it back then their word has weight in the community. They said Anakin was safe, he wasn't, you can't play with people's time/money/psyche and not have the balls to compensate.
  • Ahmadoo
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Actually I missed that. Thanks for pointing out..
  • ConnorMcLurk
    99 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Nevertheless a Nerf for JKA in a Jedi (JKR) Team. Was able to get through those DR/Malak Squads at least every once in a while, now its nearly impossible again. Took Anakin from G9 to 12.3 after said statement. Even though it says: There maybe changes in a Padme Team it doesnt say nerfs in a Jedi Team. So in my opinion I think a refund would be totally agreeable.

Would LOVE to try him in a GR Team though, but since CG is obviously totally incompetent in issuing missing Padme shards, I am still not able to activate her.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    The sum is: you couldn't really expect them to allow you to beat the most controversial and shady character released with just your totally free anakin. Besides, we need him to work very well under our new sneaky paywall so you'll just pay in the illusion that will beat the meta.