Make mods great! Again??!

2Next

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Hilts12345 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    I don't care much about basic misunderstanding of the nature of statistics and how mods 2.0 effected the outcome.

Here's what happened for me. At the beginning of GA launch I decided to improve my mods beyond arena needs. At that point I had 150M credits and 80M ship credits to burn through. Since then I have also been using 50*3 most days to improve my mods. I had right below 100 10+ speed secondary mods. Here's where I am now. ufcmx35k7pxj.png

This is the problem. No_Try has invested substantial time and resources over a long period yet another player could in theory come along and beat this by getting a plus 25 speed mod in one roll of the challenge. They should make it much more certain of what mods are achievable. If everyone started getting high speed mods in would even out. Make it that you can pick secondaries but it costs way way more salvage. The people at the tops Investment is still protected because it’ll cost a huge amount to get them. Then if two characters with same speed come up against each other 50/50 chance of going first. I would be happy with this

I don't see a problem. People keep repeating they don't get god mods, thus mod improvement doesn't matter much. This is not a holy quest to reach that one crazy mod. I've been checking mod rosters of all my GA opponents. Statistically I have lesser god mods in the same range of 10+s, thus I haven't been really lucky. I don't care either. The totality of my mods are very solid for an f2p like me and it completely effects the outcomes (both in my favor or against depending on my opponents mod roster state).
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I have no data or evidence, but I can say that I also felt a slight downgrade to mods in general. Mods with good potential in the mods shop have become very rare and the few you find almost never grow their speeds. Concerning mods farming, the majority of the mods you get are white and <5 dots as usual, albeit i felt a slight decrease in good mods dropped from there as well, but this might be totally random, even if it has been like... 3 or 4 months with absolutely no good mods dropped from there. A 3 dots speed arrow here and there and nothing more.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    DavieJG wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    You can't say it's worse and then use 1.0 mods you carried into 2.0 as your example.

Of course you can. All of my best mods are blue/greens leveled during 1.0 and sliced during 2.0. Anyone I fight in GA that didn't farm mods as much as me during 1.0 is at a massive statistical advantage to ever match my mods.

There was a short window of time where this was applicable, between when 2.0 was announced and when it went live. If you want to argue that mods are worse now than they were during that short window, sure, of course. It was a short temporary unsustainable period of time that was better than EITHER 1.0 or 2.0. But to say that 1.0 was better than 2.0, based on a period of time that was neither, is a false comparison.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11522 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hilts12345 wrote: »
    I don't care much about basic misunderstanding of the nature of statistics and how mods 2.0 effected the outcome.

Here's what happened for me. At the beginning of GA launch I decided to improve my mods beyond arena needs. At that point I had 150M credits and 80M ship credits to burn through. Since then I have also been using 50*3 most days to improve my mods. I had right below 100 10+ speed secondary mods. Here's where I am now. ufcmx35k7pxj.png

This is the problem. No_Try has invested substantial time and resources over a long period yet another player could in theory come along and beat this by getting a plus 25 speed mod in one roll of the challenge. They should make it much more certain of what mods are achievable. If everyone started getting high speed mods in would even out. Make it that you can pick secondaries but it costs way way more salvage. The people at the tops Investment is still protected because it’ll cost a huge amount to get them. Then if two characters with same speed come up against each other 50/50 chance of going first. I would be happy with this
    No.

The mods are great right now because people who really invest time and effort end up with a better spread of mods. Allowing players, and whales to pay for the stars or mods would ruin the game / time and resource investment

Also, if someone ends up with a 25+ speed mod, it wouldn’t affect No_Try that much since he has assuming he doesn’t have a bunch of good mods

You can also have a 25+ speed mod in a health set that others can beat using 20+ speed set mods
  • Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    Options
    The question is : Have you spent more in game credit in the game for nothing or garbage ? The answer is obviously Yes..
    They won't change anything or just make it worse..
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Guess who's gonna win this match, the one with the god mod? xD

3rmaw3f0432j.png
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Lol that's a funny matchup.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    It's all random.

It's all controlled random.

Random would mean fair chance..it's not.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    It's all random.

And then even the random as you described it isn't used in computer games since that's too expensive. The statistical distributions matching the aimed drop table %s is sufficient enough most purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNs8aB0huoc
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It's all random.

And then even the random as you described it isn't used in computer games since that's too expensive. The statistical distributions matching the aimed drop table %s is sufficient enough most purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNs8aB0huoc

for this nonsense yeah i agree with you totally sufficient.

now would CG's definition of random RNG pass an online poker sites regulation definition of RNG ???

Maybe the khanawake guys they are pretty corrupt.

But yeah for a star wars game.... pretty sure they could get WORSE and still be more than sufficient

does not mean I have to like it. Does not mean speed should have a less percentage to roll then everything else

EDIT : although I'm definatly coming around to having a lot more +200 offense 0 speed mods as long as crit health or prot hits..

Prob using more non speed mods than i ever have before...that just may be due to the crazy kits we have now... if it was 2 years ago....prob back to all speed again
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    Imagine if they just got rid of the speed stat. Then the base speed would decide the turn order and we could actually have a lot of fun strategizing how to use the other valuable stats like offense, protection, health and hell! Even defense would come into play. In a turn based game, pushing the base speed changes the turn order and makes toons stronger than they are meant to be by going earlier and using their devastating effects.

Convert the speed stat into something else, surely they could find something
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    Imagine if they just got rid of the speed stat. Then the base speed would decide the turn order and we could actually have a lot of fun strategizing how to use the other valuable stats like offense, protection, health and hell! Even defense would come into play. In a turn based game, pushing the base speed changes the turn order and makes toons stronger than they are meant to be by going earlier and using their devastating effects.

I wasn’t around during the “Poe coin flip” meta but I heard the complaints and it didn’t sound fun.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    JasFonz wrote: »

I wasn’t around during the “Poe coin flip” meta but I heard the complaints and it didn’t sound fun.

I agree, no mods didn't make the game fun at all. I also agree with JasFonz. But I don't think getting rid of speed is the solution. What made speed extremely important right of the bat when mods was first release was the impact of it. Just dial that down a lot, like make it multiply all the mod speeds by 0.25 and you get to a state where the contribution of speed is closer to other stats.

You can see how that would work on the awesome mod helper website that's grandivory. When you go through remodding your whole roster, what's left at last are the mods that has single speed bumps, and then the system doesn't pick single speed ones (+3+6 range) over no speed mods anymore, it's programmed in a way that can distribute the emphasis of other stats.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    And what's off with the current state of speed stat is evident for me when you can basically double the base of a toon. That's just ridicilious design.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    It's all random.

"Random" meaning it's random that I get better mods than you, assuming we're farming and buying exactly the same.

As far as controlled goes, you don't know any more than I do.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Speed almost never hits high on mods that start Gold or Purple for me. My best mods have come from Blue mods bought, won as loot from events or farmed.

And on top of that it is better NOT to have speed in place already.