TW Sandbagging...needs to be regulated..

13Next

Replies

• StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    "Strongest characters/ships" and "Single strongest squads" sure sounds a lot like what you're asking for. They just don't go into details because, as was said earlier, they don't want people exploiting the system.

I see. It's not at all what I'm asking for though. I don't want them to check the power of the squads, which is what they're doing.

Here are a couple snippets from a DSR comparison:

e8wup9qilxwu.png

This is the kind of thing they should check, not squad power. If your guild has 30 {current top tier character}, you should be paired with a guild that has a similar number of that character.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    You're inferring based on their using the term "power." Again, they haven't revealed the exact details of how they're doing it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    You're inferring based on their using the term "power." Again, they haven't revealed the exact details of how they're doing it.

I am inferring based on observed evidence. The way they match guilds it is obvious they aren’t doing it as I suggested.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Shrug. We've only had a few out of 60+ that have been unreasonable matchups. So it's not obvious.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    From that same thread:

CG_RyDiggs
    534 POSTSSWGOH DEV TEAM › SWGOH DEV TEAM March 15, 2018 7:43PM edited March 2018

Sparrow wrote: »
    From my perspective the only thing we have ever found that matters is the quantity of gear 11 and gear 12 characters across both guilds as a whole. If that number is close it's usually a close matchup, if there is a big difference it's a blow out.
    Because bottom line is gear 10 toons don't do well against gear 11/12 toons. It's too big a gap.
    For lower power guilds I would imagine the number of gear 9/10 toons would matter, but if your 100 million GP or more the number of gear 11/12 toons is literally the only thing that matters in matchmaking.

As I said above, I won't say how we come to the number, but we want to confirm that we're not calculating Active GP (which can have low impact characters).
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Also from that thread.

CG_RyDiggs
    534 POSTSSWGOH DEV TEAM › SWGOH DEV TEAM March 15, 2018 7:24PM

Sharpeswoda88 wrote: »

So pretty much you guys are dissecting our rosters and taking basic teams that are used throughout the game. Adding our guilds up based on this and finding a comparable enemy

BINGO, /whew I wasn't sure it would be clear. Tks Sharpes!
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Shrug. We've only had a few out of 60+ that have been unreasonable matchups. So it's not obvious.

Most of my guild's matchups have been unreasonable, one way or the other.
    Also from that thread.

CG_RyDiggs
    534 POSTSSWGOH DEV TEAM › SWGOH DEV TEAM March 15, 2018 7:24PM

Sharpeswoda88 wrote: »

So pretty much you guys are dissecting our rosters and taking basic teams that are used throughout the game. Adding our guilds up based on this and finding a comparable enemy

BINGO, /whew I wasn't sure it would be clear. Tks Sharpes!

They can say this, I guess, but I know for a fact it isn't true; or at least not true in the way you're taking it to mean what I said they should do. Or it's broken. It's super easy to get a matchup in your favor just by going in at 47 or 48 out of 50. The match is always skewed in favor of the side with 47 or 48.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    This TW they went in with 46 and we went in with 50. The matchup was marginally in our favor.

Personal experience is not universal.
  • I don’t agree with the thread title, but they really need to adapt the matchmaking to deal with this.

Our guild (200MGP) have made TW non-mandatory. If you’re not going to be around, don’t sign up.

We went into this TW with 42/50 signed up, and got paired with a guild way behind us on key toons. I think they had 3 DR and 1 malak. We’ve probably got 30 DR and 12 malak (haven’t checked).

Just over 2 hours into attack phase we’d completely wiped their board with the loss of only 8 battles. In that time they’d cleared 8 squads in 1 zone and dropped 12 battles.

We are not sandbaggers - the 8 that didn’t signup are not on a rotation nor are they sent to a sister guild for another TW. They just opted not to join due to RL commitments (2 are on holiday, 2 at a music festival, 1 has a wife about to give birth etc). Should we be punished for that? No. Should the other guild ever have been matched with us? No.

Such an easy fix too. Match on average GP, not total active GP.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    BTW i agree with guilds allowing people to choose, real life happens sometimes and you know in advance you won’t be around during the upcoming tw

13 of them ic3? No chance.

You realize there are people who just don't like TW and don't want to play it?

In fairness, I'm one of those people who hate TWs and don't want to play it--but I still do. I just set all my teams on defense which has the double benefit of 1) Meaning I don't have to do anything on offense and, 2) Meaning the rest of my guild doesn't have to deploy quite as many defensive teams, so they have more left over for offense.

Also I get a reward. So there's that, too.

