The situation with The ship arena

So for the last 5 months or so a single ship defined the meta. With really no hard counter. Either use the same team or loose. Sounds like jkr for ships. With the difference that no good counters exist.

Since then a useless sith-ship and a pretty good but not meta-defining ebon hawk has been released.

Did they just give up on ships? It is a terrible arena for the moment with no surprise teams at all.

I was hoping for a sith capitol when palpatine got his own ship, but nothing has happened.

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    They mentioned a possible Galactic Chase scheduled for this month. Galactic Chase is most usually a new ship, so it’s not forgotten at all. Ship arena is slow to change
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Need. Sith. Cap.
  • poodletron
    126 posts Member
    Options

Imho that’s really not true. I missed the falcon first go and got it second go. Whilst I agree; without the falcon, it’s a harder climb, it’s certainly not impossible. You do, however, need a very specific set of tools to deal with it and I got lucky by having those partially developed already. If I didn’t; I’d 100% agree with you. As it stands I only 90% agree with you ;)
  • Goobs
    8 posts Member
    Options
    The biggest problem I have with this meta is that it is 100% rng dependent. When a 350 power fleet can take out a 450 power fleet, that’s a huge problem. I understand having some rng involved, but not 100% of the time. Basically, whomever gets the most assists wins. It’s total ****.