New gear in guild/shard shops & raids

Vos_Landeck
1666 posts Member
When is this new gear going to be added to the guild and shard shops and in raid drops? If this gear is going to be on every new character and hate their gear progression, then it needs to be added to those spots. The drop rate on purple gear salvage is awful....and now we have less hard node attempts and far too many characters to farm as well. This is basically whale gear that you’re practically forced to buy or to drop all your character farms to farm it at a ridiculously low pace. Having to buy gear with crystals just to get past G8 on a character is ridiculous. Have you made enough money off this gear from DR, Malak and Padme yet? Can we now get this gear in the normal spots where we have similar gear such as stun guns, cuffs, etc.?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It's probably getting added somewhere sometime. Just ready your torches and pitchforks in case the new TB comes and goes without the gear becoming more accessible...
  • DavieJG
    112 posts Member
    Options
    The whole point was to add another obstacle to prevent 7* g12 legendaries getting maxed hours after the event starts. It's now 8400 crystals (£55) to get that char maxed and that's how they want it
  • Flamethrow
    335 posts Member
    Options
    I m confused this gear was farmable yesterday and now 1 of them isnt anymore? Or am i just getting confused. I am pretty sure i was farming both pieces for padme for 10 energy each yesterday and now one of them is giving me "no locations found".
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Have you made enough money

The answer to this question, for a business, is always "no."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Flamethrow wrote: »
    I m confused this gear was farmable yesterday and now 1 of them isnt anymore? Or am i just getting confused. I am pretty sure i was farming both pieces for padme for 10 energy each yesterday and now one of them is giving me "no locations found".

You probably clicked on find for the prototype instead of the individual piece. They are still in LS 7-B and DS 8-A.
  • Flamethrow
    335 posts Member
    Options
    Nvm i restarted the game and now it found the gear again. Looks like just another bug again..
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Exactly. No business will ever get to the point where they have made enough money and don’t need to make money anymore.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    DavieJG wrote: »
    The whole point was to add another obstacle to prevent 7* g12 legendaries getting maxed hours after the event starts. It's now 8400 crystals (£55) to get that char maxed and that's how they want it

Wait. I thought they said the intention of this new gear was to ease the burden of all of the other highly used gear like cuffs and guns etc... you know, they’re doing the player base a favour.

Okay I couldn’t keep a straight face while typing that. I absolutely hate this new gear and if all new characters require it without any new farming locations for it, it will drive me from the game.

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I expect it will be more available at some point, like G12 gear. We'll see though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

That wasn't my statement....you intentionally deleted most of my statement. What I said was "Have you made enough money off this gear from DR, Malak and Padme yet?" There are plenty of ways for them to make money...this gear isn't the only way. More importantly, this game only has so many whales....once they've spent money on the new gear for DR, Malak and Padme, that's it for them....they can only gear these characters up once. The rest of us are just going to slowly buy the gear from arena crystals or farm it very slowly from the nodes or wait it out until the gear becomes more accessible. They can't make money off people not willing to spend it....so once they've milked the whales for their money, then it's time to make the gear more accessible. So my question was whether they have finally reached that point....my question wasn't whether in general they've made enough money as a business.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options

From the March 25th update notes referring to the purpose of the new gear: "Our goal with introducing these new pieces is to diversify the number of high value gear pieces and reduce the overall need of prior high value gear/salvage, such as Carbantis, Stun Guns, etc. Darth Revan is the first character to use these new pieces, and this process will be rolled out over a period of time as we release new characters."
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

From the March 25th update notes referring to the purpose of the new gear: "Our goal with introducing these new pieces is to diversify the number of high value gear pieces and reduce the overall need of prior high value gear/salvage, such as Carbantis, Stun Guns, etc."

This statement will never stop being funny.

Replace "funny" with the word of your choice.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

From the March 25th update notes referring to the purpose of the new gear: "Our goal with introducing these new pieces is to diversify the number of high value gear pieces and reduce the overall need of prior high value gear/salvage, such as Carbantis, Stun Guns, etc. Darth Revan is the first character to use these new pieces, and this process will be rolled out over a period of time as we release new characters."

Yeah, and the stated purpose always perfectly aligns with the actual one, especially in the case of EA...