Modding B2 Super Battle Droid

Laz
190 posts Member
Is there is special way I should mod him for GG lead?

Replies

• Options
    Protection for survivability and potency so that buff immunity doesn’t get resisted.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    3x potency set with protection primaries on arrow, triangle, circle, potency primary on cross and potency/protection (higher focus on potency) on secondaries.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Some people say all Potency, but after switching mods around, it don’t have to be all Potency. I dropped my B2’s Potency by @50 and he still does around the same amount of buff immunity. Matter of fact I’ve also noticed that GG’s leadership ability is crap and don’t work correctly either. It say the enemy will have -50% defense, but if I put Asaj or Poggle in as leader, my characters ALL do the same amount of damage...can u believe that crap! They really need to fix that!

Unless you had smth like 180% potency on your B2 previously (which I highly doubt) or you were already quite a bit into the battle (GG lead gives stacking potency for DS droids when they get resisted) that was just pure luck then. GK has 46% tenacity (unless the event version has other stats) and a fully maxed B2 has 53% potency. I had ~130% potency on my runs which, after the 80% chance to inflict buff immunity, gave me a 84% chance to pass the tenacity/potency check on GK and a 70% chance on Padme.
    After all you want to cut down the RNG factor as much as possible and a high potency on B2 does exactly that. Going for anything else is nonsense.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    There's also that pesky 80% chance to apply buff immunity before even getting to the potency check, Jolee Calamari's super high potency, and a base 15% resist chance. Any one of those can ruin your day if it happens on the wrong enemy.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Anyone tried accuracy arrow or thinks it is useful?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

It is an option, albeit only cutting a very minor and unlikely annoyance. Unlike with the Magmatrooper vs Sion thing where 1 dodge could've cost you the whole match, you can still retreat the Padme event and retry. Personally I'd go for the protection arrow just to survive a bit longer and live with that 2% dodge chances.
  • Options
    Since survivability is more important than speed with B2, I highly recommend the use of a critical avoidance arrow over a speed arrow. I agree with all potency mods and I keep mine at 131 speed and 130% potency.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    What is the general consensus now? Other than 2 potency sets, what should be the other set?
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Only place I’ve ever used one was on B2 and it was out of principal, more than noticeable usefulness. I use a Crit Avoid Potency arrow on mine now.

Did not expect to hear about a critical avoidance arrow. Thanks. Something to think about.
  • Options
    Laz wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Only place I’ve ever used one was on B2 and it was out of principal, more than noticeable usefulness. I use a Crit Avoid Potency arrow on mine now.

Did not expect to hear about a critical avoidance arrow. Thanks. Something to think about.

I’ve got CA arrows on several tanks of mine. So many mod their attackers for crit chance. Sion is a good one for that too.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.