The Sharp Spiral Kit Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited May 2019
latest?cb=20170411233238

The Sharp Spiral
Light Side, Attacker, Jedi, Galactic Republic

Crew: Saesee Tiin

Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and gain speed up for 2 turns. If the Sharp Spiral already had speed up, it gains +5% speed (stacking, max +150%) until the end of the encounter. Target Lock: Grant speed up to a random ally who doesn't have it for 2 turns.

Special (Crew): Deal true damage to all enemies, and inflict daze for 2 turns. This attack deals 50% more damage to buffed enemies and can’t be countered. (Cooldown 3)

Unique: The Sharp Spiral has +15% offense for each active Galactic Republic ally, and gains foresight for 1 turn whenever a Galactic Republic ally uses an ability during their turn. While the Sharp Spiral is active, all allies recover 10% protection at the start of each enemy’s turn.

Reinforcement: Enter Battle: Grant all Galactic Republic allies evasion up and offense up for 2 turns. When these buffs expire, all buffs are dispelled from a random enemy, which can't be evaded.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Basic is too OP.

Special has daze so it would be possible to compete with falcon teams..

Unique gives GR a much needed heavy hitter to go with anakin and makes the timeout most durable fleet even more durable.... I would say the 75% evasion is OP and kind of silly maybe 25 %

Reinforcment : hmm not bad....giving the most durable fleet in the game evasion up is pretty OP not gamebreaking but I could see battles going the full 5 min with this ship.....

The only game breaker is the basic....in a long fight this ship ends up like Traya in P4 of HSTR just going and going and going and going.... Personally for this ship you have to drop the stacking speed or the 75% evasion one or the other...

From a STRICTLY RAID point of view the ship raid we will never get if there was a phase that was a long grind eventually the ship would be taking 10 turns for every other ship.... TRAYA P4 hstr.... Would prob break the raid

maybe not... I like the idea of GR getting a heavy hitter, makes them hard to hit and more durable....

It would compete with falcon so it's a good ship...

maybe instead of 75% evasion make it 25% and give 50% TM on a dodge or something..... 75% is ridiculous under current AI/RNG that 75 would end up 100% lol

not bad tho
  • Options
    I reduced the stacking speed to 5% and capped it. Also lowered the evasion to 10% per GR ally. That should make it more balanced.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I reduced the stacking speed to 5% and capped it. Also lowered the evasion to 10% per GR ally. That should make it more balanced.

you could probably go higher with the speed 200% or something.... but the cap solves Traya P4 problem

Solid ship sir

Too bad they cannot mix it..... in a 5 min battle ship would never build up Traya P4 speed so you could leave the cap out.....just need it for a raid tho.

• Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Nice idea. I like it. do have some things thou.

With the daze I'm guessing you are trying to counter Han's falcon? In that case you might want to add some Accuracy bonuses in there to counter his high evasion.
    I'm also not sure whether the bonus evasion is going to work. Han's falcon gives Accuracy Up to reinforcements. So a clever player will counter this really easily. Maybe go the Jedi way and use Foresight in some manner? Otherwise I feel like this ship will be taken out in under 1 min.
    Other than this thou I really love this ship. It is a very clever idea.
    One last thing: Which ability is affected by the crew? You don't specify.
  • Options
    It’s more of a soft counter to Falcon. Even if daze doesn’t stick to the Falcon, it will stick to it’s allies and slow down assists.

How would you suggest I put foresight into the kit? At the end of each ally’s turn, gain foresight for 1 turn? Whenever an enemy calls an assist gain foresight for 1 turn? Something else?

Special ability is affected by crew, I’ll add that in later.
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It’s more of a soft counter to Falcon. Even if daze doesn’t stick to the Falcon, it will stick to it’s allies and slow down assists.
    I see. I guess that could work. Falcon dispels rebel allies trough his unique when they have 3 or more debuffs. But Galactic Republic Focuses on Target lock. I think the only other debuffs used by them are Anakin's ship and this one. So that could actually work quite nicely. Thou rebel ships do have quite a few cleanses. But with it's stacking speed I don't think those will be enough.
    On a side note, this ship has no Target Lock synergy. Considering even their capital ship has a heavy focus on it, maybe allow it to grant Speed Up to allies on it's basic similar to Ahsoka's (with offence up) and Anakin's (with Valor)?
    How would you suggest I put foresight into the kit? At the end of each ally’s turn, gain foresight for 1 turn? Whenever an enemy calls an assist gain foresight for 1 turn? Something else?
    Personally, I suggest one of 2 ways:
    1: The Sharp Spiral gains Foresight for 2 turns whenever another Galactic Republic ally uses a Special ability. If The Sharp Spiral already has Foresight, grant Foresight for 2 turns to another Galactic Republic ally that doesn't have it.
    2: The Sharp Spiral gains Foresight for 1 turn whenever another Galactic Republic ally uses an ability during their turn.
    Method 1 grants foresight far less, but allows you to share it with allies. Thus helping the team a bit more.
    Method 2 allows it to have foresight far more often, but is only for this ship.
    Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages so it's down to personal preference.The reason I make the foresight depend on other allies is also because of the stacking speed. As this ship gets faster, it will start to out speed it's enemies, but also it's allies. This means that it becomes more and more likely that it won't have foresight at an enemy's turn. Making the ship quite balanced. Sacrificing defence (evasion) for more offence (speed). (Especially for method 2, which is why I personally slightly prefer that one, but again depends on you.)

Finally, I noticed that there is no "can't be Evaded" with the reinforcement. The buff dispel can be Evaded?

Again, a great idea overall.
    Post edited by Ichiraikou on
  • Options
    I went with method 2. Also added target lock synergy.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Just start it with foresight... HT will start the taunting, mace can reapply, plo can reapply on reinforce, Clone sgt has perma taunt which is a pain under GR.... which may not be considered here because EVERY turn this ship takes will reapply taunt to clone Sgt while he is still alive and GR does have ways to keep people alive.

Gotta figure it's pretty hard AFTER first round to focus fire any non taunting GR ships because HT, CS have taunt Mace can put on 5's or anyone, plo same....becomes a taunt fest.

The only problem in all of this is still the hounds tooth an all GR fleet if anakin or ahsoka die you lose period because it will timeout as no matter what you do only those 2 ships stand a chance against HT.... Anakin can't do it himself either... I think your relying on Ahoska reinforce to kill HT..and if you miss... u timeout.

I think this ship would help against Non HT HMF falcon teams...but HT shuts down GR hard if you don't get your mega hit from ahsoka GG