Please remove 3v3 from the game

Mzee
1777 posts Member
Characters in this game are not designed for 3v3 situations. Many teams that are good in 5v5 are garbage in 3v3 or significantly weaker.
*Imperial Troopers stink in 3v3. I can use Veers, Starck, and Range against fodder teams, but that is about it. Feels like my investment into them is being punished in 3v3 mode since they are average at best in other teams and useless together. One of my favorite teams too.
*Jedi Training Rey. Still can do ok in 3s, but can't take on stronger teams like they can in 5s.
*Old Republic under Carth. Can be ok, but another team that is much easier to beat in 3s.
*Q'irra is same as Old Republic
*Palpatine with Vader. Much worse in 3s than in 5s. Can take out some mediocre teams still, but a lot weaker than in 5s.
*Rogue 1. Chirrut and Baze take up 2 so that leaves room for 1 lead like Jynn. Much worse in 3s.

The list goes on.

I wouldn't mind so much if there was other places to run 3s, but there is not. Because most teams are so drastically different for strategies and compositions in 3s than in 5s we need another way to practice them if 3v3 is to continue. However, I would much rather it was removed from the game entirely. I think it is great that we are getting a little variety, but I feel like this is just a cheap way of giving it with minimal effort.

I know some people like this game mode, but the majority of players from my experience do not, and I know many hate it to the point where they do not participate, put in minimal effort, or they have cited it as one of the reasons they quit already. I saw that there is territory war with 3v3 coming up,and I already know a few members in my guild will not sign up for it as a result.

Yes, I can also not sign up or participate, but that argument is missing the point since we all need the rewards in this game to progress and it sits in place of 5v5, which is an enjoyable game mode for many, and also makes sense since we actually play the game in 5v5.

Replies

• Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 makes you think.. other than dr/malak everything is beatable..

One of the better recent ideas in my opinion, I’m looking forward to seeing what a 3v3 on a guild scale looks like..
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Bottom line is if you want rewards, play. Many people like 3v3. Many people like the strategy because it’s something different from the standard 5 toon squads we see all the time. I learn something new every 3v3. Lots of people hate it, but lots of people love it and because of that, you will have to accept that it’s not gonna change. Just have fun with it.

Then they need to give us something else like a 3v3 Galactic War where we can practice compositions. Having it only available in grand arena and/or territory war is just not enough when the game has always been about 5s.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Theorycraft. Adapt. Improvise.

Having limited resources to work with, I rearranged my offensive squads completely in order to clear all of my final opponent's squads and win the round and my bracket. There is no greater strategic challenge for the individual player in SWGoH and there are few things more satisfying than pulling it off. B)