Nute cooldown increase resistable

It's not right that his is resistable while other characters that use the same mechanic arw not! Either his gets fixed to be inline with the others or everyone's become resistable. Don't be crappy about this CG!

Replies

• Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    They need to fix everyone else's ability wording now, if this one instance is intended to be resisted. I think only one other toon that reduces cooldown actually specifies that it can't be resisted..
  • Clash2Far
    179 posts Member
    Options
    It's not right that his is resistable while other characters that use the same mechanic arw not! Either his gets fixed to be inline with the others or everyone's become resistable. Don't be crappy about this CG!

While I don’t agree with the decision, any chance CG you can give us some understanding as to why? Thanks
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I’m just glad it’s resistible

I don’t like CD increase being given to every toon and there's nothing you can do about it so this is better
  • Options
    Just so I'm clear, they can change their mind about things and I'd be fine with it. It's just the inconsistent way they've decided this one character's should be resistable that I think is a crappy move.
  • Options
    It’s just odd, and creates confusion for people. Not everyone is going to realize this. Lack of consistency in mechanics has been a minor but significant issue with this game for a long time, and this is a perfect example.

If this is how they want it to be, then they need to add unresistable to previous cooldown increase mechanics.
  • Genpaku408
    119 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Jedi revan, Darth Traya, both their CD increase skills can be resisted. Nothing in their skills says it cant be
  • Options
    Just so I'm clear, they can change their mind about things and I'd be fine with it. It's just the inconsistent way they've decided this one character's should be resistable that I think is a crappy move.

Why? Some characters have attacks that can't be evaded....not everyone does. JTR has a heal immunity that can't be cleansed....most other heal immunity debuffs can be cleansed. Where does it say that abilities have to work exactly the same for every character with a similar ability?
  • Salacious_B_Crumb
    144 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Genpaku408 wrote: »

Jedi revan, Darth Traya, both their CD increase skills can be resisted. Nothing in their skills says it cant be

They actually cannot be resisted, Nute's is the first cool down increase to be resistable. Death Trooper, Darth Nihilus, Darth Traya, Jedi Knight Revan and breaking the fear debuff all have this mechanic, and they are all unresistable.

If you didn't know tenacity down is also not resistable and it doesn't spend time telling you it can't be.
  • Options

Why? Some characters have attacks that can't be evaded....not everyone does. JTR has a heal immunity that can't be cleansed....most other heal immunity debuffs can be cleansed. Where does it say that abilities have to work exactly the same for every character with a similar ability?

Because this has always been unresistable without stating that it is. It would be like if they introduced a character that inflicted tenacity down but it could be resisted. It’s a change in mechanics.
  • Options

Abilities that work differently say specifically that they cannot be resisted. If they intend all previous cool down increases to be unresistable they should state they are explicitly. Much like JTR's ability says that it cannot be resisted!
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I agree it should say it if it's unresistable, but then again it gives smart players like us the advantage. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH