Opinion on why Obiwan is on Cantina

Prev13
In my opinion he is in Cantina because he is useless in this meta

in few weeks when everybody starred him up

Everyone will also have decent starred yoda and basically against yoda obiwan is

useless.

So to speak Whales won't mind if FTP have him now.

because he is useless now.

well he is cool character at least

cheers

Replies

• Options
    Free is free
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Well he is on cantina. Not that cheap to farm
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Where? You mean he's not chromium pack only now?
  • Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

nope. new update which will be sometime during today he will be in cantina
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

nope. new update which will be sometime during today he will be in cantina

That's good news for me since I only need one more shard to get him to 5 star and can get yoda today. But overall I won't be using him much.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    I think he will be more useful than you think.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben? Useless? Lol

Old Ben is one of my favorite toons. Excellent turn meter manipulation and skill set. His leader skill will be great now that they're fixing that bug.

And speed+ damage isn't everything.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Old Ben? Useless? Lol

Old Ben is one of my favorite toons. Excellent turn meter manipulation and skill set. His leader skill will be great now that they're fixing that bug.

Dunno about the guy defining him as useless... but for me he has one useless passive unique... as it's rare as a player for you to kill him anything but last.

In the past he was a essentially a pay to win character prior to his nerf. His nerf essentially rendered his unqiue skill into a wasted ability which no one is going to trigger because he doesn't pose a threat like he used to.

The unique ability really needs to be made into a sith-only taunt! Such that any sith character will target him... then that passive may seem more useful... Til then he is essentially 66% character, as his third ability will hardly if ever trigger, even the AI won't target him early.

Mind tricks is good, but the long cooldown on it will mean you'll be lucky to use it more than once in the vast majority of fights... which severely limits the use of Obi Wan in the GW.

At the moment his usefulness is half of what the majority of other characters are...
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Mind tricks locks abilities, debuffs offense and resets turn meter on the entire enemy team. It's the strongest debuff skill in the game. Use it with a strong fast team and it can protect them as well as any taunting tank, imho.
  • Options
    He was the best hero when the game launched. His special skill is stüll crazy good.

But.

If your opponent has Yoda, Tenacity Up will prove Kenobi just useless; his Mind Tricks will get resisted by all toons.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Options
    Yeah said this when they said he was comming and thought hah Yoda ftw. 7* yoda kit over ben any day but poor ben he only has 1 use. Even killing him before last can let yoda steal all the buffs lol.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah said this when they said he was comming and thought hah Yoda ftw. 7* yoda kit over ben any day but poor ben he only has 1 use. Even killing him before last can let yoda steal all the buffs lol.

depends on the team old ben is on... If it's fast, you still want to defeat him last cause fast moving characetrs with all those buffs will decimate your team before Yoda can share them and Yoda isn't exactly a character with a lot of health.. bear in mind you need yoda to reach his turn again before he can share the buff... So this strategy is only viable if the team Old Ben is on is slow, if you want Yoda to copy all of those buffs
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Kokimjustin
    175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Old Ben? Useless? Lol

Wow. you honestly have no idea in this game .

Obiwan has one skill that is mind trick.

few weeks from now most of people have yoda.

If yoda is in the team Old Ben's trick gets resisted by everyone 100%.

Without it he has no damage just tanky guy who I can let him live till the end.

So yeah he is definitely useless.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben? Useless? Lol

Lol... Ok, so now I have no idea how to play this game. I guess I had better go home and rethink my life now. ^^

No but srsly, don't tell me how Yoda works. Notwithstanding that the vast majority of teams in my top 20 doesn't use Yoda, there's also the fact that AI usually attacks first turn and saves battle meditation for later. When player controlled... Well, most teams win on the offense anyway. Don't need Yoda for that.

In general, stating that this and this toon is useless because this and this toon counters it, makes me wonder how you think games like these are designed? Everything has counters.
  • Options
    Old Ben? Useless? Lol

Lol... Ok, so now I have no idea how to play this game. I guess I had better go home and rethink my life now. ^^

No but srsly, don't tell me how Yoda works. Notwithstanding that the vast majority of teams in my top 20 doesn't use Yoda, there's also the fact that AI usually attacks first turn and saves battle meditation for later. When player controlled... Well, most teams win on the offense anyway. Don't need Yoda for that.

In general, stating that this and this toon is useless because this and this toon counters it, makes me wonder how you think games like these are designed? Everything has counters.

This. Everyone's acting as if Ben's obsolete now. He's amazing on offense and there's a good chance the AI will **** up anyways.
  • dauz6063
    73 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    To OP, here's a conspiracy theory: Old Ben was released on cantina to make GW a living hell for us just like Sid. B)

Although Sid is not as annoying as Old Ben will be.
  • Options
    Old Ben? Useless? Lol

your talking about yoda with his defense. seriously we are talking about yoda when we are attacking.

On defense AI uses everyone wrong and extremely less powered or skilled team can beat anybody with

right attack cause AI defense is just horrible.

what I am saying is yes you can use obiwan and he is still ok character but he is 20% at best

from what he used to be before yoda appeared.

• Rysterical
    58 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have another theory. Old Ben is released before the end of Yoda event, so all who thought that Yoda is 'meh' could be forced (spending crystalls on refreshes) to aquire Yoda even at 5* to get an easy counter. Besides, its cantina with expensive refreshes, so many would be willing to spend crystalls to get Old Ben, cause, you know, it's Old Ben. It's a win-win situation for CG/EA :)
  • Options
    Rysterical wrote: »
    I have another theory. Old Ben is released before the end of Yoda event, so all who thought that Yoda is 'meh' could be forced (spending crystalls on refreshes) to aquire Yoda even at 5* to get an easy counter. Besides, its cantina with expensive refreshes, so many would be willing to spend crystalls to get Old Ben, cause, you know, it's Old Ben. It's a win-win situation for CG/EA :)

interesting... I totally agree with you.

win win
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben? Useless? Lol

your talking about yoda with his defense. seriously we are talking about yoda when we are attacking.

On defense AI uses everyone wrong and extremely less powered or skilled team can beat anybody with

what I am saying is yes you can use obiwan and he is still ok character but he is 20% at best

You missed the part where I mentioned Yoda on attack? It's not like you're gonna win too many battles on the defense anyway. Yoda doesn't change anything. He just reinforces a pattern that was already there.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben? Useless? Lol

No he's not. You just don't play Ben in your last battle for the day then so he isn't defending against other yodas. It's as easy as that. He can still be excellent when he's attacking.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    Very good for defense team. But who does use defense team ? Who want to have defense team ? Who does see a sense of defense team in this game except GW ?
  • Options
    The only defense team i see right now is a lot of heavy hitters with assist, rey and to protect them a little: RG. It is great we will get Old Ben. When levelcap was raised from 60-70 i wasn't able to get through GW for about 30-40%. I just hope this will change on our way to level 80, using a 4* gear 4 Old Ben in fights i can not win anymore against a team with my dolphin roster :wink:. And i really hope there will be less threads about "GW impossible" thanks to the old guy. Right now i do not care much about Ben in PVP. But with a future levelcap, more health and therefore tankier teams he will find his spot i guess. Just one team in our top 20 runs him. At least i hope you will not be defeated in less than 1.5 minutes anymore or 50 seconds autoplay.
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Options
    Old Ben? Useless? Lol

Well said - Yoda doesn't kill Old Ben at all because AI Yoda doesn't proc meditation first. Old Ben's mind tricks is still one of the best skills in the entire game....and you can use him well vs. these damage / speed builds in a tanking squad. Everyone should absolutely farm Old Ben at some point because if you are able to reasonably get his skill off, it absolutely obliterates a team.
  • Options
    Old Ben? Useless? Lol

Well said - Yoda doesn't kill Old Ben at all because AI Yoda doesn't proc meditation first. Old Ben's mind tricks is still one of the best skills in the entire game....and you can use him well vs. these damage / speed builds in a tanking squad. Everyone should absolutely farm Old Ben at some point because if you are able to reasonably get his skill off, it absolutely obliterates a team.

Agreed, I run a 5* Ben with everyone else at 7*s on a server started last November and have no trouble breaking the top 50. Yodas been around for a month and no ones scared of him. With anakin and QGJ I'll take Yoda's foresight and then he's gone. Old Ben and leia go ham and before you know it it's 5 v 3. I would take old Ben on offense and defense anyday of the week over Yoda, but that's just my opinion. I'm more wary of daka dooku and ST han teams because the self revive and TM manipulation has got me before. Glad that's getting fixed, but didnt know Leia was bugged so we'll see how that plays out.
  • Options
    With the Level increase on the way, Old Ben and other toons may appear to become a threat in the future, it's hard to say now how things will play out now....
  • Options
    DashRendar wrote: »
    Old Ben? Useless? Lol

Agreed, I run a 5* Ben with everyone else at 7*s on a server started last November and have no trouble breaking the top 50. Yodas been around for a month and no ones scared of him. With anakin and QGJ I'll take Yoda's foresight and then he's gone. Old Ben and leia go ham and before you know it it's 5 v 3. I would take old Ben on offense and defense anyday of the week over Yoda, but that's just my opinion. I'm more wary of daka dooku and ST han teams because the self revive and TM manipulation has got me before. Glad that's getting fixed, but didnt know Leia was bugged so we'll see how that plays out.

breaking top 50? that ain't even hard son
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    image_7.jpeg
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    Compare and contrast Meatbag Mayhem with Jedi Mind Trick.

Bear in mind that Mayhem also does damage and can be reused every few turns, and that HK doesn't sit there uselessly the rest of the game.
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    image_7.jpeg

You're on a roll today!