Is anyone else consistently getting unfairly matched in GA?

It seems like every time I play GA, I’m playing against people that are way more advanced than I am. It is frustrating and all I hear about it from support is the same useless generic email.

Replies

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    No one else has ever mentioned an issue with this.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    CabinMan wrote: »
    It seems like every time I play GA, I’m playing against people that are way more advanced than I am.

May I suggest, that you advance some more yourself, if you want to win GA? (Whatever you mean by 'advanced')
  • Options
    CabinMan wrote: »
    It seems like every time I play GA, I’m playing against people that are way more advanced than I am. It is frustrating and all I hear about it from support is the same useless generic email.

If by 'advanced' you mean they have a stronger developed roster then you, then if you and they have matching GP, then the system is working as intended.

The system matches people of close GP together for the GA brackets

If however you and your opponents GP is wildly different, then continue to try support, as this would be a bug/issue
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    What exactly would you expect support to do? The matchmaking is working as intended, you just don’t like how it works.
  • Options
    GA matching criteria is GP. If you're getting beaten at your current GP, then you need to add valuable GP to your roster as you progress. This means gearing squads to G12 and adding only the most useful zetas to those squads. It also means ensuring you have the appropriate characters on those squads (journey and legendary characters).

The single best way to improve your GA performance is by improving your squads' effectiveness with only very small changes to their GP - and of course I mean mods. The mod grind is zero fun. It's discouraging to the point of demoralizing. It breeds resource resentment like no other component of this game, except maybe farming the vets on 16 energy cantina nodes ("wait, I could use those crystals on stuff that I actually want to do...").

But most GAs are won on mods and improving your mods doesn't really change your GP so it represents the only way to improve without also adding to your GP.

Relying on matchmaking to improve your chances isn't a recipe for success.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Mod grind is zero fun until that magical day when it's the best thing that's happened in the game for you. B)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I'm losing but it is because I suck