Long story short--even if you hate TW (like me!) you should still *DO* them.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    BTW i agree with guilds allowing people to choose, real life happens sometimes and you know in advance you won’t be around during the upcoming tw

In fairness, I'm one of those people who hate TWs and don't want to play it--but I still do. I just set all my teams on defense which has the double benefit of 1) Meaning I don't have to do anything on offense and, 2) Meaning the rest of my guild doesn't have to deploy quite as many defensive teams, so they have more left over for offense.

That’s all well and good in small numbers, but I’d hate to be in a guild that had 10-15 people like that.

Unless you’re a mega whale it is unlikely that all 8 defence squads (if you’re placing 1 per defence zone) are of the same standard, and a sub-standard defence team is next to useless at the top end.

We allow up to 5 people to go “defence heavy” on a TW, but even then they’re expected to keep at least 1 top attack squad and use it when needed.

• Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    While I totally agree that sandbagging is an issue, we just beat a 221m gp guild that sandbagged down to 22 per zone and we’re 204m gp. There was a 17,784,327 gp difference. On their Swgohgg page they put “HIGHLY competitive guild.” When you beat sandbaggers it feels soooooo good. This was our 29th straight win and we’ve been up against several sandbagging guilds during that streak. Until CG does something, you just have to find a way to win anyways.

4cwni1phfxmr.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Some guilds aren't ok with that and would rather you not sign up than skip the attack phase.
  • Avaiam
    44 posts Member
    We are not a TW focused guild. However everyone is required to participate so we always have 50/50.

If you don’t have time to play we ask that you set your best squads on defense and then sit out offense.

We win some and lose some. We go up against these guilds that sandbag and it sucks. GP and participation numbers should be weighted when matchups occur.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Avaiam wrote: »
    We are not a TW focused guild. However everyone is required to participate so we always have 50/50.

If you don’t have time to play we ask that you set your best squads on defense and then sit out offense.

We win some and lose some. We go up against these guilds that sandbag and it sucks. GP and participation numbers should be weighted when matchups occur.

You'd be better off just letting those who don't want to play sit out.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Avaiam wrote: »

You'd be better off just letting those who don't want to play sit out.

This is very true. Avaiam and NicWester don’t quite understand that even the best offense teams could be a liability on defense.

It’s okay when people don’t like TW. If they don’t want to play, they shouldn’t be forced to. I’m taking a weekend off with my wife coming up. Getting 600 won’t be an issue. Posting a 0 in the raids won’t be an issue. The only thing that might be an issue would be TW. I won’t be available (out of choice) whenever a zone opens up. I won’t be available to watch my phone to see when to battle. I won’t spend the time looking through all the teams in the zone to see which one is the right one for me to attack. I should penalize my guild by not being active? I should place more teams, non-meta teams btw, on defense? No. If there happens to be a TW that weekend, I should sit out TW and give my guild a better chance at winning.

Does that make my guild sandbaggers because we let people sit? What happens if someone unexpectedly retires that weekend? Or someone else needs to take it off for whatever reason. Maybe others are taking a vacation and to ensure we have a spot for when they come back we filled the gap with an alt who won’t be participating in tw.

Lots of things can happen. Chances are, I’ll be the only one out but who knows? Does that make us sandbaggers because I would rather spend quality time with my wife than play a game? If not, where is the line exactly?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    On top of all of that in my last post, and I did touch upon what I’m about to say briefly, if people don’t like TW and don’t want to play then why force them to play? I know of guilds that have been around and have had the same core of people since guilds were started. They genuinely like chatting and playing together. Not everyone always has the motivation for tw. Those guilds should be forced to either all play tw or break up?

Remember, they don’t tell you how to play your game.

I think some people are just shortsighted and selfish.
  • Totally agree. We have voluntary TW, usually get around 45 sign up. We’re happy, the 5 that don’t sign up are happy. Granted, some TW opponents won’t be, but that’s not our fault.
  • Faffyd
    38 posts Member
    We’ve got 38/46 signed up for tw today, that is the most participants we’ve had for a long time ,it’s usually 26 or 27

We don’t purposely sandbag, although I can see it sometimes gives us a slight advantage but people have lives and don’t always have the time to play
  • nottenst
    675 posts Member
    We only got 38 this time. I did not see a notification of the beginning of TW this time. Same with many other members and some didn't even see the event on their screen.
  • We only ever hear that issue AFTER signup phase has ended.
  • We’re going up against some major sandbaggers. I called EA to see if there was a bug and they said the game is working as intended, BUT I should fill out a bug report AND post on the forum. We are 154m GP and they are 215m GP, with 16 Malaks, 1100 more Zetas, 110 more G13, and 1800 more G12 toons than us. They had 34 members sign up, definitely by design based off of their guild description of being end game TB/TW focused. I’ve never been on here to complain about anything but this seems crazy. Don’t get me wrong, we will still try to beat them.

vvmvq49tc874.jpeg