Will it be the time of heavy tank team with Old Ben farmable?

Wenyi
18 posts Member
Old Ben, Kylo, 5555...

They make me real headache...

The battle would last very very long time...

Replies

• Options
    doubtful
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    No. Old Ben is a has been of two months ago not sure why people still think he's any good.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    No. Old Ben is a has been of two months ago not sure why people still think he's any good.

He's poo
  • Wenyi
    18 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »

He's poo

Maybe not with full star & max gear, his leader ability is also useful.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Wenyi wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

He's poo

Maybe not with full star & max gear, his leader ability is also useful.

You're more than welcome to gear him and find out for yourself. There's a reason why whales don't run him.
  • Options
    ^ no it isn't.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    A level 52 4* Old Ben wearing white gear is going to be very handy in GW. :) In Cantina that will only take a week or so.
    And someday the meta will change and he'll be arena-capable again and then he'll be there.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Old Ben is only amazing when he dies....and sadly the AI knows this and kills him last :disappointed:
  • Options
    When he does his special and reduces turn meter on everyone is amazing as it also possibly ability blocks everyone. I only stopped using him in arena cause he was stuck at 6*. His damage is eh and when I had Poe in there if either got called on an assist it was pointless. But, I won a ton of times with him being the last man standing and evading like crazy against poggle
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    Old Ben is only amazing when he dies....and sadly the AI knows this and kills him last :disappointed:

Most people who had him, though, had him fully buffed up. So he had a ton of health, and the AI avoids high HP targets.
    We non-whales have the advantage of knowing he is useful when underpowered. I am quite confident a low-level, undergeared Old Ben will get whacked pretty fast in GW.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Most people who had him, though, had him fully buffed up. So he had a ton of health, and the AI avoids high HP targets.
    We non-whales have the advantage of knowing he is useful when underpowered. I am quite confident a low-level, undergeared Old Ben will get whacked pretty fast in GW.

This is why I stopped leveling him on my own. Even attacking counter-characters to try to kill him, he rarely dies :disappointed:
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

I'd agree. Though I'll tell you in GW the AI focus fire assaults my Barriss lead,lol.
  • Options
    Yeah but even if the ai killed Ben, it's just one node. GW is a sustenance game.

I'm not too excited about Ben being released Tbh. I really wanted maul. But still, free is better than nothing so it's cool.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    I am stoked that I can farm Kenobi now!

But I am worried that it might mean that if they release a General Kenobi clone wars version he will end up being Chromium only and not farmable.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    When fighting against Old Ben:

Pop Yoda's tenacity buff first.

Ignore Old Ben the entire battle. He is now useless.

Kill him last.

Win match.

I used to love Old Ben. I wanted one really bad for my team.

Then Yoda made him irrelevant.

I will still collect him. He is the very definition of a classic character. I will star, level, and gear him. But I would never use him in the arena since, with a single buff, Yoda makes him a wasted squad spot.

He'd be a good GW toon. Dropping an opponent's incoming damage has a lot more value in GW, and you don't have to worry about defending like in the arena.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Biggest Whale on my shard still uses Ben.
    QGJ leader
    Poe
    Rey
    GS
    Old Ben

He literally hasn't changed his team for 2 months. Was the first to level 70 by a mile. Mid/late December shard.

That team though is still pretty lethal.

@Qeltar I was saying the same awhile back regarding him as a sacrifice (that is if AI will target and kill him) I plan on farming him just to unlock him for this reason.

He is still useful for arena just not against yoda teams.

• Options
    OB sucks in arena right now and maybe for the foreseeable future. Unless you unlock and don't gear him, so he dies right away. However, that effectively gives you a 4v5 while defending, so yeah, he is useless.

He is decent at times for GW, however all the time and effort, I suggest people go for more useful toons.

Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    He is decent at times for GW, however all the time and effort, I suggest people go for more useful toons.
    That's the thing though: making him for GW doesn't take much time and effort. At two Cantina refreshes a day (which I would do anyhow) he's less than 6 days to unlock. You only need to take him to level 52 for his main buffs, and that's cheap. And he doesn't need any gear.
    It's pretty much a no-brainer even if you never plan to use him for anything else. And if you do, you've got a head start.
    I would use him a GW suicide squad with Anakin. That would be fun. :)
  • Options
    Old Ben is the one toon you wand to die and he never does.